Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Game Launch Problem

As the title say. The game will launch. It'll enter the splash screen and load until the end then stays there until the splash screen disappear a few moments later. However, both Steam and Task Manager shows that the game is running. DBD is my only game doing this. After awhile it'll work. But the next time I play, it doesn't and hadn't worked since.

I've spent days to weeks now, trying to figure out and fix the problem. Things from allowing program through firewall, verifying the integrity of files, running as administrator, reinstalling/repairing EAC, uninstalling then reinstalling DBD, disabling fullscreen mode, clearing Steam cache, resetting network, updating bios.

Btw, I'm on Windows 10. And just in case, my pc is completely up to date with graphics card, other adapter, windows update, etc etc.

I know its just DBD because no other games are doing this. PC is doing perfectly fine too. No CPU or GPU problems. One of the "maybe" solution that someone told me was to reinstall Windows. Which I'm really hoping to not because not only will that be annoying enough by itself, but I've seen people with similar problems do so, and it STILL didn't work. So I'm gonna go through all possible options. If nothing can work then I might just have to give up on Dead By Daylight.