Hooks Should No longer Break from the Third Hook Stage

Often killers can find themselves hooking survivors repeatedly on the same hook or general area of hooks. Killers also have moments where they down almost all of the survivors in one area. This is because the match will slowly but surely revolve around one side of the map. The pressure of hooks states mostly happens near the gens so that the killer can have constant pressure in the area. What happens though is eventually the Killer gets their first or second kill in that area that has all gen pressure on that side. So what happens is there are almost no hooks left on that side of the map making it very difficult to get your third kill because there are no nearby hooks. This makes some killers choose the choice to bleed out survivor because taking the risk of carrying you over and you wiggling out isn't worth the time or the pressure that's lost in the process.

• Suggest changes

Stop hooks from being permanently broken after the third hook.

• Buffing the perk breakdown

Two different buffing options (Breakdown will break the hook for 180 seconds after the unhook and will gain one of the additional buffs that I suggested)

Breakdown now makes the hook break for 180 seconds on your third hook state (Death hook).

or

Breakdown permanently breaks the hook on your third hook state (Death hook).

This will make a perk that is already decently strong and underused, be used more often because it would provide more value to your teammates and yourself.

Comments

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2023

Why should I care what my perk does after I'm out of the game? You get value when the game end and you're not even around to witness it? LOL. Breakdown idea is funny.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I probably wouldn't have said it before, but I'd agree with the idea of it now.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

The fact that wiggling is almost entirely useless baseline kind of means hooking is way too easy. There are on average 3-4 hooks that you can bring a survivor when they are downed and make it just fine. You should be punished for protecting one area of the map and or camping one hook.

Because right now, you are talking about a situation that happens maybe once every 20 games. I personally think baseline the same hook should immediately become unusable for 1 minute after someone is unhooked.

I don't have a problem with removing permanent hook interactions. But using the same hook over and over again especially if it's a scourge hook, is way too easy. Honestly this one simple change of having a cool down on hooks could kill camping on its own.