The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chapter 33’s Killer?

So, to give some context, there will be big spoilers for The House of Arkham logs for Tome 17. So now’s your chance to leave if you don’t want that spoiled.

The first 4 logs detail the story of a character called “The Prisoner” and I was believing this is the Observer because of how similar in nature these two are, and the chilling line from log 4 that all stories are based on true events, there is no fiction. So, could that be the Observer realizing The Prisoner is him? I’m not sure. But, if The Prisoner is not the Observer (though I could’ve sworn the devs said he was originally called the prisoner or the archivist as work in progress names.) does that mean The Prisoner is Chapter 33’s killer?

Think about it, Chapter 33 releases right before the next Haunted by Daylight event in October of 2024. We know Jezebel, The Mad Designer is coming to the game with the third Twisted Masquerade in 2024 as our Anniversary killer. Could this Prisoner be our killer for that chapter?

I was originally thinking the Watchers would be our killer for Chapter 33, but until the Haunted by Daylight tome next Wednesday, I can’t be certain they’re coming into the game or what the bigger picture with them is. The thing that makes me think The Prisoner is our Chapter 33 killer is that a new character called Barra (who we have never heard of before) that describes The Prisoner as Esoteric and the Arcane Dowsing Rod (which had it’s description updated to include something new called Haunts), in that event or offering, I believed it called the hooks and gens both Esoteric hooks and Esoteric gens

So, is this use of Esoteric the catalyst for assuming The Prisoner is coming as our Killer for Chapter 33? Not 100% but it’s a good start. I still think The Watchers could be our killer as the Prisoner is our survivor? That could possibly make some sense, right?

What do you all think? Am I going insane from this game’s story or am I actually managing to put pieces together? After all I Claimed awhile back I knew Haunted by Daylight would be returning, that Jezebel is most likely our Chapter 32 Killer and her potential survivor counterparts. Twisted Masquerade will be happening next year for our anniversary again and the devs seem to be following a pattern like they did with Blight 3 years ago.

Who knows what’s going to come next, but it seems like next year is going to mean a lot for us lore fans. Things are finally coming into place

Comments

• CS1_6
    CS1_6 Member Posts: 54

Don't do drugs, kids.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

I would love some news about spider killer or that spider creature from older aechives.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,553

not fully convinced Jezabel is our next anniversary killer, but we’ll see.