If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

New official stats

Options

Thoughts?

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

I've definitely noticed an increase in Kindred usage these days

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,261
    Options

Dead Hard is STILL in the top 10, and it might see increased use after the anti-camp update, because there will be less survivors being hit immediately after being unhooked.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Sure, but even with all those things combined (though I'm not sure I agree with all of them) it still pales in comparison to the actually strong Exhaustion perks.

I do think familiarity and habit has more to do with it than this list. Most of that is only on pretty high-skilled survivor's minds to begin with, and these are global numbers for all skill ranges and regions.

Still, ultimately just a minor surprise. Can't say I could complain about it having a 10% pickrate, I'm just a little taken aback by it.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

At least some of that probably has to do with MFT. If it eventually gets nerfed to a point where not as many people use it, some of them will probably go back to SB, which would mean DH’s usage rate will also go down.

• jesterkind
    Options

I've always been so curious how those players use SC in a way that makes it so valuable. I'll have to look into any recordings I can find online or something, it's fascinating.

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,261
    Options

I agree. I think most of it is because of MFT, which seems to be following the old dead hard trend, where it gets more and more overplayed as MMR goes up. I often to 2-3 MFTs per game.

I imagine that MFT is less popular in low MMR, because survivors need to know how to loop to get value out of it, and perks like Lithe are much easier for low MMR survivors to get value out of. This means that at higher MMR, the pickrate for MFT is probably way higher than 21%.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 936
    Options

Wraith is more popular then Wesker and Blight is only 10th 😕

also jolt most used killer perk is a bit sad I don't know

• sizzlingmario4
    Options

Jolt is a free slowdown perk that even new players have access to, I think that’s likely why.

I was a little surprised Wraith was above Wesker.

• Header
    Header Member Posts: 303
    Options

would be very interested in the stats for the top 5% or so

• WilliamSN
    WilliamSN Member Posts: 524
    Options

To be honest, It would be amazing to have a live data API we could use to narrow down statistics by region + MMR brackets.

I feel like alot of finer details get lost in the globalization.

For example, A fresh install player will only have access general perks and 4-5 characters, which means even if he wanted to use to perk X, hes forced to use perk Y because he doesn't even have access to perk X.

This in turn boosts the usage rate statistics for perk Y and can cause a mis-interpretation of perk Y's viability/effectiveness.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,204
    Options

Interesting that the killer perk list is nearly identical to before the 'big meta shakeup' in 6.1. There's probably been some shifting in percentages, but there's only one perk that wasn't on that list from back then (nowhere to hide).

Survivors have about 5 perks that weren't there before, since BT, DS, iron will, prove thyself, and circle of healing were all meta perks before that patch.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 866
    Options

Watch Korean streams on twitch.

@ Stats:

I'm a bit surprised Hope hasn't made it into the top 10 with the advent of MFT. MFT is definitely a problematic perk against M1 killers, but the combo with Hope is just completely busted.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,902
    Options

and of course self care is still there

• jesterkind
    Options

Does Twitch have a "sort by region" option? I don't actually use the platform very frequently, lol.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,611
    Options

MFT Meta - v exciting

We're literally in a MFT meta @_@....who could have guessed?!

I use Self-Care and do better than a lot of people, I assure you (SC/WoO/Overcome/BK).

• jesterkind
    Options

Sick, appreciate the head's up! I'll check that out later when I have some more spare time.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 866
    Options

Sure thing!

Another heads-up: twitch has disabled the VoD feature in Korea for one reason or another, so you will have to catch live streams unfortunately. Some of the Korean streamers upload recordings on youtube. Let me know if you will need any pointers.

• EmmaFrostyEyes
    EmmaFrostyEyes Member Posts: 685
    Options

I see pain res every game as survivor😭 as killer i see made for this the most

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,212
    Options

As a killer main I approve the usage of self care

• Kius
    Kius Member Posts: 140
    Options

First I'm glad bhvr finally is using last month stats and not very old stats. Very good. Keep doing this.

Second. Not surprised at all on the perks. Not surprised at all on why gen regression is still on the top despite the nerfs that made them really not great with exception of 2 and all of 3 need a survivor downed first on top of other factors.

Thrid. I'm not sure if I buy the fact that hope isnt there. Either overrall survivors know and accepted that killers need to tunnel in certain games to step up and they dont bother with it or the perk is probably 11-12 on the rank.

I played some games yesterday without tunneling.. in the games that I didnt tunnel I got punished for it. And the games that I did I could catch up and win.. the mysteries of dbd surely...

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

I am honestly so surprised STBFL isn’t higher. I see it almost every single game.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

Casual players not catching up to new metas and not caring about it. Same reason why BBQ is this high still.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 451
    edited October 2023
    Options

Few questions:

Whats up with lethal pursuer? Am i missing something? I never equipped it unless i go full aura build for the 2 extra seconds, i always found Darkness Revealed or Discordence work well enough finding survivors early.

Where are all the Wraiths? I live in the EU and don't see them that much, not nearly as much as Huntress or Legion, is that a thing outside of EU or am i just not getting matched with them?

Self care top 6?

I am just glad that people actually play who they like and not what people tell them or choosing by strength at this point. I love going against Ghostface personally so i'm glad he is so high.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,719
    Options

E forever!!!

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    edited October 2023
    Options

Simple: The Survivor that isn't healing you is now doing something else.

The other survivor doesn't take time finding you, or pathing to you. They can even be in chase, repairing a generator, or healing another survivor that doesn't have self-care.

That being said you probably want to bring a healing speed perk in tandem as it's unlikely that anytime you heal, the other survivor (that would have been healing you) brought Perks themselves that make up for the 13s of inefficiency incurred by the 35% healing speed. Or that they're actually doing something beneficial.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

Jolt doesn't really suprise me. It's free and works particularly well on M1 killers.

• sizzlingmario4
    Options

I’m kinda wondering how much low MMR/new players is contributing to Wraith being that high. He’s free and easy for new players to learn. I think in top 5% he probably wouldn’t be as high up.

I’m not surprised about Lethal though, I see that perk all the time.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

Proves the "It's Wesker every game" people wrong. So 5% that is like once every 20 games.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

Definitely higher than that in max MMR bracket, which typically is where people participating in DBD forums, social medias etc all are.

• sizzlingmario4
    Options

Probably because it’s really good on some killers (even a little too strong imo) but near useless on some others. Like, nobody runs STBFL on Huntress because she has no use for it.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Yup, as a survivor those are the perks I use and see others use in my matches :) Good stuff!

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,851
    Options

What interests me is the diversity of perks throughout the years varies largely between survivor and killer.

Of the survivor perks, only 1 is relatively recent (MFT). Then there's a long gap to Windows Of Opportunity, and the rest are basically either from DBD's first year, with maybe a couple from the second year.

The killer perks are more varied. There are a couple of early ones such as NOED and Sloppy Butcher, but the rest are spread throughout the ages, with the most recent (Nowhere To Hide) was just last year.

This may be because more players on the survivor side will be using the original perks than on the killer side, but it's still interesting as to how differing this is between the two roles.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,480
    Options
  • HugTechLover
    HugTechLover Member Posts: 2,482
    Options

Agreed. HIGHLLLYYY doubt that second part. A lot of the people on here post things that reek of low skill / low game knowledge.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,451
    Options

I play high MMR and saw a lot more Blights than Wesker when many complained about Wesker being in every game. Even if people win 50% of their games many will say they either win every game or lose every game depending on the point they try to make. People are great at exxagerating to an extreme in this community.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    edited October 2023
    Options

I think more people favored adrenaline since instant healing is enough to win end game or at least skewed so hard that you win almost immediately. Hope is over-time benefit perk. end games are not drawn long enough in a lot of cases for survivor to use Hope. The majority of end games are just take bodyblock protection hit at the hook, unhook other player during weapon wipe cooldown and run through exit gate. Hope does not help with this. Adrenaline does.

The list only goes to top 10 perks. Nightlight has Hope at #14 so if you extend list to top #15 perks then you might find Hope.

FTP+buckle up is more of 4 man swf meta aka bodyblocking meta. soloq has too little cohesion to use those perks and favor's MFT+Deja vu+resilience. it is more gen-rush focused then anything else. you can see this evidently in the stats. if survivor is not using gen-rush perks, they are using info perks which is why you see Window of opportunity and Kindred. DH is still strong perk when it activates but it does not have as much impact as before because you cannot spam it. of course, just because you cannot spam it does not mean that tanking an extra hit cannot change outcome of the game. I like to think of current dead hard as mid-game adrenaline. a mid-game type perk that might lose you the game vs a strong looper. it is similar to deliverance where deliverance at wrong time can change games.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on