We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

MYM Community Vs DBD Community

Options
Dreamnomad
Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,621

They are both games made by the same company but the player communities couldn't be further apart. To put it into perspective, the feedback section of Meet Your Maker forums is more active than the general discussion section. And it is honest feedback hoping to improve the game. The MYM community is far more active on Reddit and Discord than the official forums but across all 3 platforms it is infinitely more positive than what you see here on the DBD forums. So why is that exactly?

My theory is that DBD is a game that fundamentally encourages toxicity. It's like the purpose of the game is to make one side feel bad. The survivors seem to want to make it a point if they escape to wait at the exit gate so the killer can see them run out. The killers seem to want to ruin the survivors fun by camping, tunneling, and slugging. It's like the negativity breeds negativity here. I also think the size of the player base makes a big difference. There is a lot more accountability with a smaller group.

Meet Your Maker has two sides too. Builders and raiders. If you want to be a builder then you pretty much have to be a raider too. That could be part of the reason there is less of an "Us vs Them" mentality. But since the content is player driven there really seems to be more respect for the effort put into both sides. Builders generally want to make things that are fun for raiders and raiders generally appreciate the effort that goes into building nice outposts.

As someone who plays both games it is really striking the difference between the players. I can't help but wonder if things could be different for DBD. After all, what is a survivor without a killer and what is a killer without survivors?

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,259
    Options

Played some MyM as it was free on PS4.

I like the Quake Style a lot but the longevity is a bit the problem as there is no story i think.

The building is fun but you have to grind for this yellow synthite you need to do it.