Do you guys plan your bloodwebs?

like, at all? or are you more of a "spam auto buy" kind of person?

I ask because, this became kind of a small rant, ever since taking a big break, I came back to the new prestige system. meaning, my previously "maxed out" survivors, are not maxed anymore. (they were lvl 40 to unlock the perks and I didn't really feel like playing them)

so it started my "long and arduous" jorney of getting every survivor to p3. so every perk is p3 on everyone. (after I done the same to the 5 or 6 killers left... finishing the fastest one first)

and one day when I was gonna play pig I realized, she didn't have spies from the shadows... I completely missed a generic perk on her.

so I went "damn, I must make sure I get those and max them out while p3ing everyone"

so I can't just focus on one survivor until p3 and move on, too many perks currently. so I decided on a system of getting everyone to p2 first, then p3.

but this also means I gotta pay attention to the bloodwebs, cause I can't miss out on generic perks, and gotta focus on getting the tier 3 versions that appear to reduce the perk pool and maximize the chances or the generics appearing.

that on top of me already being part of team "I'll do all I can so the entity eats most of each bloobweb". which I assume might go away after I get everyone to p3 and just wanna spend bp before a game... but probably won't. I know myself.

tl dr: do you guys put any consideration in your bloodwebs? or just "autobuy, please go faster"

Comments

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,294
    edited September 2023

I take the cheapest path manually to deplete as much of the bloodweb as possible and I don't trust the auto level button to do it. If I have a lot of BP saved up I'll auto buy but depends on mood and queue.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,960

Now that I have reached p100 I mostly go for the addons I don't have much jet. I need 1000 of both IRI addons.... For some reason.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,605

For me it's the cheapest path and some addons that I will never have enough of. I have more than 1.5k of both Engravings on my Billy but I still need more. I could run out of them after all (not really tho).

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502

Im constantly swimming in bloodpoints so I just autobuy

• If there are useless purple addons like for keys or White Wards I'll avoid them and hope the entity takes them.

On killer I'll try to collect all the good BP offerings and then auto-buy.

• Farya
    Farya Member Posts: 94
    edited September 2023

I go for p1 on every surv for a "basekit for everyone" and then I will max out (until there are no more perks in bloodweb) the 2-3 survs I wanna play. Same goes for killer.

If you have p1 on surv A, his Perks can still appear as rank II and rank III in the bloodweb of all other survs. So having p1 on everyone is making my "main Survs" getting their tier3 perks anyways.

Sorry, english is not my native language hope you understand my big masterplan :D

Other than perks I usually go for the addons I like to use, I am not switching addons on killers often. If I find a fun way to play, usually I stick to the same Addons for a long while. So I try to avoid the ones which I might never use.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 844
    edited September 2023

It depends. I'm careful if I'm trying to level a new character cheaply or on the lookout for specific perks, items or add-ons. But if it's a character I play a lot (like my Legion), then I already have 50-100 of my favourite add-ons already, so I might just hit the auto buy button and let it do its thing.

I only really put points into a character's blood web if I absolutely need to (like if I got a new perk in the shrine). I don't care about prestige level at all and usually only P1 to unlock perks to use with my mains. Nobody can see your prestige until endgame as Killer anyway and I probably wouldn't enjoy the tunnelling / added pressure of expectation that might come with being a high prestige Survivor.

I also tend to favour no item perk builds on my survivors. The amount of BP I'd have to spend to get the items I want, knowing I'm almost certain to lose them in the next trial anyway just isn't worth the cost imho.

• Annso_x
    Annso_x Member Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2023

When there's an event i take the event offerings before pressing the auto-bloodweb nod, but otherwise I'm quite lazy and just let randomness do its thing

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,709

Typically I'll keep an eye out for specific addons I want. Like reload or miss cooldown addons on deathslinger, or the Iridescent cloth on Twins. If I see it I'll grab it and then let autospend complete the rest of the bloodweb.

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

I grab anything i specifically want like Malthinkers' for Dredge or range addons for Pyramid Head, then autobuy the rest.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 536

1.) Go for BPS, Suvivor-Puddings and Escape Cakes

2.) Go for the Top Addons (currently Singularity - Soma Family Photo)

3.) Rest by autofill

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475
    edited September 2023

I buy anything I -really- want and then just press auto-buy.

Stuff I tend to go out of my way for are Cakes/Puddings, Bloody Party Streamers, Brand New Parts, Syringes, and map offerings for Midwich, The Game and Lery's. Also any particular killer addons I love.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I autobuy if there is nothing interesting. But if there is stuff I want I click them and then autobuy makes it so much easier to uprage your characters.

For the P3 part you don't need to do that to everyone to get all perks 2 prestiges is enough for most to have all perks. Most my characters are over P3 but some are still just P1 or P2 and have all perks.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

Autobuy is great but it often leaves precious items out. I always ensure the best path is done manually then I'll continue with the auto-option.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Auto buy tends to leave out good items/addons/offerings so I get what I need and let auto buy do the rest.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

I don't care too much as survivor, as I don't bring items to the trial very often. But as killer I'm really picky. I buy every Anxious Gasp I can with Nurse as it's my favourite add-on.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 924

I'll auto buy for BW lvl 1-40. After 40 I'll buy in a way too get the entity to eat up as many nodes as possible.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Eh after several years of playing DBD on and off I can't say I really care that much.

Usually I'm just choosing the cheapest stuff if there isn't something I specifically want.

I'll almost always nab a mori or good addon.

But I don't think I'll every use the roughly 100 scratched mirrors I have but I do love Jumpscare Myers so I'll definitely keep collecting them.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,577

I mean, since the prestige overhaul I only have the generic perks left to unlock, if I don’t have them all on all my characters already.

Now, I focus on getting new characters to P3. By then, I’d have to actively avoided perks to not have them all.

Perks come first, above all else. Then healing stuff and specific add-ons on killers, then BP offerings. Beyond that, when I feel like I play the minigame to have the Entoty consume as many nodes as possible. Usually it’s just the big red button in the middle, though.

• tigerlover412
    tigerlover412 Member Posts: 18

I see it as a game, trying to save as much as possible. For instance trying to force the entity to take as many nodes besides brown as possible, this usually allows me to get 1 prestige for a little less than 1 mil bloodpoints.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    edited September 2023

I know I don't need to p3 everyone... and that it's probably best not to p3 everyone... but it will just personally annoy me if some are and some aren't p3.

exactly! gotta feel that satisfaction when the web is mostly taken by the entity

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Unless im looking for something, 95% autobuy.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

After so many hours, sadly 95% of the things in the blood web are utter trash. Just add it to the long list of things that need to be addressed but won't be.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,037
    edited September 2023

You sound like me, Alice! I've been trying to get my characters to Prestige 3 (a few pushing to 6 for the cosmetics), and I know the feeling of missing a generic perk because I didn't notice it compared to another perk, or I am a potato, and just plain didn't see it until the Entity claimed it 😅

I do have a kind of priority list when it comes to the Bloodweb:

• Event Items (if applicable) get first priority
    • Bloody Party Streamers or Escape Cakes/Survivor Puddings
    • Perks that I feel I need for the character
    • General Perks
    • Unique Perks from other characters, not yet in inventory
    • Preferred add-ons, items, or offerings (from common to Ultra Rare)
    • Least expensive paths/nodes

And after that its usually "You know what? Dealer's Choice, my good mysterious being of Unfathomable Terror!" lol

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,732

i almost never autobuy after level 10. for survivors i get cakes/bps otherwise i go for full efficiency, but for killers i go for bps/puddings and good add ons, but situationally i might sacrifice good add ons if that would mean entity taking so many nodes at once.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,105
    edited September 2023

I will scan the webs for certain items/add-ons/offerings. If the add-ons aren't really big on that killer i'll just looked for BPS or cake/puddings. For example: For killer I will usually take, BPS/Puddings first, then add-ons i want, then auto-buy after. For survivors i look for BPS/Cake, Map offerings, sometimes add-ons, but usually just auto-buy after i get map offerings.

I do have everyone P3 on both sides so it makes it a little easier i guess.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Bloodwebs 1 to 9 and 11 I always auto spend since the entity doesn’t consume any nodes there. In every other level, I try to scan any specific nodes I will want. For survivor, I love using syringes and styptics so I always take those when I see them, but other than that, I try to let the entity consume multiple nodes at once. If I’m feeling lazy then I’ll just always auto buy lol.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,020

not even the slightest

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

1st priority is addons I like (Killer only)

Then 2nd priority is cakes, puddings and bps

rest is auto buy filler

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,620

I get the valuable items then auto-buy.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Well that's valid reason I had just obsession to have every perk on every character and achieved that while ago. Im fine some being just P1 but now that you mentioned it I might consider getting them to P2 as many of them are close to that...

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Depends if it's anniversary or not, if it's anniversary i plan routes for more cakes. Usually i just let it auto until addon's i want pop up like severed hands or haddie's calendar / microphone.