Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do people think Xenocat was overnerfed?

2»

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited November 2023

You did not? So why you replied me then? All i said he is not weak killer like people are making him. He is pretty decent. What was your purpose?

And it proved most times DbD stats and Nighlight stats are pretty close to each other. So when BHVR shares their current stats , you will see Xeno is performing so well like what we are seeing. If it is different, you can @ me .

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

Didn't know he got nerfed. He still played the same with the gameplay.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,441

I replied because in the OG message you didnt mentioned stats you mentioned xeno being strong because you said so. Even then I disgree hardly in using stats such as killrate to determine if a killer is good, pre-rework sadako had a high af killrate, and she was a meme m1 killer. If you use killrate as a way to determine strength Im sorry but we will have to disagree as I refuse to believe an m1 who you can loop for at least an entire gen if you are decent is better than blight.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    edited November 2023

Old Sadako had high kill rate with low pick rate. So this was showing only few people was good with her. And most people was not playing her for obvious reasons.

But Xeno has not this problem. His kill-rate is pretty high. His pick-rate is top 5. So this means his kill rates are coming from pretty large player-base which shows he is just doing fine.

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

Because they all went to drama school. People on here whine about literally everything. Xeno was bugged and then got fixed, as he should have. People just don't like the fact that now they actually have to BOTHER to win a game instead of it being handed to them on a silver platter.

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

Personally because pre-nerf they were a lot more fun to use while still no where near the best killer in the game or even top 3.

Now I just never see the Xenomorph in games.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

He was crazy strong though, destroying turrets practically did nothing to slow him down (unlike now) and even missing hardly punished him, which is a lot considering how hard it is to even dodge the tail.

That just made him crazy oppressive in chase.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339

I think Xeno is disgusting and there's very few killers in DBD where after a down I scoff out loud in disbelief at how ridiculous it was. Some of the tail hits you can get are just dirty and it's like playing Pyramid head with mobility and less tunneling

Xeno's kit is the whole kitchen sink. Mobility, stealth, tracking, ranged attack that can hit over windows and pallets, and crazy addon options to boot

With the right build you can get downs at shack pretty easily even with the pallet thrown. That's enough said for how strong Xeno is. He only needs to kick the godliest of god pallets if you are playing him well enough

• Sandt1985
    Sandt1985 Member Posts: 304

The cool down happens when you miss a tail attack AND when you successfully use the tail to destroy a turret. The first one was needed, the second one needs to go right now

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

Does it really? i mean, before destroying turrets did absolutely nothing to delay Xenocat, unlike now, which considering its meant to be the main way to counter him, i think its fair, after all, it takes time to set the turrets up.

• BigChapAlien21
    BigChapAlien21 Member Posts: 250

Xeno is pretty strong right now, but I do wish we didn't lose so much distance destroying turrets - which Xeno is supposed to do!

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 259

She (He?) is still extremely hard to counter as survivor, I'm not saying she needs nerfs or buffs, but she's a very strong killer in a chase. Whatever nerfs they did, it doesn't seem to slow her down.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Its like talking with wall ...

1) When Xeno released his tail strike miss was bugged, ie not there at all. When they rectified the issue, they also nerfed the whole thing ON TOP of implementing the cooldown correctly, so we never saw the unbugged version and went straight from "bugged with no cooldown" to "cooldown, but with nerfed numbers", which felt like a double slap in the face.

2) The whole design philosophy of this killer. When a power is in great parts in control of the players anc can be completely taken away from the killer, it NEEDS to be above the curve. Xeno had this for a very short time in its life cycle: the power was stronger then others and allowed them to hunt down survivors with cold efficiency, but they risked to have it taken away and being turned into an M1 killer.

It was never officially announced, but when they nerfed the tail cooldown, something broke in the Xenos DNA (code) and the tail became extremely unreliable, to the point of being useless. You could hit it directly at survivors and see the tail penetrate through their chest, only for it to not register and locking you in a long cooldown animation. This felt extremely unrewarding.

Now things have cooled off a bit, but the problem still stands: Xenos power can be taken completely away, but the power isn't above the curve anymore and feels like any other ranged power, ie clunky to use, prone to misses and utterly unusable at trash heap loops.

Bonus point: how quickly the Xenomorph was nerfed. Yes, this happened to some survivor stuff in the past, but people usually have to go back to things like MoM's release or the Buckle Up fiasco, in order to find quick nerfs to survivor perks that were really busted, while MFT stood untouched for ages. This left a bitter taste in the mouth of many killers who would have loved to sneak around as the Xeno-kitten, but felt like it just didn't cut it anymore. Also, take into account that we got two very, very lukewarm original killers with The Knight and The Skullmerchant before this, and then got promised the next strong killer in ages with The Singularity, to finally break the curse, only to have him severely neutered from PTB to live in way that can only be described as ... unfun. In this environment one of the biggest licenses ever drops in the form of the Xeno, and after feeling awesome and extremely cool, it got nerfed and broken and spit out as a shadow of its former self and that is just sad.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 650

I agree, that Xenomorph nerf was not logical at all. Sad thing is that it seems like it would be unable to see that version of Xenomorph.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon

If Xeno player is not bad, power can not be taken. It just helps survivor to make some distance at best. He is easily top tier killer, he is fine even with nerf.