Skull Merchant Achievement

Wasn’t sure where to post about this but do we think they’ll change the achievement to be in line with the update? Seems it’ll be no longer obtainable when the rework goes through

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,079

Usually when Achievements are not obtainable anymore, they will be changed. The only problem are achievements which are still obtainable because they cannot be changed on Console that easily.

• SleepyLunatic
    SleepyLunatic Member Posts: 408

Tbh i am 100% BHVR didnt even try.

Ps4 and Ps5 got different trophy counts because its a different version and they still didnt birher changing trophys like the huntress one to match the pc archievments.

Other games on console did it when they released a ps5 version so lets not always blame sony.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I'll 100% blame sony. because it's on them. the ps5 version is a "new game", so it came with the corrected achievements.

• SleepyLunatic

It did not came with the corrected archivments.

What exactly you want to blame Sony there?

Because the devs of other games changed their trophys but BHVR did not?

• Alice_pbg

afaik, sony only allows achievements to change when they become impossible to be done. at least on ps4

• SleepyLunatic

It is possible to change it even then, it just takes alot of erfort.

But thats not my point there.

When the PS5 version of DBD released, they could have easily changed the trophys to match the PC version (Huntress trophy for example) but they did not bother changing it even tho sony wouldnt have said anything at all because it counts as a completly new game, hence the different trophy pool.

i got the platinum in Dead by Daylight twice because of that.

• SleepyLunatic

@Alice_pbg Also i am not a sony defender, they do alot of ######### things but its still not fair to ALWAYS blame then.

Take crossprogression for example, litterally everyone in this is blaming Sony for that even tho no one ever said the true reason we still dont have it.

But if its a primary Sony issue, then why do other games on Playstation have full Crossprogression and Crossplay compatibility? (final fantasy online for example)

You cant tell me they allow it for so many games but not for Dead by Daylight for some reason.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Final Fantasy is a flagship Sony title in conjunction with Square Enix who they've had a decades long working relationship with and is a proper MMORPG title.

Fortnite shipped out of the box with crossplay and progression built in due to Epic leveraging their own networking protocols and paying a very high fee most likely.

Warframe has been on Playstation since the launch of PS4, but only just got cross progression basically in the last year or this year.

Sony is known to have antagonistic relationships with their close market competitors such as Microsoft and Nintendo as well the PC gaming space which they've only in the last few years started to cater towards.

Nintendo to this day does not really care for or view interconnected online ecosystems as a priority investment and actively views the PC gaming space a net negative influence to the point they actively fight against emulation of their titles to the point of creating lost media.

Microsoft probably has the highest adoption rate of crossplay and cross progression schemes due to its position as industry leader in the PC operating system space and viewing cloud gaming as a major priority investment.

DBD's a massive game with decent reach, but it is also beholden to the whims of platform owners and while they've stated in the past they were working to bring cross progression to the game they have also stated that whatever is holding them up isn't within their control. The exact specifics are unknown, but if someone was going to hold it up the likely culprits are either Sony or Nintendo.

• Alice_pbg

is it possible? how do you know? cause looking into it, it doesn't seem like so.

how do you know sony wouldn't have said anything? how do you know that sony didn't specifically tell them that the ps4 and ps5 versions had to be the same to allow for a ps4 player to upgrade to ps5 and keep their stuff? or some other #########? I certainly don't.

all I know is that they changed the achievement everywhere they could, so if they didn't change it here something must have stopped them. and what else but sony?

I don't always blame them. but on this I do. until I get proof it's not on them.

crossprogression is likely a bit on sony,microsoft,nintendo...bhvr... but tangent do be tangent.

idk... maybe because that game was made with crossprogression in mind. so whatever it needed, it was built and/or negotiated with it. assuming it was a planned thing, idk, I don't play online rpgs...

I can say something is stoping dbd from getting it. even if I do not know what it is. but would you be surprised if sony had a hand in it?