Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So I played new event match as a killer, and I would say this: (very negative review)

Grigerbest
Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,501
edited October 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
  1. The event is completely survivor-sided. Killer have no time to waste on going in and out of the portal to bring this (very useless) ghosts into the real map, by this time survivors just slamming gens and getting out. Survivors on the other hand, have the time to do all this stuff, and being efficient on gens at the same time.
  2. The benefits from ghosts in 90% of time is useless. The buffs are really niche, and the ghosts are sponding in the corner of the maps and then dissapear. It makes them be not worth of any time wasted on going into these portals.
  3. There is 4 people against 1. Guess which side collect more orbs in a match?
  4. Survivors can literally hide inside the void realm to completely avoid the killer. And they are up for 2 min straight.

So in short: The event looks insanely cool, but it's completely useless, complicated and time wasting.

Very complicated for no reason, without any mentioning, that killer side just simply have no time to do all that stuff, if survivors being efficient on a gens.

Personal advice: Don't use portals as a killer, if you don't want to end up with 1-2 hooks and 4 escapes.

Just get the collection and complete the event tome.

Overall impression about the event from the killer side: Very negative.

The only thing I like about this event in a match: Floating pumpkins that I can smash.

Oh and the skins are really cool. Thank you.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

Doesnt make sense, if you play normally and ignore void realm your games are easier actually, it's useless side objectives for survivors, if anything you'll get more free wins until november 6th

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,530

Yeah it is more on the fun side. And seem to give good points with the energy transfer and the haunts.

But you should not try to win imo. Then you just don´t go to the void.

While you are in the void they can just repair and go.

• Melinko
    Melinko Member Posts: 291

There is a hook in the void realm... It's not a safe shelter.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Usually, when I hook someone and UW procs no screams within 10s I know that the survivors are hiding in the void realm and I got quite a few with their pants down there. But as the killer you really have no time to waste toying with any specters. Hunting in the other realm isn't risk free, though, as the transfer is quick enough that they can escape during the wiping animation. And the hook in that realm blends really well in with the surroundings. I have got downs in the realm and just couldn't find the damn hook, but that might be just that I am still confused by the layout and this should rectify itself by tomorrow.

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 456

I have played killer all evening and all my matches have been enjoyable. The void is very small and you do not have to go in and chase them.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

Really? I thought you only get haste. I remember being broken in the Void...

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,501

They are broken only when they're entering the void realm injured.

• Yoshirama
    Yoshirama Member Posts: 367

Funny, for me is otherwise, killers have been annoying and toxic the whole event

As always, killers ruin an event one more time

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963
    edited October 2023

I have to play a little more to be sure, but my first impressions are like this as well. There is now an additional realm outside the map where any player can go... cool, but all the gens are still on the actual map! You have no reason to go there as killer until you think someone is hiding there, but you will only be sure it's the best choice when you start noticing you already went to multiple gens and there was nobody in any of them (you can pretty much end up walking alone on the map for some time, which can be boring as hell).

To make it worse, it takes little time to cross a portal, which means that a survivor who is just a few meters away from you, can quickly enter it and instantly break line of sight, which also interrupts bloodlust progress and forces you to stand still for the same time they did. In other words, they got a bit of time, you got nothing that useful in return.

There is a hook in the Void but the killer also has the blinded status effect there, which means you need to make sure where the hook is before you even pick up. It's pretty confusing at first.

If you, as the killer, still spend a little time to release a ghost from the void (which is way too long of a time to stand still doing nothing as a killer), you get... undetectable, which is fun, but among the weakest killer abilities due to how the game is designed. There is a reason why Ghostface, Wraith and Myers aren't top-tier killers. Meanwhile, survivors get ENDURANCE, which is arguably the best status effect a survivor can get.

And just to make it a little worse, the portals are tall and bright, you can barely see anything behind them until you're inside one, so they also serve as free line of sight blockers. You don't think it will be a problem until they spawn right in front of a doorway. When a survivor goes through, you only know if they entered the portal or the door once you get to the portal yourself.

The concept of the event is great, but right now it seems terribly one-sided. Even more one-sided than the original snowmen. One side gets more fun while the other gets harder to have fun with.

Post edited by Malkhrim on
  • UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,966

I have still have no idea what I'm doing for the most part in this event... but I'm having fun at least, and getting a lot of bloodpoints.

• Chaogod
    Chaogod Member Posts: 135
    edited October 2023

What? The devs favor where the majority of the playerbase is? Say it aint so!

I mean sarcasim aside they will always hand hold survivors and design everything around their enjoyment first and foremost. No matter at what expense it is to killers.

• BigChapAlien21
    BigChapAlien21 Member Posts: 250

I think something that would really help was if Killers could move in and out of the Rift faster, as well as if their energy was worth more to the Haunts.

Been playing as Survivor and it seems like going into the Void and out of it, as well as transferring to the Haunts, is the same for Survivors as it is Killer. Seems like an oversight.

• MrRetsej
    MrRetsej Member Posts: 59

Just putting my name in the hat as another killer player that is very disappointed with the gameplay for this event. As much as I would like to explore and play in the Void map, it's a guaranteed 4-man out every time I try to duck in there. The concept for this event is very cool, but the execution is just not at all fun while also being incredibly punishing to the killers if they try to participate.

At least the pumpkins look cool. 😕

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

Killer should transfer energy to ghosts much faster too. Seriously, the amount of time you need to stand still next to a ghost is similar to the one Blast Mine takes from you.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,433

If one side is focused on event objectives and the other side is not, then obviously the latter will likely win. You can't expect to spare time messing with the Void and still win over the side that didn't spare time messing with the Void. And that goes for killers and survivors. It'd be nice if everyone wanted to mess around with the Void but that's simply not the case unfortunately. If you definitely want to win, then ignore the Void. If you're trying to get a Halloween tome challenge done then you're probably better off not expecting to win.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

The first match I had during the event was against Twins who tunneled me out (my guess: they could still see Prestiges and I was playing my P00) then slugged all people until they bled out. It wasn't even that they couldn't find them or something. Or that no hooks were nearby. They just did it so we have a miserable time.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

True. I had one match were the Survivors were messing with the void and they lost, the other time I messed with the void and lost. To be fair, they all started at gens and 3 gens were done when I finished my first chase. Classical Déjà Vu+BNP usage.