If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The Clown Builds

Options
Nidak82
Nidak82 Member Posts: 12

I want to main The Clown for a bit because I think he has a lot of potential if you learn the ropes. I just came across a build that actually was very powerful and wanted to see what your opinions are on it and if you have other strong build ideas with this killer. the build was: Huntress Lullaby, Overcharge, Pop Goes The Weasel, and BBQ & Chili. Personally once I got 5 stacks not a single generator was left with progress, so I definitely would run this again! Thoughts?

Comments

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    I can’t say too much since I’m still waiting for the update on _peasant console_ but I can see how well this would work in the game. Most don’t worry about Huntress lullaby like they do ruin, making skill checks even harder, add overcharge and you get a near impossible skill check, and Pop goes the weasel to kill any gen that saw any hit of progress. Can’t wait to try this build out
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

My though is that in any decent round, Lullaby will be useless and won't reach any decent level of utility before getting destroyed. Overcharge is also consistently hit at high ranks. Pop the weasel isn't bad on any killer, but is better on roaming killers, which clown isn't that much since he doesn't have that much mobility. Still a decent perk. Same for BBQ & Chili, it's nice for the BP output, but not quite useful for the aura reading, especially since survs can hide behind gens now, and as stated above, you're not a roaming killer that much.

I'd personally use :
    Ruin
    Brutal Strength (because tons of people early pallet drop)
    Enduring (For more pallet play, and to eventually use it to reduce the impact of DS, paired with a bottle at your feet before grabbing a surv, even tho it's not that solid and efficient)
    NOED

Basically, perks to make his chasing even more effective with NOED to punish gen rushers that just want to get out before clearing the dulls.

• Nidak82
    Options

@Runiver said:
    My though is that in any decent round, Lullaby will be useless and won't reach any decent level of utility before getting destroyed. Overcharge is also consistently hit at high ranks. Pop the weasel isn't bad on any killer, but is better on roaming killers, which clown isn't that much since he doesn't have that much mobility. Still a decent perk. Same for BBQ & Chili, it's nice for the BP output, but not quite useful for the aura reading, especially since survs can hide behind gens now, and as stated above, you're not a roaming killer that much.

I'd personally use :
    Ruin
    Brutal Strength (because tons of people early pallet drop)
    Enduring (For more pallet play, and to eventually use it to reduce the impact of DS, paired with a bottle at your feet before grabbing a surv, even tho it's not that solid and efficient)
    NOED

Basically, perks to make his chasing even more effective with NOED to punish gen rushers that just want to get out before clearing the dulls.

I use Overcharge and Pop goes the weasel because I roam alot, I don't camp until the exit gates are powered, so I guess the perks are better depending on play style. Nice build u got there!

• LittleWolf
    LittleWolf Member Posts: 6
    Options

Good build but I don't find Huntress Lullaby to last long at all. If they ever made it so you can't tell huntress lullaby is there then I could see it having value.

• Nidak82
    Options

Agreed. Maybe I will strart a new discussion on hex reworks lol

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

As stated, i wouldn't rely on Hex Lullaby and Overcharge. The higher you rank, the more survivors will still hit them. Ruin also drops off hard against problematic survivors, where you actually need it. If you can, play without ruin and then you have less RNG in your games. I found Pop goes the weasel pretty decent. Not as impactful, but a reliable alternative to ruin and much better than thana.
    My current clown build is for cutting chases: BBQ, Enduring, Brutal Strength and last one is either Bamboozle, Pop goes the Weasel or Nurses Calling. He can cut loops pretty well and for safe pallets, brutal strength and a bottle will make you catch up fast.