"RED FOREST"

Just how the red forest map could be looking like:

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    I'm pretty sure it comes from the type of tree, not the actual color of the forest bro.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

Or something like this:

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Cetren said:
    I'm pretty sure it comes from the type of tree, not the actual color of the forest bro.
    Idk, I'm not English. These are the first results of Google picture tho 
  • Justicar
    Justicar Member Posts: 319

@Cetren said:

I always thought it was a reference to the amount of blood spilled there.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Doing some research usually comes up with an explanation for why something is or isn't a certain way.

The Red Forest is an area of forest around Chernobyl. It was named that way after the reddish colour the pine trees had when they died due to the radiation (you can also look at some Fallout 4 screenshots, the vegetation in the Commonwealth has the same reddish-brown colour).

The Huntress originates from that area, hence why the Realm is named after it.

• Sel
    Sel Member Posts: 92

@Vietfox said:
    Or something like this:

I just vomited.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Would be nice to see some different color pallets used on the maps, most of them look pretty similar in that aspect.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Sel said:

@Vietfox said:
    Or something like this:

I just vomited.

That means it's working.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Blueberry said:

Would be nice to see some different color pallets used on the maps, most of them look pretty similar in that aspect.

I feel they have done a good job in that regard considering maps like Ormond, Yamaoka Estate, The Game and Lery's.