We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Best Era of DBD?

Options
B_Deity
B_Deity Member Posts: 46

Note: I put "best" and not "favorite" as it's meant to be an objective look, and not what had the fondest memories. Think of it from an outsiders view. Put your reason in the comments.

Best Era of DBD? 11 votes

2016-2017
0%
2018-2019
0%
2020-2021
9%
xEa 1 vote
2022-2023
90%
kinB_Deitysizzlingmario4DarrakGDepressedlegionTheSingularitySleepyHSkillfulstonerosella004TommyDorkelson 10 votes

Comments

• B_Deity
    B_Deity Member Posts: 46
    Options
    2022-2023

I'd say easily now. I started in June 2020, and in all my time the dev feedback and the willingness to make changes has been unprecedented. Great patches/killers come out consistently, and even when hated, they're fixed practically in an instant. This is because DBD now actually has consistent competition in the asym arena and can't just do anything they feel like (which is how it operated most of the time).

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November 2023
    Options
    2020-2021

Between 2018 and 2021. It was the perfect middle ground and the state we need back. Not only in ballance but also on how the game looked and felt.

Before 2018 DBD was a mess. Maps were completly unballanced, way to many safe pallets. Certaint addons and items were broken. No entity blocker, infinites, Killer pick up and vaulting time took very long. The game was overall very survivor sided and major changes were needed. Other things like Mori (insta kill) and BNP (insta Gen) were completly overpowered. On the positive side, the maps looked way darker and way more moody. The game had atmosphere.

Now in 2022-23 the game is finally where it started in terms of ballancing, but on the other spectrum. Maps became more and more killer sided, survivor items and perks are nerfed into the ground. Many killer come with anti loop mechanics that lead to palet insta drop meta and an overall extremly boring if even existing interaction between survivor and killer. Palet count has been cut on average by about 30% and safe pallets are basically gone. A great example is Hawkins. It used to be the most killer sided map, now it is right in the middle. Even worse, maps are extremly flashy compared to the old days. The mood of the old maps is completly gone. Last but not least, the new animations look absolutly trash. I would pay 20$ just to get the old injured animations back, no joke.