We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Nothing will ever kill DBD.

Options
Slaughterhouse3
Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 884
edited August 2023 in Off-topic

And that is fine! TCSM is so fun! But DBD is still a great game that some of us might have gotten a little bored of. Some of us have played for so many hours its insane lol nice to have some other games to play on the side.

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I find it so weird how so many are either "I want a game to kill DBD" or "I want DBD to kill any other game that's similar." There's plenty of room for more assym horror games, it'll be good if there's more to choose from instead of this Highlander "there can be only one" mentality.

• Bobitslapis
    Bobitslapis Member Posts: 85
    Options

I don't get how people want to see DBD "Die".

It's just a stupid thought, especially for the people who have spend their money on this game.

Sure, there are some problems that make DBD more frustrating and perhaps even too competitive, but even aside from that, i think the Developers right now are doing a great job.

Aside from that, it also literally gave us the option to play our beloved Characters from deadbeat franchises like Silent Hill and even level them up to our liking. (Even though im not a fan of the current prestige system.)

I do hope that perhaps TCM is kind of a regulator and competitor for DBD, since Competition is always something that every project needs to have in order to be great, but i surely dont think its going to even scratch DBD in that sense.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,000
    Options

The only thing that will ever kill DBD is DBD

There is also plenty of room for multiple asymmetrical multiplayer horror games in the world. Especially given that DBD and TCM are two very different games. Their only real similarity is that they're both asymmetrical multiplayer horror games but even if they were carbon copies of one another, there is still PLENTY of room in the gaming space for both to exist.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 450
    Options

I don't want DBD to die

if it does everyone will move to the newest asym and ruin that to

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,805
    Options

I wouldn't say nothing will ever kill dbd. It's just likely not going to be X newly released game.

The biggest problem is people are clearly sticking with something they are hoping dies instead of just moving on to other games.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 450
    Options

For DBD to die the devs would have to do some real messed up stuff IRL

or bring back insta blinds and/or insta heals that would probably kill it

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

Why do they even need to be compared! Similar genre, but people can like more than one game of the same genre. It's a bunch of crazies who have that mind set.

I love "Silent Hill"; it's my favourite horror game series. It does not mean I had to hope games like "Outlast", "Resident Evil" and every other horror game ever made had to be killed by it. It's such a weird thought process to me.