Can someone tell me how is one supposed to play against The Skull Merchant?

Options

I just truly don't get her power. How are the downsides being applicable? How many status effects can she apply to a survivor? Is it possible to prevent the downsides? I am curious. I don't own her so I haven't had the chance to see what it is like from the other side. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,982
    Options

You have to be scanned 3 times in order to get a claw trap and receiving a claw trap inflicts damage (if injured, you get deep wounded) and broken. She has some addons to apply exhausted, oblivious, or manged/haemorrhage to survivors with a claw trap but those are not basekit features. There's 3 second buffer before you can get scanned again.

You can avoid being scanned by crouching, standing still, or avoiding the scan areas. Her drones do have a stealth mode where the scanning lines are invisible, but you can still on the drone the scanning sensor and it does light up.

If you get scanned with a claw trap on you, you get hindered. However, this appears to not have any buffer period so best to avoid drone areas when being chased with a claw trap.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    edited October 2023
    Options

1) You can avoid drone lasers by crouch walking, standing still (which includes doing gen, totem, exit gate, camping pallet/vault) before laser comes. This won't be much useful when you are in chase but you can utilize this knowledge.

2) By doing either of them, deactivate drones which make loops dangerous when you are not in chase. Be careful with Stealth Mode drones which don't have cones (you can still see lasers rotating). Also you can see the range of Stealth Mode drones if you look under.

3) She knows where you are whenever you get detected by drone (short duration) or have claw trap (until battery expires) on you. Trying to hide after getting detected isn't a smart choice.

4) Her haste number is proportion to the number of survivors who were detected (for a short time) & claw traps. Avoiding lasers as possible will not benefit her. This one highly depends on your teammates knowledge.

5) Whenever she installs drone, she get undetectable so make sure to hear her carefully and look around.

6) If you have no idea how to loop her, just play as if you are versing Clown.

Post edited by lav3 on
  • Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

You play againts her like other 1/3 of all Killers.

Killer places their power / uses their power on the loop, you hold W to next loop / predrop and run to next.