The entity's last snare / Game mechanic idea.

Now i figured that Wishlist is the place where this should've been posted in the first place, so enjoy! (and sorry for the language errors.)

This is a Game mechanic idea to prevent Exit camping in a fun and terrifying way, and it works as follows:

The first exit gate to be open is contested by a physical manifestation in some sort of tough, spiky bush
like a rose's pedicel, made to cause doubt and Regret...

The bush is painfull, dangerous and complicated to pass through, making so you have to do it in One Go.
The bush makes so you take 3 seconds to pass through in healty or injured state, but 9 seconds in dying state.
If the second gate is open, the bush will disappear.
if the killer m1ones really someone really close passing through the bush, he will grab them instead, and the bush will disappear.
If the killer lunges he'l hit the survivor, restarting the 3 second timer to scape (9 if he's in dying state)
When the bush disappears, any survivors that where passing through scape instantaneously. ;)
Dead harding through the bush wont work as it is an action M1 (maybe) action.

This mechanic gives a reason to run Wake up and Prevents unfun exit camping, butt dancing,flashling clicking survivors =D
A cool little interactions would be if the killer hits it enough, one of the big branches of the bush strike him like a Decisive strike as a punishment for being so dumb. xD

Comments

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66

I don't see how this is supposed to stop survivors bming at the exit gates. The second gate almost always gets open very quickly. As far as I can see, the main effect this will have is undercutting the suspense when the killer is running towards the exit gate and you're about to finish opening it in a close game where the other gate hasn't been opened yet.

• Chicken
    Chicken Member Posts: 123

@Fropps said:
    I don't see how this is supposed to stop survivors bming at the exit gates. The second gate almost always gets open very quickly. As far as I can see, the main effect this will have is undercutting the suspense when the killer is running towards the exit gate and you're about to finish opening it in a close game where the other gate hasn't been opened yet.

Yeah i feel that too now that you said it... maybe it only happened after 20 or 30 seconds after the 1st gate opened

• JJRULEZ159
    JJRULEZ159 Member Posts: 27

@Chicken said:

@Fropps said:

Yeah i feel that too now that you said it... maybe it only happened after 20 or 30 seconds after the 1st gate opened