The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ultimate Weapon is not OP.

13»

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898
    edited October 2023

I heavily criticise both perks as they have the same problem. They both are 2 perks in 1, and they widen the gulf between the strongest and weakest killers

MFT hurts the weak killers way more than the strong killers.

UW buffs the strong killers way more than the weak killers.

I'd be happy to see both perks heavily gutted.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

Its not OP. I just watched Otz get a 2k with his favorite killer against potato salad style players using it.

Not that Otz doing anything means a lot to me, but it seems to mean something to the community.

It does nothing against a focused SWF, you're better off with a regression load out.

Which when I'm on the opposing side I don't want to see, I'll take ultimate weapon over full regression.

I understand that people just don't like the perk interrupting their planned actions mid match, but ask yourself if you could change something you're doing to play around ultimate weapon.

And I don't understand why things always degrade into a this for that fight. Ultimate weapon and made for this aren't related. They couldn't be more different in how the influence the games.

Maybe the perk is an issue on killers with high open map mobility. Maybe those killers are always issues when new perks drop.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,659

I seem to recall an incredible amount of uproar over 'killing play styles' and 'reducing player options' very recently.

Stealth is a required game mechanic in some situations. You aren't going to try and 'loop your way out of it' when the killer is slugging for the 4k, or proxy camping a hook, or even when you're on death hook before gates are powered. You're going to get as far as you can without being detected at all, ideally until you either get hatch or the save, or to escape, in those cases.

And this isn't a perk you can just play around mid game. There's no 'base kit' solution here at all, not even jumping in a locker, which was the counter play to BBQ back in the day. You have to bring a perk, there's no other choice, and it's essentially a killer perk that debuffs you on top of all that.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645

People are over exaggerating about UW. Killers could literally equip add ons every match to let them see your auras at all times…

UW is not really different than Nowhere to Hide. You’re forced to run away from where you screamed instead of away from the gen the killer kicked. That’s it. Blindness sucks though.

It’s only “bad” on high mobility killers. Since you might not get enough distance from where you screamed. However, with MFT that shouldn’t be a problem. As everyone who becomes injured also becomes faster. Like, if you’re running that perk something is wrong with you.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 645
    edited October 2023

UW hard counters MFT believe it or not. Survivors are now typically faster than some killers. Due to that survivors don’t get the benefit of hiding as long as we want anymore.

If survivors are blind they can’t be as altruistic as fast either. MFT and Bond lets you zip right to people.

MFT, Bond, Resilience, and Desperate Measures is a solid build that lets you run killers better, and heal/unhook faster while injured.

If you want to counter UW blindness run can literally Inner Focus over Bond. You see if they’re going to dedicate to a chase or not.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

UW is not a problem if low tier Killers use it. If Trapper see your bubble at 32m, he needs ~7.5sec to be right on your spot. Wesker/Blight/Nurse only need ~3-4sec. Same to Nowhere to Hide, Blight/Wesker can make that 5sec aura map wide, not so much with Trapper.

Killers' info perk really need a general rework that low tier Killers should get benefit more than Blight/Wesker.

Beside, the blindness effect that people claim "weak" deny over 20 survivors' perks. I would like a perk that make Killers blind for 30sec after hooking a survivor to let them know how annoying blindness is.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,399

I played 8 games today and every single one of those killers was running it. It didn't bother me as I had Calm Spirit, but the ones who realised i had CS would get so mad and give me some good whacks on hook 😅

• shiiroo
    shiiroo Member Posts: 21

yea...definitely skill issue on my part going into 2nd stage because my team can't find me. Perk does too much, calm spirit doesn't counter the blindness effect which is an absolute pain on some maps.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited January 16

Best counter would be all survivors play the same character and outfits. But that's just in general anyway. Harder to tunnel.

I don't think it's worth running Calm Spirit, i see UW in like 10% of my games. And if the team is efficient with gens, there's no big difference if the killer has UW or not. Tho i think UW might be the best information perk at this point, tunneling or not. And it's also good for killers who don't use UW, having some survs wasting a perk slot.

So is it strong in general? - Yes.

Is it OP on a good Nurse / Blight with thousands of hs and a meta build vs. a solo team? - Welp, hell yeah!

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

I forgot about this thread lol. I just use calm spirit and it counters it np.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Just started running it on Oni and its super useful. Wouldn't say its OP as you still have to go to the survivor and be able to catch them. Its difficult to counter as you can use it at anytime, opposed to being able to locker hide for BBQ just before hooks. I never faced Ultimate weapon when playing as survivor, so its obviously not heavilly picked.

• Dionysusdog
    Dionysusdog Member Posts: 154

It isn't all that OP. It reveals survivors but at a distance of 32 meters. Unlike aura reads it give a 32 meter warning. Calm spirit counters it and I don't like running killer perks that warn survivors I'm coming. Want a OP perk? Spies from the shadows. Destroys teams on Oni. But nobody complains because they don't see it working. Invisible value while ultimate weapon you see working.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,850

Ultimate weapon is over tuned. It will rightfully be nerfed in the near future. I just hope they don't completely kill the perk in the process.

• Grimmm
    Grimmm Member Posts: 38

Its not op in the slighest dude. you can negate it easliy and it shows there general area, if your super far away and are still in that general area and get downed thats a you problem. not a perk problem.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 555

And even? They want to nerf the adrenaline because the killers don't know how to defend generators even with a lot of anti gen perks, then the perk doesn't have to be nerfed, but you have to learn how to play, it's the same thing you're saying

• Grimmm
    Grimmm Member Posts: 38

The Adreneline nerf has nothing to do with defending generators, you need to learn how to read dude, the change had nothing to do with that, the thing they nerfed was it not activating after being unhooked, so you cant get a adren proc 3 mins after everyone else got it, I see nothing wrong with that. but sure lets go with me not knowing how to play because a survivor is getting a full heal + spring burst right off unhook.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,849
    edited April 1

I don't care if the killer knows where I am, what I do care about is them getting free info on the entire team with no pre-requirement beyond opening a locker (ironic you would mention skill). Then to add insult to this it has a very short cooldown at present and by far the most irritating thing is the blindness - all because a killer carried out the highly skilled act of opening a locker!

I don't mind blindness with say Hex: Third Seal because it is a hex and comes with inherent risk. But blindness from opening a locker? Come on… seriously.

I cant wait for this perk to be nerfed, it is incredibly irritating and rewards killers for doing literally nothing. I don't want to run Calm Spirit ever and certainly not so killers can have a zero skill incredibly irritating perk.

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 555

If I need to learn to read, you need to learn to stop being rude, okay, the adrenaline nerf won't end it, although I don't like the idea of ​​the nerf not activating when it's on the hook because that will hurt solo playersQ, ,SWF will notify the right time to finish the last generator to activate the adrenaline, the solo player will be put on the hook and no one knows if he has adrenaline and they will finish the last generator, that's why I'm against this part of the nerf, about the 3 seconds I don't argue, it was a change that needed to be made, and I think that Hope would also need to have some nerf since it is a perk that remained active in the end game

About the "Ultimate Weapon" I didn't like the PTB nerf, now it forces the surv to use distortion and it's strong on the Nurses, which in my opinion is the killer that least needs new resources