We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Do you think Windows of Opportunity needs a nerf or cooldown?

Options
TheSingularity
TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
edited October 2023 in Polls

Not biased towards either role. I don't run this perk as survivor, just want your opinion on it.

Do you think Windows of Opportunity needs a nerf or cooldown? 76 votes

Nerf It
25%
MikeStevF60_31A_Can_Of_AirChordycepsBarnesFlamChikyFridayNightPizzaValZechta1TheMetalOnesaneesQuinfuzzballRaconteurminatorDepressedlegionTheSingularityjonifireWilliamSNFelgoosecaiptMusxussu575 19 votes
Leave It. Fine as is.
75%
BlueberryKaitsjaAtsuka_AnarchyxEaMrPenguinoxygenkinJustAShadowtenoresaxNAERUUUCrowmanAnnso_xDhurl421Marc_go_soloNoOneKnowsNovaVenusaViktor1853GuiltiiSleemHaunterofShadows 57 votes
Post edited by TheSingularity on

Comments

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,143
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

i think its fine from a killer mains perspective

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Nerf It

Normally agree. I'd just like to see it toned down to maybe not see so much usage.

• JustAShadow
    JustAShadow Member Posts: 105
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

The perk is fine, it doesn't give you anything that's not on the map already. If anything, this perk bridges the gap between solos and SWFs as you can have all the maps' layouts ingrained in your head but you still can't always know what resources were used by your teammates without comms unless you have an aura reading on them.

• sanees
    sanees Member Posts: 518
    Options
    Nerf It

add permanent fatigue if the survivor has wo, this way there will be at least a little less people with mft

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,632
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

Perk is fine. People can learn to counter the perk with blindness add-ons or perks.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 12,756
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

I think it's fine.

• thisislastyearsmodel
    thisislastyearsmodel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 636
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

It's fine. I'd prefer playing against 4 WoO actually because that means every person who's running it isn't running Adrenaline, DS, DH, Plot Twist, MFT, Buckle Up, FtP, Unbreakable, etc etc etc

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,804
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

I can't fully see the logic behind a nerf, personally. It is a highly-popular perk, but it only gives knowledge of where vaults and pallets are. After a while, survivors understand the layout of a tile anyway. Also, whilst the info helps, information goes only so far if the killer is good.

• Felgoose
    Felgoose Member Posts: 163
    Options
    Nerf It

Just make it activate only once a survivor has been injured for the first time, then it's active for the rest of the match. It doesn't even need to be the survivor with the perk that gets injured. Currently the perk gives too much information that can be used in the first chase of the game.

• NAERUUU
    NAERUUU Member Posts: 501
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

Alright, so, we have the usage :

32.38% ... that's ... a lot !

But ... is their an " broken " effect ?

Hmmm, no.

you might say " oh but that's helpful for loop in SoloQ ", and that's true, but a lot of killer (meta or not), have antiloop), it's not used to destroy killer, and sometimes, you have to leave the chase, bamboozled, mindgames, breakpallets.

It's really helpful for SoloQ and newbies, but newbies are newbies, so ... yeah easy kills.

Big usage, not powerful effect

• Quinfuzzball
    Quinfuzzball Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Nerf It

It's a nice perk but I wish survivors would take more fun perk builds. A small nerf to the range could make it still strong, but yet maybe someone will take another perk instead. I don't see enough verity in games. Most survivors taking perks that don't benefit the team aspect of the game or some other chase perk. It feels like it's only a chase perk meta. 24/7.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

yes

• kin
    kin Member Posts: 551
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

It is better to rework the maps so that they do not have so many pallets, windows, pallets that are 5 meters apart from each other, good pallets a few meters from strong windows, good windows, a few meters from strong pallets, which in turn are not far away for a strong main building. 

Yes, I exaggerated, but this is only partly an exaggeration

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 441
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

Windows is mostly used by 3 types of Survivors;

1: New players that have no idea of map layout.

2: Bad loopers who need the info of "where is the next pallet" (usually they are fairly new).

3: SoloQ players that want to know where not to go since their teammates can create deadzones during the first chase.

Windows is completely fine as it is since when player get good/more confident/learn the maps they often opt for other chase or gen perks.

While It's true that even great players use it, for them it's more to know where not to go rather than truly guide them as they already know the map layouts and don't rely on pallets as much.

Nerfing it would make the new player experience much more annoying as most games wouldn't be long enough for them to learn anything.

If anything, this perk also serves as a way to make SoloQ more even with SWF that can callout dropped pallets in advance.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Nerf It

I think survivors are too dependent on this perk, playing solo survivor like every game has WoO. Nerf it, so I can see the perk variations of other survivors.

36 match, 108 survivors, 53 using Windows of Opportunity : https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/388496/played-36-match-here-are-my-perk-stats

• Musxussu575
    Musxussu575 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Nerf It

Agree. This is what I like to call a "crutch perk". That is, so many people use it so often that if they were to remove it from their build they wouldn't be able to operate the same. They've become so reliant on it that they can't get rid of it. They are cursed with running a three-perk build because the fourth will always have to be Windows. We used to see the exact same thing with Dead Hard and Decisive Strike. Discouraging one out of every three survivors in any given match from becoming too heavily reliant on it is a good thing.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,056
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

I might have reduced the radius a little (24-28m) to slightly weaken loops chaining, but this is maximum. In any case, there are a lot of perks that require changes much more than WoO.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

Its a wasted perk slot. Every killer should pray that this perk stays the way it is.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options
    Nerf It
    • using to see what your soloQ teammates have dropped is perfect.
    • using it to completely eliminate any semblance of map skill is bad.

keep the former while the removing the latter. Maybe a cooldown+range increase or something, idk.

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 353
    Options
    Nerf It

or revert back to old version of WoO

20 meter and 20s cooldown everytime you vault a window or drop a pallet.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

In principle I wouldn't have anything against some kind of nerf (e.g. cooldown / activating periodically or whatever) ; since Aliens screaming perk got somewhat popular there are plenty matches where it effectively has cooldown.

But I don't think there's a point.

Not having Windows at times doesn't bother me at all. I use the time I do have it to get a read on which tiles still have their pallets and which of the spawn options it's in. That's plenty for me - and arguably anyone else who isn't entirely new and doesn't know anything about maps yet.

Meaning: a nerf that limits availability hits those who actually need it to learn Layouts and stuff the hardest.

Granted, people crutching on it way too hard would be force to get some basic map layout principles to their heads ....but that's about it. These people are rarely succesful with woo since their burn through resources way too fast.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Nerf It

With a nerf, survivors would eventually get better with it. You blind a survivor now and they don't know wjere to run because their training wheels can't help them...

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,759
    Options

It is a soloq perk. In a dedicated SWF with comms you can bypass the perk entirely by calling out which pallets are dropped. In soloq it is merely QoL at the cost of a valuable perk slot. It doesn't make loops any stronger, it merely shows which problems exist in the map. It is common because last I recall, 60% of Survivors are soloq.

Killer and Survivor garbage perks need to be buffed to 'viable' status, that way we can get more perk variety. As long as Bloodhound and Poised exist in their current state, people are going to use the same 10 perks on both sides.

• Missed_Skillcheck
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

I think it's valuable for new and solo players. Just because it's popular doesn't necessarily mean it's OP.

• theresagameinmybug
    theresagameinmybug Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

As someone with disability which impacts my ability to visualise/memorise maps, positions and style/usage of pallets throughout a match, it’s impossible almost to play without it.

so yeah, not keen on a nerf. I mean, maybe make it so it’s only active while in chase/terror radius but otherwise leave as is.

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 592
    Options
    Nerf It

While it can be used to help newer players learn the maps, it's also a perk that completely eliminates the need to do so. Map knowledge is an exceedingly important thing to have, as is spacial awareness - Windows of Opportunity replaces both. I don't think it's healthy for either side to have perks that incentivise someone turning their brain off.

If I had a say in things, I'd add some kind of play-time tracker to the perk. Use the perk for a total of 25 hours, for example, and maybe it gets a range decrease or a cool down. Use it for another 10 hours, another decrease in effectiveness. It maintains its use as a learning perk, but it doesn't become a long-term crutch perk that ultimately atrophies game sense more than it helps. Give Kate a new perk and make Windows of Opportunity a generic perk so newer players have immediate access to it.

• Sleem
    Sleem Member Posts: 179
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

We have the exact equivalent on the killer side so it's fine. If it changes, change zanshin tactics too.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options
    Leave It. Fine as is.

I have my own ideas for adjustments if nerfs are needed, but I don't think they're needed right now.

The problem, as others have said, is more due to poor map design.

Being a single LT jungle and having a pallet loop next to it are completely different conditions, and because the management ignores this difference, relatively biased killer bullying loops can often occur.