Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thoughts on Larry?

Zokenay
Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

So what you think of this killer after hes been out for a while?

I think he has too many flaws that hold him back, the detection of his Biopods isnt good, you can have nearly 80% of the survivor's body in view and not being able to target them.

Indoor maps make his power borderline unusable.

And the situation with the EMPs is hard to say, cause without them hes crazy strong, but with them, hes super weak, there has to be a middle ground.

Comments

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

I really wanted to make him work cuz I loved his voice lines but playing them is just an exercise in futility. We all know about the EMPs but even beyond that overclock doesn't last very long and the pods don't always lock on even though the survivor is plainly on the screen.

I personally think he's not salvageable barring a full rework but I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,183

the middle ground that he is missing is lack of 4vs1. it is much easier for survivor to go to a box to remove infection than it is for singularity to apply infection. he does not have enough dynamic information to apply infection pressure onto the survivor. Overclock is not particularly hard to outlast when only 1 person is infected. His overclock duration relies on many survivor being infected and map mobility also relies on survivors being infected. Both of those get canceled by passive EMP generation.

I think his 4vs1 skill-floor needs to be easier on killer side. At same time, if his skill-floor is lowered that he can just infect the entire team easily and outpace passive EMP generation, survivor might complain that he is too oppressive. only time will tell if BVHR decides to improve him.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

He's good, no doubt, but he's so complicated and requires a high-level knowledge of the game to be played at all.

That excludes toomany people, hence why you don't see him.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476

The most underrated killer in DbD's history

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

the only killer I do not currently own.

also the first time I got the survivor before the killer...

hux is cool but I'm not excited to play him on console

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 185

He requires Hillbilly-level effort for...

Uh. Well.

Hillbilly-level results.

He's Hillbilly.

Except Hillbilly is obviously a chase killer, Singularity is a chase killer masquerading as an area control killer, so he has the added bonus of a lot of people playing him wrong.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

He's very good and fun to play. The only change I would make is changing the aura color of disabled pods.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

He's fairly decent, just has a couple of flaws with his power. On top of that he's difficult to learn and requires a lot of skill, which also makes him dreadful to play as.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,009

"Thoughts on Larry?"

after playing larry i can safety say the opening cut sence was a lie. He was most definitely design to hurt the crew