Adept Spirit (Stark Raving Rant Post)

Ok, I've calmed down now....................... No, I haven't.

Last night, I played Spirit for a while. I know what you're thinking - but with the sound bugs, the graphic bugs, the scratchmark bugs, the bugs' bugs and the bugged bugs, I still tried to enjoy a Killer I enjoy because I'm a lunatic.

Anyway, this isn't about that. This is about her Adept Achievement, whose wording is simply "achieve a merciless victory using only her 3 unique perks". Because I miraculously actually got a Merciless under those conditions last night and no achievement! So. Much. Fun.!!!!!!!!

Just as a sidenote - did you notice that we've had an overflowing influx of SWEATIEST DEPIP SQUAD-WANNABE SWF GEN RUSHING IMMERSED LITTLE @$%Q#!^#@^ right during the Double Bloodpoint event? Yeah, this is so much fun without Ruin! I love having all four people escape me because even if I had nuclear missiles shooting out of my fingertips on command I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the gens getting popped in 2 minutes- OH AND MY FAVORITE THIS WEEK! THE KEYS! ALL THE MOTHER#@$@ING KEYS! EVERY SWF NOW BRINGS ITS OWN KEY!
They 3-genned themselves? No problem! Key! Game not going in their favor? Key! There's a Killer in this game!? KEEEEEEY!

*Deep Breathes*

....Anyway, I got a Merciless Vic - somehow. No achievement, though.
Yes, I used only her 3 Perks - Useless Garbage, Pointless On Its Own and Hex: Hope These Don't Spawn In Actual Safe Places They Never Would If They Were Ruin!

I need a cigarette.
Make it five.

Comments

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

That sucks... I get immersed survivors being annoying as #########.
    But I really have to say, gen rush is not a thing. Bad map pressure is though, and if you use Ruin, you are relying on a perk to set out that pressure for you. Which in the end makes you too used to it, and unable to play without.

Also depipping and gen rushing? How does that work lol

• MysterTal
    MysterTal Member Posts: 157

@Chi said:
    But I really have to say, gen rush is not a thing. Bad map pressure is though, and if you use Ruin, you are relying on a perk to set out that pressure for you. Which in the end makes you too used to it, and unable to play without.

You're right, I'm not the best Killer. But you know what? I have been playing this game and watching it being played by others long enough (again, I'm not the most veteran in this game - I joined in late 2016, during a free weekend right around the time the Hag was the newest, freshest Killer).

And what I have learned during that time is that gen rush is a very real thing.
    Gen rush isn't just Survivors doing gens, it's not just a Survivor who isn't out there spinning in circles and trying to get the Killer's attention. - it's Survivors making the active decision to prioritize gens over everything else.

The Depip Squad was marth88's experiment, which you watch in this link in case you're unfamiliar with it. It's a bit outdated in terms of how much the game changed since then, but the core gameplay remained the same.

What I can tell you from my experience is that as a Killer you cannot _"put pressure" on Survivors if they don't _willingly choose to acknowledge your "pressure".
    I've been in situations where I've had one person on the ground, one person on a hook, a third person and the last Survivorin a chase and gens still get done before anything else.

Survivors' ability to reverse whatever "pressure" you think you're putting on them is much more powerful than your ability to control them. They decide the pace of the match, not you - no matter how many hooks, slugs or chases you get into. If they're an efficient team, they will do gens over anything else.

I mean, people can't tell me gen rush doesn't exist when I routinely see injured Survivors committing to a gen in front of me. When I have two people hooked and the other two Survivors choose to do two gens before sending only one person to the rescue and having the other one get to a new gen and the unhooked immediately running to a different gen over healing.

Short of mystically teleporting to every Survivor and hitting them all simultaneously, there is nothing in your ability as the Killer to put pressure on the entire team - and an efficient team will always have as many people working on gens as possible.

You can kind of pressure solo squads, because without coordination they don't have the "Jim, I'll go for the save, you keep working on a gen. Also, I was working on a corner gen that was at about 60% in case you finish yours before I can get back to it". Solos have the "I wonder if anyone is saving that guy, I should leave my gen and go look" thing.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MysterTal said:
    Ok, I've calmed down now....................... No, I haven't.

Last night, I played Spirit for a while. I know what you're thinking - but with the sound bugs, the graphic bugs, the scratchmark bugs, the bugs' bugs and the bugged bugs, I still tried to enjoy a Killer I enjoy because I'm a lunatic.

Anyway, this isn't about that. This is about her Adept Achievement, whose wording is simply "achieve a merciless victory using only her 3 unique perks". Because I miraculously actually got a Merciless under those conditions last night and no achievement! So. Much. Fun.!!!!!!!!

Just as a sidenote - did you notice that we've had an overflowing influx of SWEATIEST DEPIP SQUAD-WANNABE SWF GEN RUSHING IMMERSED LITTLE @$%Q#!^#@^ right during the Double Bloodpoint event? Yeah, this is so much fun without Ruin! I love having all four people escape me because even if I had nuclear missiles shooting out of my fingertips on command I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the gens getting popped in 2 minutes- OH AND MY FAVORITE THIS WEEK! THE KEYS! ALL THE MOTHER#@$@ING KEYS! EVERY SWF NOW BRINGS ITS OWN KEY!
    They 3-genned themselves? No problem! Key! Game not going in their favor? Key! There's a Killer in this game!? KEEEEEEY!

*Deep Breathes*

....Anyway, I got a Merciless Vic - somehow. No achievement, though.
    Yes, I used only her 3 Perks - Useless Garbage, Pointless On Its Own and Hex: Hope These Don't Spawn In Actual Safe Places They Never Would If They Were Ruin!

I need a cigarette.
    Make it five.

Seriously, just derank.....

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    just derank... what an asinine solution. really? just derank so you can troll/harass/abuse the noobs. 

don't bother complaining about valid issues in the game or improve your skills... nope... just abuse the system to bully those weaker than you.

you make me sick. 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2018
    The achievement will pop only if nobody escapes. Merciless doesn’t matter anymore, the devs just need to update the descriptions. 

I think players are being sweatier because it’s an event and they enjoy screwing people out of BP. 

The amount of keys is just really stupid. They shouldn’t have increased the chances for them when they changed the boxes, but it’s what Survivors think is fun and the devs will do anything to keep them from complaining. 
  • Pavilions
    Pavilions Member Posts: 14

Please don't remind about how ######### up the spirit is. I really can't play with hearing anymore and I can't kill survivor friends anymore. it's really hard and I started to hate playing with her. I can't hear them when they are injured. The ruin is respawning 99%of the time near them. The animation is slow and the spirit feels slow. I really hate that and I can't play with her at all.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    I got the achievement when Spirit first came out. Legion on the other hand is a pain to get. You know what's worse though... adept nurse in console.... yeah I'm never getting that one or adept huntress 
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    I got the achievement when Spirit first came out. Legion on the other hand is a pain to get. You know what's worse though... adept nurse in console.... yeah I'm never getting that one or adept huntress 
    I didn’t play killer for the LONGEST time and I was at Rank 20 and I busted through all of the Adept trophies I didn’t have. I was Nurse on the Game map with awful survivors, the only reason I got it. Huntress however should be a whole lot easier, she is pretty easy on console. You could always play sweaty with an Iridescent Head.
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    MegMain98 said:
    I didn’t play killer for the LONGEST time and I was at Rank 20 and I busted through all of the Adept trophies I didn’t have. I was Nurse on the Game map with awful survivors, the only reason I got it. Huntress however should be a whole lot easier, she is pretty easy on console. You could always play sweaty with an Iridescent Head.
    I just have a ton of trouble with my huntress aim. I know it comes with practice but damn am I bad at her. I'm a Freddy main and I dont play many top tier killers. In fact Nurse, Hillbilly and Huntress are my only 3 killers who have not past level 30 yet. I find them so boring to play so I just got Hillbilly and Nurses teachables from the shrine since I cant bear having to play them. In fact the only huntress perk I have is huntress lullaby and that's from the shrine. I dont even want her teachables because they suck imo. Anyway rant over sorry lol
  • MysterTal

@SnakeSound222 said:
    The achievement will pop only if nobody escapes. Merciless doesn’t matter anymore, the devs just need to update the descriptions. 

Except I did kill them all, it was a Merciless as well - didn't get the achievement.
    I'm guessing it's because I used Addons and an Offering (Bloody Party Streamers) and whatever yahoo coded that achievement decided to make the "with nothing but her 3 Perks" part literal, applying not only to Perks but to Addons and Offerings as well.

That's the only explanation I can think of as to why I would be denied the achievement when I got a Merciless Killer event while killing all Survivors in the match.

@SnakeSound222 said:
    I think players are being sweatier because it’s an event and they enjoy screwing people out of BP. 

The amount of keys is just really stupid. They shouldn’t have increased the chances for them when they changed the boxes, but it’s what Survivors think is fun and the devs will do anything to keep them from complaining. 

I really don't understand that attitude that some people have.
    And about keys, honestly that item should not have existed in the first place. Survivors have too many second-chance tools and ways to completely turn the match around by lazily clicking a button already. They don't need a "end the match early and auto-win because item" ability as well.

@PhantomMask20763 said:
    I got the achievement when Spirit first came out. Legion on the other hand is a pain to get.

The funny thing is that I have Adept Legion.

You know what's worse though... adept nurse in console.... yeah I'm never getting that one or adept huntress 

I feel very bad for console Killers. I play on PC and I know that in the internet there's the whole "pc vs console" attitude, but console play is just so bad right now. Killer is simply not designed to be played with a controller, despite a few devs insisting otherwise (and you can see what happens when they play with non-devs and try that #########) and that's without adding the console framerate, lag and sensitivity issues on top of that, plus the way that controllers seem to give you about 90% less hit detection (I've seen some mind-blowing whiffs-that-should-have-hit on console play).

The fact that you can't turn your camera quick enough is crippling to the Nurse, while trying to hit a hatchet with a controller looks like an exercise in "how long can I keep this up before I ragequit life itself".

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Yeah you just need to kill them all. I think you still get it for disconnects, but not if only 3 load in. Add ons and offerings don't affect it. Not sure about moris.

I got my achievements by using add-ons and map offerings.

Its probably just bugged. I've had some not work before. Its just DBD being DBD.

Also yeah gen rush is a thing right now because of all the toys survivors are getting. The best toolboxes and BNP etc. Its rare to get a game that doesnt have at least 1 BNP or instaheal or purple key in it right now. Sure killers can get moris but heres the thing, survivors get points for using their toys, i.e. doing gens and staying in the game longer via instaheals. Killerd get less points by using moris over 3 hooking. Killers also cant pull out OP add-ons mid game like survivors can via chests.

So yeah its a bit survivor sided at the moment but oh well who can say they're surprised?
  • MysterTal

@The_Crusader said:
    Yeah you just need to kill them all. I think you still get it for disconnects, but not if only 3 load in. Add ons and offerings don't affect it. Not sure about moris.

I got my achievements by using add-ons and map offerings.

Its probably just bugged. I've had some not work before. Its just DBD being DBD.

Also yeah gen rush is a thing right now because of all the toys survivors are getting. The best toolboxes and BNP etc. Its rare to get a game that doesnt have at least 1 BNP or instaheal or purple key in it right now. Sure killers can get moris but heres the thing, survivors get points for using their toys, i.e. doing gens and staying in the game longer via instaheals. Killerd get less points by using moris over 3 hooking. Killers also cant pull out OP add-ons mid game like survivors can via chests.

So yeah its a bit survivor sided at the moment but oh well who can say they're surprised?

Thanks for that!
    And I do agree.

Just as a small update: I finally did get the Achievement today! I can't corroborate what you said about the Addons and Offering, because I didn't use either just to be on the safe side. If it's bugged, at least I can attest that I managed to get the Achievement by using no Addons or Offerings :|

Well, we've been in this movie before with the same sound bugs around the time patch 1.4 or 1.5 came out and introduced the horrendous occlusion (I remember when you basically couldn't hear a Survivor crying while standing injured because they were behind a box or something) and not too long ago another patch broke the sounds and took away footsteps.
    I'm sure these will also be declared low priority and get fixed in a month or two - sadly, I don't think keys and toolboxes are going away during our own lifetimes.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I got Adept Spirit a few weeks ago. It was in The Game, I brought in an ebony mori and purple add-ons. I got Brutal Killer at the end, yet the achievement popped up. All of them dead, three of them by my hand and the fourth one died on the floor (couldnt find him).