The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there any overpowered Killer perk atm?

Comments

• Kerkvlerk
    Kerkvlerk Member Posts: 68

It used to trigger on every Hook Stage with a Scourge Hook (it NEVER triggered on every hook) for 15% (if rank 3) so if you could get 11 hooks survivors needed to make 1.65 gens extra inorder to complete the trial on top of that you screamed so it gave away the location where you where making a gen with the highest completion rate.

Now its a maximum of 4 times you can let a gen explode at 25% instead. So instead of making 1.65 gens extra you only need to make 1 gen extra + as killer we do not know what generator explodes like in the past.

I am thinking you are actually returning to the game after a year or so? The only thing that actually works on every hook 12 times is Pop Goes The Weasel.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,438

I mean I would also fear admiting something thats not only not true but might get people to realize I do not know what makes something overtuned. Thats like if someone were to complain about something like any means necesary, id just reply with...LMAO

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

I think it's more realistic that people just don't agree with that sentiment, personally.

• UnavailableName
    UnavailableName Member Posts: 298

There are 4 survivors, usually they all bring the perks listed above so you have to deal with multiple MFT/SB/DH etc... it is extremely frustrating.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,907

Your not alone. I see it particualty often since Xenomorph dropped.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,193

I'd say Pain Resonance and Deadlock feel a bit overtuned at the moment. Apart from that, not really. A lot more perks need buffs than nerfs, for both sides.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

Tell me you can't do math without telling me you can't do math LOL.

"Gain a stack-able 5% Cool-down reduction on successful attacks per Token" It's a percentage so the effect is bigger. 😉

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881
    edited September 2023

8 stacks = 40% cooldown reduction. 2.7 (current weapon hit cd) x 0.6 = 1.62. The old hit cooldown with 9 stacks of STBFL if it was possible (which effectively what new hit cd is)? 3 x 0.55 = 1.65. That 0.03 is surely doing a lot even then the 0.18 from just the comparison of old hit CD compared to new isn't getting you any more hits than before.

• Venusa
    edited September 2023

If a %3 speed boost can cause people to have emotional breakdowns on this forum this is also valid LOL.

PS. your math is still bad xoxo *

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492
    edited September 2023

That would make it weak again 10 is fine for now and if anything they could make last gen does not give any so then still 8 tokens for killer but 10 is fine so no need to nerf myers already weakest killer and it's not bad thing if this perk makes him bit more viable.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

NOED is probably the only perk in the game that can secure kills for a killer that hasn't got a single hook all match. Survivors don't know it's there until someone goes down. Depending on the circumstances, killers can also hook next to the totem to guarantee at least 1K. Who is prepared for a NOED Nurse that runs faster than survivors? Sometimes killers can just cheese wins with the perk. It's not always a skill issue if you lose to it.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,537

Look it up: https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Scourge_Hook:_Pain_Resonance

Every time a survivor was hooked on a scourge hook. Not every hook stage. I know exactly how Pain Res used to work. But it seems the wording in my initial response was off. I meant on every scourge hook, just to clarify. The difference between hook and hook stage is that you can camp someone and deny an unhook until they lose another hook stage. But in this case Pain Res was (and is) not triggered.

I am of the opinion that original Pain Res was a healthier perk overall. Current Pain Res, if used for camping gives you 25% regression every 60 (ish) seconds of time invested (maybe less, depending on the survivors). Old Pain Res would only give you 15%. Meaning you would have to go for more hooks to slow the game as significantly as you do with new Pain Res.

Pain Res now gives you more regression when you use it for camping, since you won't get that many hooks anyway. And when survivors come for the unhook / exchange, then it will be someone who hasn't been hooked before (otherwise they risk dying even faster). The information part is completely irrelevant when you're not going to leave the hook anyway.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Perks strength shouldn't be based on whether or not they make lower tiered killers viable. You have to remember there are broken killers in this game that take these stronger perks and become even more broken. Perks should be balanced regardless of who runs them.

If a killer is being held up by a perk then the killer needs to buffed. Needing to run certain perks also removes a lot of the fun that DBD offers. This community is extremely opposed to perk tuning, but balancing perks would mean you have more choices. If they adjusted the broken perks more often, you would get to try out more fun builds.

You think I enjoy running windows every game? There is no other perk that lets me know what my teammates have used on the map as well as windows. More than half my slots as a solo player are just perks that let me get info, things that SWF players get baseline. The perks shouldn't be required but they are, because they refuse to buff solo survivor.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,218

I dunno, it feels like it is a chance to prove I'm skilled. Figuring out their perks and countering them accordingly. Don't let the BL user exit the loop towards the tall height, Bloodlust 1 the MfT user, cry against Sprint Burst, y'know the norm.

• DarthRevan21
    DarthRevan21 Member Posts: 73

So would MFT, DS, DH, BT, Unbreakable, Widows, and other boring surv perks

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,594

Sloppy, Stbfl and Coup, all perks used (needed) by M1 killers. So you want to tell me this perks should be removed / nerfed and make it EVEN HARDER for M1 killer to get anything done? Why don't we nerf Jolt as well ...

• It's busted on infinite T3 Michael. Mediocre at best on everyone else.

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 302

I have never seen a noed nurse like never. Is that really a thing or did you create a strawman. I mean if your nurse using 4 perks and add-ons and survs make it to end game then you played terribly, or just not good with nurse. Also as I've never ran noed on any killer does the exposed work for m2 or is it just strictly M1?

• Biscuits

I would rather those killers be buffed than to leave in bandaid perks that can be abused by the good killers.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,702

Ultimate Weapon and STBFL are too strong. Pain Res is also pretty overbearing when camping a scourge hook/if survivors are forced to trade on that hook and combined with Pop is ridiculous, this was an issue before 6.1.0 and they fixed it but then brought it back by overbuffing Pop.

Deadlock is also too strong for camping but I’m hoping the anti-camp solution is going to remedy that one, the perk is fine otherwise.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    edited September 2023

I played against a Nurse that hid outside of the gates on Haddenfield. They waited for everyone to do the gens, then insta downed with NOED and Mori'd the survivors instantly.

It only work on M1. She turned up next to me. I ran thinking she was slower than me and she insta downed me with NOED and Mori'd me. It was a weird match. I've only ever seen something like that once.

• BillToLast
    BillToLast Member Posts: 73

Survivor mains complaining about the only basekit buff that killers got in the past 3 years, which is 10% shorter M1 cooldown to help weaker killers.

Survivor mains asking to nerf a perk that only weaker M1 killers benefit from.

If you nerf STBFL, you will see a lot more Nurses and Blights in your games.

• Venusa

Who said I'm asking for a nerf or that I'm not playing with this perk? Don't put words into my mouth. I'm just brave enough and not delusional to admit that it's too strong and kind of bs in some scenarios since 6.1.0.

• CaulDrohn

And how do you buff an M1 killer without any mobility like Trapper or Myers into viable territory? It's simply not possible without going full rework. Every strong killer in DbD has either high mobility, ranged attacks or anti-loop in their kit.

But that strong killers do not need Sloppy, Stbfl or Coup, they have their power for injuring ppl (where the mentioned perks do not work after all). But for the weaker M1 killers, their only option to increase lethality in a chase is with this perks. Nerfing them means nerfing weak killers more than strong killers. Thats just plain wrong approach. Sure we can look at some edge cases (camping with full stbfl stacks), but even at this situations, it can be perfectly reasonable to act like this (camping in end game).

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 359

Trapper could be something simple. Make unopened traps a portal as well. This way the trapper could quickly travel around the map and pick up unopened traps quickly. He already has antiloop, with his traps open, but it's kind of easily countered when survivors are in a group.

However, if you give him the ability to teleport to the unopened traps then that puts pressure on survivors to make a choice. Give him antiloop or give him mobility. Pair it with the addon that injures survivors when they disable a trap and it may even become too powerful.

Personally I've never had enough issues playing trapper to think he needs a buff like this but I would love a way to gather traps quicker.

There are lots of simple things that could be done to give slower killers more map mobility. The problem with giving a killer, like Myers or Ghostface, huge mobility, is that it could make their stealth gameplay too strong. I like playing Myers and Pig because of the stealth. It would be too oppressive if Myers had map control and still had tombstone piece or infinite T3.

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 359

Yes, and I would love this. I like the purple trapper bag but not being able to pick up my traps with it kind of sucks. I was speaking above more on his mobility side. I don't really think he needs a strong way around the map as he is one killer that can injure, and even down people, when being on the other side of the map. I was just giving a simple example of ways to do it that could be done for nearly any killer.

To me it still comes down to map design for the most part and the way tiles get strung together. I mostly play M1 killers and don't really want to see them all changed to be like every other killer.

• Biscuits

Biggest issue with trapper is he spends too much time setting up, this can be alleviated in a multitude of ways. Having the traps be on him before the game starts. Having the traps be open in random decent spots around the map. Having the traps be in lockers that he can go to anyone.

Myers biggest issue is he runs out of juice and one good person hiding all game can prevent you from accessing more tier 3 uses. Either increase the stalk that each person can be stalked for. Or make it deteriorate over time.

All of the perks you mentioned can be strong without being too strong. Sloppy shouldn't have mangled too just the hemorrhage. STBFL should have been reduced by a proportionate amount when the base hit CD was reduced. Coup needs to lose 2-3 stacks. One perk nearly giving 5 hooks is insane.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 442

I would say Deadlock. I think it, and along with Reassurance should both be nerfed because they provide a lot of value which can sometimes be game-winning with literally no requirement

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,967

STBFL only works on M1 killers? Thats not even a funny joke

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 563

so we remove stbfl sloppy and noed, and killers are left with like 5 actually good perks? no thanks.

• caipt

do you just want pain res and deadlock to be the only viable killer perks?

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

No not removed, stbfl was not adjusted after 6.1 it should be 6 stack max or 4% per stack, sloppy is overkill after healing nerfs with both haemorrhage/mangled, noed was always unhealthy and still is

knock out and franklin... ? yes you can delete them it won't be missed

• caipt

my bad i misunderstood your point. I thought you were just saying you want them gone, not adjusted for the current meta. I could stand sloppy not effecting self heals or something like that. though I feel stbfl shouldn't be touched since it largely only helps m1 killers, and with the upcoming camping countermeasures stbfl camps witll be meaningless. if anything were to happen to stbfl, it shouldnt activate on basekit bt. that way OTR doesnt get shut down and it doesnt help tunneling.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

Nowhere to Hide and Ultimate Weapon.

While I don't think both perks are either broken or overpowered, they provide massive benefit to mobility killers.

I would suggest :

NtH - show auras of survivors within 24m range of damaged 'generator' (currently the range depends on killer's location)

UW - survivors within 32m range of the locker (killer checked) scream and reveal location & 30 seconds cooldown

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

Not that I'm necessarily agreeing entirely with the person you responded to, but that particular statement is accurate. It is only fully functional on killers that primarily damage with their M1.

STBFL doesn't provide a net benefit if you use it on, say, Huntress or Nurse. It may work in a strictly literal sense, but it's not worth it and wouldn't be considered a good pick.

Then the next step down, you have other M2 killers like, say, Wesker. You can use it on Wesker, but not using your M2 for this killer is a detriment that STBFL doesn't fully overcome, so it's still not great.

That really leaves M1 killers as the ones who use it best, or to put it another way, the ones for which it truly works without caveat or detriment. A special mention can go to Demogorgon and Deathslinger because Demo is designed such that M1 and M2 are kinda equally viable over the course of a match, and because Deathslinger can kinda-sorta mitigate stack loss better than other M1 killers, but in general, it's an M1 killer perk.

• Snowball777
    Snowball777 Member Posts: 143

Ultimate Weapon is a bit overtuned.

Besides that Killer perks are in a good spot, they need weaker perk buffs right now.

• Biscuits

While I think pain res shouldn't be 25%, I think it should be the staple for regression perks. It's limited in how much it can regress over the games course, but it's powerful. Every regression perk should have a limit to how much it can regress gens in each match.

For example the kick perks could all start with tokens like 15-25. Once the tokens run out the perk will no longer work. It wouldn't be hard for devs to tell how many kicks would make the perks viable, and how many kicks make the perk unfair.

I don't think deadlock is an unfair or op perk. It feels fair, and there is counter play, you just go to a different gen. Same with corrupt intervention, you just stealth the start of the game and spread out.

There are plenty of viable killer perks in the game, killers run regression perks because it gives them the most time to make mistakes. Aura perk builds can be stronger but require you to be a stronger player to use the information well. Chase perk builds work too but it also requires you to be extremely efficient in your decisions.

Regression gaming allows for you to basically turn your brain off and win.

• CaulDrohn

That still won't help Trapper or Myers to get out of D/E tier. They are fundamentally weaker than high mobility killers, and no tweak will change that.

Removing mangled from sloppy would kill the perk. The purpose of the perk is to slow down heals, hemo can make healing impossible. If anything, hemo should be removed. But I would rather change hemo to not drain all the progress everytime. Let it stop at 25%, 50% and 75%. Then partial healing perks like Resurgence, Reactive Healing or Solidatory wouldn't be hard countered by Hemo anymore.

Stbfl is only a real issue in camping situation, which will be dealt with differently soon(TM). No need to change the perk.

Coup with double stacks is finally USABLE! You don't have to be super mindful with your tokens anymore. The "nearly five hooks" only applies when you use your tokens optimally. Which hardly ever happens. Furthermore, even WHEN that happens, that also means all gens got DONE! You cannot stomp with the perk, since you only get stacks when gens get done! Coup is an insurance perk against gen loss. If you do well enough, the perk gives you nothing.

• Biscuits

I don't believe there is any killer in the game below B tier. All of them are capable of beating the vast majority of players in the game. SWFs cause people to have a distorted reality of DBD. Those are not the norm games, they are the outliers.

That's fine with sloppy, the thing is it shouldn't do both.

The camping change won't do anything to being able to prevent people from unhooking, which you can do with a fully stack STBFL. Not to mention hook trading will still be a thing. If they aren't going to nerf it, at the very least it shouldn't operate within 16 meters of a hooked survivor.

It's usable because it's broken. There is no counter to the perk either, it's just a free hit. People used it before the buff, of course they are going to use it after. So if you don't want to reduce the stacks, reduce the lunge.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

It was free hits at first, but now most survivors hide outside the radius. I had a gen-kicking challenge yesterday and only got value from it if I kicked the gen then saw the aura while I was moving.

Works great against guys that want to keep tapping the gen. Don't do that and you'll be fine.

• CaulDrohn
    edited September 2023

With the camping change, you do not NEED to go for the unhook at all. It's irrelevant whether the killer can prevent an altrusitic unhook, when the camped player can jump off the hook on their own eventually. I'm not a fan of dissabling it (right away), just bc I want to be able to punish stupid / bold plays like instant unhooking in the killers back. And last but not least, for the killer to even be able to camp with 8 stacks, they have to deal out those 8 hits (or more) beforehand. So it's near impossible for this situation to occur at the start (unless survivor body block like crazy) - you cannot prevent your first hook with that, bc you will only have like 2 or 3 stacks (that would be an issue right). The killer does not get the stacks for free, they have to work for it. And you as a team have a way to counter it, by letting the obsession take hits. If you get into the situation were the killer has 8 stacks and protects a hook, its: a) your failure as a survivor team, b) likely in endgame anyway.

Coup is nowhere near broken, its not even picked that much now after the buff. Did you actually play with the new Coup? It's only POTENTIALLY a free hit if you invested the time to actually learn the distances of the increased lunge. And you can still mess up then. If not, you will miss lunge attacks every now and then. Or somehow be "aim dressed" into hitting the wall (happens quite often to me :-/). And like I said, the killer will only have many stacks when you are doing GOOD as a team! When the killer steamrolls you, it's certainly not bc of the perk. Last but not least, Coup works as a great counter to the Mft meta, for that alone it should stay as it is. If Mft ever loses it's haste effect, than I wouldn't mind reducing the lunge or max tokens of coup.

Edit: And coup is the ONLY option for a pure M1 killer to ever hit a survivor with Hope in reasonable time!

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542

So I don't think pain resonate, surge or eruption are overpowered I do not want a nerf.

But, I do think they should introduce a survivor perk to counter these. Survivors need a perk that can counter perks that blow up gens from a distance. Leave them as they are just allow for the option to counter them.

• Biscuits

You will still be able to pull off STBFL unhook denies by proxy camping and following survivors to the hook. For the new unhook mechanic to work the killer has to literally face camp. Proxy camping will still be viable. I don't care how long it takes for you to be able to deny unhooks, you shouldn't be able to period.

Coup isn't used often you are correct, the meta takes a long time to find itself. Every game I play against Coup is a loss though, I have yet to play against a bad killer running Coup. Good killers know the perk is busted. I regularly ran Coup on my Myer's because it's just a very good perk on him, before the buff.

Again I don't agree with making over powered perks so M1 killers can be viable, just buff the M1 killers.

Ultimate weapon also needs to get gutted, might be the strongest perk in the game, something I have noticed recently. Good luck getting a gen done against a nurse running this perk.

• CaulDrohn

It just baffles me that someone can seriously think stfbl or coup are op, although it only works on M1 attacks, when stacked gen rergession perks (pop+jolt+pain res) are a MUCH bigger issue, and work on EVERY killer. THAT perks enable blight and nurse (even the bad players) to absolutely stomp the majority of teams, no stbfl or coup comes even close to that.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 658
    edited September 2023

The problem with this game is every perk either 1: has no effect exept for a situation you pretty much never see

or 2:it does nothing/is way to opressive towards weak killers (depending on if it’s a survivor or killer perk) or has no effect/is way to overpowered on strong killers

TL:DR perks in his game either do nothing or help only the top 6 killers 95% of the time