BHVR, keep notifying that you are dealing with cheaters

Options
lav3
lav3 Member Posts: 758
edited October 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Had a Spirit match, there was Meg who was a cheater.

Assuming she equipped Hyperfocus probably used skill check cheat which makes skill check zones are like 95%.

After she got hooked twice and rescued, she started to sprint like 10m/s everytime which is impossible to catch. And tbag, why not?

Of course, the person was using Annoymous Mode.

Because there's no reason for cheaters not to use this, isn't it?

Do I hate Annoymous Mode?

Personally yes.

Do I think it shouldn't be in DbD?

No, but it shouldn't be giving cheaters 'protective' advantage to hide their profile. I understand there are many people who don't want to feel bothered with others.

I'm aware that you can report after the match.

But this doesn't change the fact that people (who've encountered cheaters) would have felt much better if they didn't spend time with them from the beginning.

BHVR, you really need to use better anti-cheat, find and punish cheaters fast if you really want someone like me to not have any bad stereotypes to Annonymous Mode users. I swear that Meg probably queued again and ruined another player's fun.

Playing with cheater(s) is the worst experience you can have in DbD.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Even when reported their account still gets tagged so BVHR can look into the match and account. Long as proper report them and support ticket Not even anonymous mode can hide them.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

BHVR give up with cheaters long time ago, they don't care much about this issue

EU servers are plagued with cheaters, at least 1 out 3 match has one

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 512
    Options

It doesn't help that BHVR actually requires video evidence to be able to take action. (I understand the reason for this, but I know it's so inconvenient for a lot of people.) I personally can't see any evidence of cheating from those screenshots alone.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

That's blatantly wrong. There were multiple instances when I was notified that a player I reported for cheating was banned.

It's impossible to completely remove cheaters from the game because they will always find a way. But it is nowhere near as bad as it was a year ago when cheaters were at an all time high.

It is highly unlikely you play against that many cheaters nowadays. Sometimes the game does a funny and something inexplicable happens but that doesn't mean someone is cheating. It could also be you play against someone who knows something you don't and uses it against you. I was accused of cheating before for curving with Hillbilly.

• Senaxu
    Senaxu Member Posts: 135
    Options

It is still a manual process.

You have to have evidence, video proof of the cheater/hacker that used hacks and it has to be obvious. It is more difficult when they have Annoymous Mode or console simulation, so you cant tag there profile properly.

An the most important thing: If they cheat subtle and don't make it that obvious they are perfectly save and can continue that for years without consequence. And that is a sad fact.

• Senaxu
    Options

Ok, that is interesting. I reported alot of cheaters already and got most of them banned (you can see it if they have a steam account and check a few weeks later after the report), however I NEVER got a notification that a cheater player I reported was banned.

I played alot of multiplayer pvp games and i sadly have to say that Dead by daylight is the first game where there is still literally no automatic cheat protection to this day for about 6 years now.

And the fact that more and more perks have recently come into the game that change the movement or the repair speed does not contribute positively to this either. It feels more and more like a game that offers a home to cheaters.

• Xernoton
    Options

They only added report feedback quite recently, so it is possible, that in the time since none of the people you reported were banned.

Also DBD does have an anti cheat. They use Easy Anti Cheat and they worked on it when the cheating situation got out of hand. I'm not saying it's perfect but it's definitely not as bad as was before.

That last part is true but I don't consider this a problem with these perks but with the nature of cheating. Subtle cheaters will always be a thing in every online game. The best thing BHVR can do is to keep improving on their safety measures. And so far it seems they do.

• Blinckx
    Blinckx Member Posts: 426
    Options

To be honest, when you report someone you will receive an email where they say they WON'T tell you the action taken so...weird you get to know if someone is banned or not

• Senaxu
    Options

You are right, Dead by daylight has EAC.

But what is EAC. It is a general cheat protection that is only effective if configured correctly. In comparison, solutions like Ricochet (an anti-cheat technology developed by Valve) or Vanguard (developed by Riot games) are tailored to the respective games and their requirements. The effectiveness of these solutions therefore also depends on the implementation and configuration by the game developers.

If EAC is configured correctly then it can be useful. To do this, it would have to be extensively tested and improved. Just as games that are being developed have to be played by the developers themselves to see if they work. Unfortunately, this is no longer the rule these days.

• Xernoton
    edited October 2023
    Options

Oh. Yeah. That wasn't the best coice of words. My apologies.

They inform you that they did take action. And for cheating that is always a ban. But they don't tell you they banned them directly.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

I've run into a TON of hackers today. Since you have to somehow magically record or run a video 24-7 to report them, I don't bother. I report them to steam and steam actually does Vac ban them.

I know this because I check their profiles. Too bad for them.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

Curving as Billy is Cheating? Haven't heard that before lol.

When people accuse me of cheating it's because they think I didn't see their scratches or item sticking out. Or because I have game sense.

The best one I have to offer is that one killer was thinking Adre only activates when exit gates are opened and not when all Gens are done. He was really thinking I cheated to pick me up after he dropped me after the last Gen got done.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,230
    edited October 2023
    Options

If you have an Nvidia graphics card, you can always use Geforce Experience and the record replay functionality to get a video of the last minutes you played. Is how I recorded this one, for example: