The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is Borrowed Time Broken or was there an intended change I'm simply unaware of?

Stevo
Stevo Member Posts: 121

So I was playing with a friend last night, running my usual build for BP (Self Care, WGLF, BT and WMI) and during these games I played my friend got killed because of either a bug or something I'm not aware was changed. In any of the recent patches, was Borrowed Time changed to be completely negated by instadowns? This happened on two occasions and both were against Leatherface (chance it could be just him, haven't had people to test with for other killers since it happened). It had never been like that, so I'm wondering is this a bug or a change I wasn't aware of?

Comments

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    If you rescued your friend within the terror radius and still got downed probably it's because got hit twice with the chainsaw.
  • Stevo
    edited December 2018

@Vietfox said:
    If you rescued your friend within the terror radius and still got downed probably it's because got hit twice with the chainsaw.

Yes, I'm aware of that. That's what should have happened. If I'm not mistaken though, isn't it true that you can't get downed immediately from being unhooked? The perk never activated on either occasion (no timer after being hit the first time), which would make me think that yes, the thing I previously mentioned has worked as intended. After getting hit the second time however, which was only seconds later, the perk simply didn't activate.

I should also mention that in one scenario the gates were powered and the other there was still one gen needed.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Honestly i got no clue and can't test it because of holidays. Maybe another one can clarify the situation.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Borrowed Time has failed to activate within the killer's TR a couple times since the latest patch.
  • altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Borrowed Time is broken.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@brokedownpalace said:
    Borrowed Time has failed to activate within the killer's TR a couple times since the latest patch.

This

It is very unreliable, sometimes it gets activated and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I got rescued by a borrowed time user and immediately went down against a camper trapper, he was really close.

I stopped using borrowed time for now.

• Stevo

@brokedownpalace said:

Good to know. At least I can now for the most part confirm that this is a bug. I can only assume that it has already been reported if people already know about this being a thing.

• Stevo
    edited December 2018

@Delfador said:

@brokedownpalace said:

This

It is very unreliable, sometimes it gets activated and sometimes it doesn't work at all. I got rescued by a borrowed time user and immediately went down against a camper trapper, he was really close.

I stopped using borrowed time for now.

So basically the perk is busted and works random% of the time now? Seems like not a half bad excuse to substitute Adrenaline in for it for now at least. At least from what you've said it confirms that it doesn't matter what killer you're against. It can happen any time.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Most likely bugged as the other people here said, but out of curiosity, was the Leatherface running Insidious?
  • Arik13
    Arik13 Member Posts: 67

yeap it is bugged, can confirm

• Stevo

@TAG said:
    Most likely bugged as the other people here said, but out of curiosity, was the Leatherface running Insidious?

Yes in one of the two instances and we were aware that he had it, but at the time of the unhook he was not standing still, nor was he doing so immediately beforehand either, so insidious couldn't have activated.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Stevo said:
    So I was playing with a friend last night, running my usual build for BP (Self Care, WGLF, BT and WMI) and during these games I played my friend got killed because of either a bug or something I'm not aware was changed. In any of the recent patches, was Borrowed Time changed to be completely negated by instadowns? This happened on two occasions and both were against Leatherface (chance it could be just him, haven't had people to test with for other killers since it happened). It had never been like that, so I'm wondering is this a bug or a change I wasn't aware of?

Borrowed time saves you only from the first hit, if you get hit again then you are down.
    My guess is that your friend got hit twice by bubbas chainsaw

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited December 2018

I heard rumours that if BT user gets hit, it'll immediately end the Endurance timer for the hooked survivor.

• Stevo

@Master said:

@Stevo said:

Borrowed time saves you only from the first hit, if you get hit again then you are down.

Yes, I've already mentioned that they got hit twice. I have also mentioned how, if I'm not mistaken, there should be a buffer period where you can't get hit during an unhook? Am I not right in saying that? If I am, my friend should have been able to take 3 hits and not 2.

@Mc_Harty said:
    I heard rumours that if BT user gets hit, it'll immediately end the Endurance timer for the hooked survivor.

That would make sense actually as that did happen on both occasions, so it could well be that too.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Stevo said:

@Master said:

@Stevo said:

Yes, I've already mentioned that they got hit twice. I have also mentioned how, if I'm not mistaken, there should be a buffer period where you can't get hit during an unhook? Am I not right in saying that? If I am, my friend should have been able to take 3 hits and not 2.

@Mc_Harty said:

That would make sense actually as that did happen on both occasions, so it could well be that too.

Sometimes I can just shake my head.

We are currently talking about 3 or 2 magical shields that safe you from hits...... thats how far we have come

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343

The devs are not capable of controlling or fixing every error. Its like a string of lights one goes out they are go out. Or if one goes out half of them don't work. They are a hit or miss. Hopefully when the dedicated servers come about, the devs have a little more time on their hands to test everything out. Instead of just patching one thing and calling it a day.