Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Random FPS drops making the game unplayable on PC/Steam

SonicOffline
SonicOffline Member Posts: 918
edited September 2023 in Bug Reporting

This only happens on Dead by Daylight, confirmed by swapping between several titles, including VR titles like VRChat and Phasmophobia, as well as other titles like Overwatch, Risk of Rain 2, Gunfire Reborn, and even Hitman 3 (with all of the everything installed) and all games running max graphics.

DBD is randomly dropping my FPS to unplayable speeds. Like, from 120 FPS to like, 8, then back up. It's like, 80% random, in the sense I can kind of gauge when it will happen. It's been happening since the midpatch of The Singularity, and it has been getting worse. and worse. It has survived a game installation, including me going into %appdata% and deleting everything related to Behavior/Dead by Daylight and letting the game or Steam regenerate it's own folders.

I don't know what's going on, and it's getting to the point I am more frustrated than anything, which is a real mood killer for the game. 

Windows 11, Ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb RAM @3200, RTX 3070 Ti.

I accidentally deleted the VOD I linked to, somehow, I guess. So I cleared that part out of the original post.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
1 votes

Declined · Last Updated

This looks like a technical issue, if you still require assistance please ask other forum users in the Ask the Community sub section as we do not offer technical support on this forum. https://www.bhvr.com/contact-us-2/

This discussion has been closed.