The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there any overpowered Killer perk atm?

13»

Comments

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

All of those things can be true at the same time. The problem with regression isn't just the perks though, it's the fact that there is no cap and you can regress the same gen 40 times. They need to cap how much each gen can be pushed back.

On the right killers STBFL and Coup are equally dominating though, I disagree that they aren't as big of a problem. If a perk enables you to reliably proxy camp to win, it needs to go. A good killer with coup is going to absolutely face roll your team.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Well, nurse is by definition OP, but so are a ######### ton of other things that are also OP when used by comp SWF teams.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 915
    edited September 2023

I wouldn't say any killer perk is overpowered in its own right, right now (well, Ultimate Weapon might well be). But there are combinations of perks and killers that could be argued to be, even if it's usually more so to do with the latter.

Nowhere To Hide is too strong on certain killers, first and foremost of course Nurse. It's a great perk that I have a great time using, and I think it's perfectly balanced and healthy on most killers, but for Nurse it just equals free hits. It is also a bit problematic on Oni, as downs come a bit too easily if you have your ability ready and auras pinpointing your victims. Big part of the reason that it can be too strong on high-mobility killers is that the aura reading range travels with the killer's position for its activation duration. They should remove that, not least because it is not in the perk's text and limits counterplay as even getting out of range doesn't necessarily prevent being revealed.

Stacked gen perks are still overtuned on any killer at A tier or above. Especially Pain Resonance and Pop Goes The Weasel can be incredibly oppressive together on already strong killers. Combine that with Corrupt Intervention and Deadlock and a good early game can already spell GG. BHVR had already had the right idea with preventing the stackability of some of the best gen perks, but they haven't really been keeping up with that. Pain Resonance even applies through Deadlock now.

Ultimate Weapon is sincerely looking like the Made For This equivalent of the current chapter, meaning something they must have deliberately set out to be a metagame changer. Not only does it have a very potent primary effect, but they tacked on a secondary effect as well just to push the perk that much further over the top. The cooldown is also rather short. It is an uncounterable tracking perk that will basically allow the killer to find anyone anywhere at much of any time. This can be really problematic around hooks and in the endgame, enable slugging, and, as always, prove particularly powerful on high-mobility killers, most of all yet again Nurse. Pretty scary on Oni, too. The scream also interrupts actions, which can be relevant in various different scenarios where any second counts, but it is particularly notable in combination with Dead Man Switch - hook someone, open a locker, go around the map and any gen within your terror radius that a survivor had been working on will get blocked. Blight can often cover the entire map, but any killer can abuse this on a gen cluster setup. The Blindness effect is also not to be underestimated. It counters aura perks of any kind of course, but it can also make it genuinely difficult to locate hooks, particularly on indoor maps. Precious seconds can be spent just frantically looking for the hook or not finding it altogether, and this adds a lot of pressure potential to what is already a perk that enables the killer to put on a lot of pressure. Same goes for slugging, which Blindness has obvious utility for. Maybe we will see a Calm Spirit reaction to a potential Ultimate Weapon meta (if Calm Spirit even counters it, I haven't tested that), but I do feel like Ultimate Weapon will need adjustments. Maybe a good change would be to make it so that any survivor within your terror radius at the point of you opening the locker will be affected, i. e. removing the 30-second duration. And as a trade-off, removing the cooldown.

Play With Your Food is kind of busted, always has been. Up to 15% extra killer movement speed just makes the game silly, it's not a chase anymore. This is particularly problematic on certain killers, such as Tombstone Myers, Pinky Finger Clown, Plague, as well as in 3-gen scenarios where the killer can just keep farming stacks in their general gameplay loop of chasing survivors off gens and kicking them, then thanks to PWYF eventually getting easy hits and downs. I think it should be easier to gain tokens, but for them to grant a lower speed boost. Something like gaining a token whenever chase state ends on anyone, up to a maximum of 10, with each token granting a 1% speed boost. Or maybe 5 tokens and 2% per token would be more practical. Bloodlust would be disabled with this.

Save The Best For Last has been a tad overtuned ever since the base hit cooldown and hit sprint duration reductions. But it's only really problematic on a select few killers (Clown and Pinhead, perhaps Deathslinger), and even then it's debatable. It probably would be better for them to adjust the perk for the new base game reality, although mostly because it can be a bit too potent in camping scenarios. But it isn't a pressing issue either.

Hubris is BS on Spirit, particularly because she has an add-on that gives her her power back immediately upon getting stunned.

Post edited by zarr on
  • CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,594

Winning by proxy camping alone does only work when the survivor team plays too altruistic. On the contrary, Stbfl and Coup shines the most when you actively go for chases.

Also, I cannot recall a single game I lost as survivor, where I later realized "Yep, we lost bc. of stbfl and coup". When we lost, it was bc the killer was fast at downing ppl, NOT proxy camping. On the contrary, I had SO MANY matches were the killer was caried hard by some or multiple gen regression perks. Being very suboptimal in chases, but having so much gen regression effects at just the right time. So even if stbfl+coup were equally strong as gen regression (which is isn't, imo), the later is still the much bigger issue, juct bc it happens so more often. So instead of nerfing stbfl+coup for some dubious, rare reason, gen regression stacking should be addressed first.

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478

Pain Res and Pop are very strong but they have to be cause at high levels chase times are not balanced against gen speeds.

STBFL is strong at 7-8 stacks but unless the killer has a secondary power your not keeping your stacks easily and is very hit and miss.

Nowhere to hide and ultimate weapon are very strong but I wouldn’t use them in every build

The perk that I’ve started to use on almost every killer on every build is discordance, incredibly useful though not op.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,901
    edited September 2023

I feel a better change is give it a maximum of 2 stacks at any one time. Basically make it a "use it or lose it" perk, instead of one you can just hold indefinitely for when you need it.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 651
    edited September 2023

Amanda, she's to overpowered, it's time to nerf her with Billy and Trapper