Bring back the Prestige levels in Lobbys

Options

Its pretty annoying when i get destroyed by a group with 2 or sometimes 3 P100 or almost P100 Players. I want to see what opponents i have before i get in the game so i can decide, if i dodge the lobby or i try it.

Comments

• Hex_Ecution
    Hex_Ecution Member Posts: 9
    edited September 2023
    Options

i dont understand whats the problem with it... Why i shouldnt be able to choose if i go against a p100 lobby? of course they dont play different with another character, but i simply want the freedom to say i dont want to play against a 100 lobby... especially with the matchmaking

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 412
    Options

Then show killer prestige in lobby as well. I'm tired of playing against P100 huntresses who hit every snipe from across the map and P100 blights who do the craziest turns when I'm just an average player and the teammates I get are average, too. I also want the luxury of lobby shopping.

• Hex_Ecution
    Options

you guys dont get my point.... and obviously you think i dodge every lobby i come across... lets get this clear. i dont mean lobbys where one p100 and for example 2 p10 and a p50 come across.... i mean full/almost full 100 squads. why i have to play a game when i know at the start its not possible for me to get anything. i want to play casual and not hypercompetitive. Most of the matches with such squads are absolute sweatty and unfunny and mostly some bullysquads.

i dont see any problem when survs seeing my prestige or lets think a little bit further: my steamname. the only thing i dont want you to know is what killer i play. in a game like this i need that little bit advantage.

i totally understand your POV, but please understand mine too.

I currently dodging more lobbys than before bc now i look more afer other things like the amount of flashlights or toolboxes, are the names relatively similar or if there are more than two same characters. masked megheads, legacy skins ect.

so imo this change makes it worse than better. the point with survs seeing the killer prestige and name is a much better idea.

• Hex_Ecution
    Options

wow.... they testing it because i dodge two lobbys in a week.... yep.... seems legit. please come with something usefull or say nothing. thats not helpfull. THX

• Zenislev
    Zenislev Member Posts: 152
    edited September 2023
    Options

There was another thread about this and I spent a good while arguing against not being able to see levels in the lobby for pretty much the same reason. Since this change rolled out I've been having miserable game after miserable game against teams of people who obviously outmatch me.

You're not going to get anywhere with these people. They want to have easy games against killers rather than have to deal with the kind of players who'd look at a team of p100s and think "Yeah, I can handle this" and because the devs are so dead set on treating survivors with the world's biggest kid gloves, that's exactly what they're going to get.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,466
    edited September 2023
    Options

Why do you guys act like killers are the only ones getting outmatched by matchmaking? Do survivors get to skip a sweatlord P100 Blight if they choose to? No. You aren't entitled to do so either.

Your thought process is so "me, me, me" and you would blame anything for your loss except for yourselves. Even a meaningless number next to survivor's name. Those people won't magically perform any different if they choose to play on their low prestige characters just for you to not feel emotional about the match.

This is good for the overall health of the game and if you claim otherwise you're just saying so because it doesn't benefit you personally and you got too comfortable skipping every other lobby and you don't care about others.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 509
    Options

I frankly think the whoke thing is pretty pointless. It won't fix lobby shopping, all it will do is change how people lobby shop even if it is just an optional thing.

If all prestige are hidden, then Killers will dodge based on skins and items more than now. This would prompt more people to switch to their preffered skins/items last seconds, making Killers bitter and lose interest in the game (increasing DC chance and probability of scummy playstyle).

If hiding prestige is an option, Killers will dodge more against those with hidden prestige.

In my opinion whether this changes goes through or not, all it will do is make lobby shopping different, it won't fix anything other than preventing people from showing off a bit before the game.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,466
    Options

Well it's eliminating one of the most common reasons people dodge so that's a start.

Also dodging others based on outfits is a thing? We need a documentary about those people.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 509
    Options

You'd be surprised, a team with similar cosmetics or just using a cosmetic popular content creators are known to use is enough.

Literally had to change character because Killers apparently didn't want to go against a Resident Evil team (we weren't even a 4-man! The other two just decided that they wanted to follow me and my friend by switching to RE characters...) and we got dodged 3 times.

Also the Killers can literally go into profiles to see playtime anyway.

I didn't say it didn't remove one way, just that it'll just change how and why they dodge.

• Zenislev
    Zenislev Member Posts: 152
    Options

At no point have I said or indicated that I'm against survivors being able to see the killer's level. If survivors want to duck out of a game against a p100 killer then they should be able to do that too.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

If you get annoyed when you get destroyed by 3 P100's I bet it's going to be more annoying for you when you get destroyed as well by 3 P5's. The problem is not the prestige there mate. The new update is perfect as it is.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,284
    edited September 2023
    Options

When I can see what killer and his/her prestige is so I can "lobby-shop" as a survivor? Sure. I absolutely want to know if I am going against a killer that gives me extreme sensory overload as an autistic (there is actually only one.) I will then lobby dodge and let the survivors get a teammate that will actually be useful.

The fact is, prestige means next to nothing in the grand scheme, it's just bragging rights. I have a P60 Jill Valentine but what does that really mean? Oh, I'll just play Renato, he's only P1 (just an example.) Am I suddenly a noob? No, because I am still the player with a P60 Jill Valentine.

In fact, one of my friends is a Nea main, but since she got P100 Nea, she's been playing Yui because she's a streamer and with everyone dodging her Nea, she's been hiding on Yui so she doesn't spend 20 minutes in a queue waiting for a killer to not dodge her.

• Hex_Ecution
    Options

when you read my other comments, you see that you are running down open doors (as we say in germany). show the survivor side everything what a killer can see (except what killer they go against) and i am happy. and i think everybody else too... As i said the only thing that should left hidden is the killer. In a game like DBD its necessery to have that little bit of advantage. and please dont come with TCM lobby. Its 3 vs 4 so its almost equal teams...

• Hex_Ecution
    Options

i think that your are here a little bit selfish. none of the killer side is saying anything against the idea, that survs see also prestige of the killer.

You simply WONT understand the killer side even with some suggestions and that is more "me, me, me" than everything i read here from the killer side....

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Am I finally senile? I think I see prestige levels in lobbies.

Either way, a P100 has played quite a bit, but that doesn't mean they're super-good, or that they're going to mess over their team, often they're super-bold so they just die first.

I have more than 125 prestige levels scattered around, I'm pretty good, but none of you should be dodging me. I like unlocking perks, so I end up prestiging killers I don't even play. Most my levels are because of the millions I pumped into the bloodwebs just unlocking perks in the old system. Now I'm prestige 8 and 10 even on Nurse and Huntress, who I never play and really suck with.

Now any character you like playing will have a growing prestige because players have to buy webs for fresh addons. That's me with Bubba. I main Dredge now, but I like certain addons with Bubba that keep his P going up for just that reason. I'm not going to get way better with him, I played him for years and now I'm all about the Dredge. The number will go up, though.

You can get a whole lot of points in this game without winning, even without almost winning. Playing against differing levels of player is a good thing. If the MMR sticks you there, maybe it's right. If it's wrong, blame it. You got points and maybe learned something new.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

So show them everything but what actually matters? I mean... what does prestige actually tell you? So I am I a Pig main. I have a P60 or so Pig lets say, so if I am running Myers... Hmm P1. Okay, so wht do you actually know? Nothing. You don't now the experience I have with Pig. You don't know that maybe I am cracked with Myers, just never spent points on him because I am so good I don't need to. Unless you know which killer it is, which absolutely should not happen, and I say that even as someone who fully admits I'd lobby dodge Doctors because he makes my physically ill to go against (those who are autistic understand.)

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    Options

It's still in testing, so not everyone has it turned off for them.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Because the player they will get after you as backfill will be worse either way. Either they will get stomped or the killer will get stomped. You are making it effectively worse than it already is.

And like @Venusa said, the same group would take you apart if they were playing with their P3-9s. The only thing that would be different would be that you don't feel as bad.

This is why I could not play with my P100 Jeff for the last 6 months. I got dodged for no reason, tunneled or camped. Just because I played with a character I like.

Please understand that those numbers are just numbers and neither a good indicator for playtime nor skill. They just show you what character the player likes and how efficient they are at grinding.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

They will not show the type of killer ever, because then certain killers will always be dodged.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

no because then backfill puts other killers that shouldn't be in that lobby in that lobby. You dodging breaks matchmaking. Prestige levels don't mean anything. Quit making the game worse for everyone else.

at this point im so fed up with lobby dodgers that i think they need they're own timeout like dcing does.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

It will be the exact same as before the prestige change over a year ago. Nothing new. Ranks/Grades were also invisible until after the match back then, so why make all the fuss now?

Btw: back then a bug existed that made Grades visible like with Prestige now. They were not used for MM either. Guess what happened....

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 208
    Options

>i dont understand

Yeah, we got that

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,891
    Options

Im against this for the simple reason that people used it to demean and trashtalk others.

• LapisInfernalis
    Options

A friend of mine has 3k hrs and her highest prestige is 16, because she always P9s all survivors when they come out (she does not really play killer).

She is a decent player but nobody would expect that as she has quite low prestige and only basic cosmetics.

I am the complete opposite to that: fancy stuff, a P100 Jeff, a P66 Wesker and a P32 Chris with most other newer characters at P3.