We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Do you mind when killer goes AFK or is friendly?

Options
vBlossom_
vBlossom_ Member Posts: 274

Hey, I thought I'd ask the DBD community in general what their views are on this.

I've had little time to play DBD lately, however I want to finish the Rift to get skins (a bit of FOMO). What is your attitude towards killers who are friendly or do something and then go AFK? For my ~2000 hours in DBD I never play a killer "for real", more to go AFK or do tasks like "hang x people". I think it's ok to play this way, because I also often have beginners who are just starting to play DBD and are not that experienced.

Do you mind when killer goes AFK or is friendly? 27 votes

I have nothing against friendly killers or AFK killers
77%
MogyeszlulMrPenguinSloppy_WeinerzvBlossom_AurelleEvilSerjeGarlicRiceMarc_123AoltreduygurvzrvzrvzAtherainesaintjimmy45609SHARKBOSSCountOfTheFogQuinfuzzballDepressedlegionTheSingularitySkillfulstoneYusoka 21 votes
I don't like to play AFK killer/friendly killer
22%
brokedownpalaceExerlinEvan_tliffUnfunny_ClownFelgoose 6 votes

Comments

• vBlossom_
    vBlossom_ Member Posts: 274
    Options

ofc second option is "against AFK Killer"

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited August 2023
    Options

Depends on the case really. If the killer is afk the whole game it's just boring, and sometimes frustrating because you barely get any BPs and don't even pip (sometimes not even safety pip).

If the killer suddenly afks mid-game and it doesn't seem to be a ragequit I assume their doorbell rang or something so I don't mind, stuff happens and I've done it myself too

As for friendly it depends on your definition I guess. Friendly killers that play normally but don't particularly sweat and play along with memes and funny moments are my absolute favorite, "friendly" killers who force you to farm are annoying and those who start farming because they're losing are the worst.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,153
    Options

i love the friendly ones i tell my team the killer is afk so they blow up our gens to reset

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

I dont mind friendly killers, but I don't like afk killers at all. You shouldn't have put the two together.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,259
    Options

I am pretty friendly killer - especially if i get new players.

But as surv i encountered i think 2 killers who were friendly in the last months. I haven´t seen an AFK for ages.

But i have no problem with them as you get your points and escape.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,468
    Options

I am a friendly killer IF I'm just playing for bloodpoints. I max out both the Hunting and Deviousness categories, then try to hook everyone twice. I don't always make it obvious though. I like to let them think they won sometimes 😏 OR like earlier, I will accomplish my two hooks and signal to them to finish the generators. When I'm a Survivor, it can be a breath of fresh air as long as the killer is playing! We need to earn BP, XP, and pips.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I don't mind friendly killers, but I don't really like AFK killers.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options

I don't like either personally, I feel to get the full experience of this game is to just play, learn, test see what works, what doesn't, I don't like farming as it's boring, I don't mind when I get a message asking for help though if they are doing a mission. AFK Killers? What's the point in beginning a game then if it's an intentional AFK? I get life gets in the way and sometimes need to go AFk for reasons, when I and Mr Mushwin started this game was no nice Killers etc, we just got stuck into it and I know it's not for everyone of course.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,596
    Options

I find teabagging Ghostface' very amusing.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 258
    Options

It's a nice break after getting tunneled half the time.

• saintjimmy456
    saintjimmy456 Member Posts: 185
    Options

There's a big difference between friendly and afk. Friendly we can have a fun game, all get points and pips and leave happy. Afk killers, you just have to tediously do generators, usually alone while other survivors run around the killer. Then you leave the map and get no points and no pips and feeling like you've wasted your time.

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options

Sometimes it's nice to have a friendly killer. AFK is annoying though because I lose pips from it.