The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Steam 7.3.0 - "Never too late" survivor challenge from Tome 16 level 2 does not register progress

Spyd
Spyd Member Posts: 31

Just as the title says, I just finished a game where I sabotaged a hook with the killer dangerously close to me and carrying a survivor, but the challenge didn't register any progress.

The challenge says "Sabotage 3 hooks within 10 meters of a killer carrying a survivor"

I was playing with Saboteur, Background Player, Bond and Windows of opportunity, and had a standard toolbox with no addons that I found on a chest. I don't remember if I used saboteur or the toolbox to break the hook.

I'll try to do a few games more with this build, and this time I'll record the game so if it happens again I'll have more information for the bug report.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Tragopan
    Tragopan Member Posts: 25

I have this same issue. After attempting this challenge for a week I was finally fortunate enough to get a farming Killer who followed me around to test this last night. While a Survivor was being carried and the Killer was right on top of me I used a toolbox to sabotage 3 hooks. I then used the Saboteur perk to sabotage 3 hooks just to make sure. Before each attempt the Survivor wiggled free to make sure that it didn't require a new pick up each time.

It still did not get any progress at all.

• Spyd

Today I again tested this challenge. It just doesn't work. I sabotaged a hook while the killer was coming to it, it was so close that when I finally broken the hook the killer had time to hit me, so clearly less than 10 meters.

• CocoDrilo
    CocoDrilo Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

I can cconfirm i am also having the same issue and i have it recorded

• JohnSsuitepee
    JohnSsuitepee Member Posts: 22

Also having this same issue on PC Steam.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,137

I completed it with a brown toolbox WITHOUT having sabetor equipped. It wouldn't register if I had that perk equipped.

• Spyd

Can confirm that the progress in this challenge only advances if you don't have saboteur equipped. For whatever reason if you have the perk equipped, it won't count no matter if you break the hook with a toolbox or without.