Ideas for the future

djsoundlimit
djsoundlimit Member Posts: 97
edited November 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I was thinking it might be fun to have some sort of weather implemented in the game. So that it isn't only random maps but also random weather on the maps. I mean like snow or thunder and lightning that effects also a little bit of the gameplay.

Speaking about snow btw. What would you think if the next franchise would be THE THING on a snow (storm) map like antarctica? I think that franchise would be perfect to have and also as a killer.

It are just some thoughts, let me know what you think of it. maybe the developers share the idea?

Post edited by djsoundlimit on

Comments

• annika
    annika Member Posts: 20

That is an amazing idea! More weather would add even more immersive-ness, as well as random events like thunder may even improve the horror aspect of this game. About the "The Thing" movie, it is a classic and I think it'd fit right into the roster of killers, and could even be regarded as cousins with The Singularity or The Dredge due to their distorted and grotesque appearances.

• djsoundlimit

Thanks, that's exactly my idea too. Would be great in style of The dredge and The singularity.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

Love the idea

and that would be awesome having a foggy weather on midwich

• Agt_Scully
    Agt_Scully Member Posts: 156

Great ideas! I think the snow ❄️ could replace the blood / track marks with foot prints when Survivors run. And the fog 🌫️ can be extra heavy to reduce visibility - the Survivors wouldn't know which direction the Killer is approaching with the terror radius and the Killer wouldn't be able to see the Survivors from a distance. Weather would provide another random element to mix up the gameplay.

• djsoundlimit
  • djsoundlimit

I also hope they bring Candyman in the game.

• djsoundlimit

So with stranger things coming back it got me thinking of more franchises that would be great. Let me know what you think about these franchises that I'd like to see in DBD.

• The fog (would be cool to have a map with a alot more fog and less visibility)
    • IT or Pennywise
    • Candyman
    • Tommyknockers
    • Killer clowns from outer space (would be cool to have an abandoned Fancyfair map for this btw, i don't think we have that already)
    • Children of the corn

• djsoundlimit

What would you think of having more Silent Hill stuff in DBD?

I was thinking about the Silent Hill 3 Lakeside amusement park for example. Wouldn't that be a great idea for a map?

• djsoundlimit

Maybe an item that adds rain (more or less depending on the rarity) like you have fog. It can also be effective for more running sounds to give the killer an advantage. Or less breathing (more rain sounds) for the survivor when standing still.

Just thinking out loud, what doo you think?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,964

I think its better to just have certain maps with said weather effect instead of having an item that changes weather.
    Thats much easier for the Map Team to manage.

But I would enjoy an Ormond variation where the snowstorm is so thick its basicly like playing Lights Out.
    One map variation with 1 special weather, I think its okay.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 926

It's something that has been suggested before, but I don't think BHVR has responded to the idea. It would be cool, but I don't know if it will ever happen.

• djsoundlimit

That is also great idea. at least I think they mus look into this

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 937

Maps which need this:

Ormond - give it a snowstorm

Eyrie of Crows - give it a sandstorm

Crotus Prenn - a foggy thunderstorm would look great

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,964
    edited August 26

Not specifically that, lets be clear just map variations.

a Ormond variation with a Snowstorm.

a Eyrie of Crows variation with a sandstorm

etc

Giving ALL Ormond maps snowstorm would be a disaster cause not everybody wants to deal with limited vision.

Post edited by Emeal on