Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Changing NOED to prevent toxic survivors wasting killers time.

I really want a perk that makes survivors think twice about teabagging or waiting until a killer hits them. 

I will base the new NOED or new perk, around current NOED and Bloodwarden. 

Once all generatiors are completed you gain haste 4-6% and gain decrease cooldown % on weapon hits. 

Once all gates are open, survivors no longer hear terror radius when in the vacinity of the exit gate, and are in the exposed status (not given icon to surprise survivors.) If a survivor is hit, the exit gates are closed for (1-4 seconds)

Is no longer a hex perk. 

Reasoning - With how controversial NOED is and DS getting reworked (hopefully), I thought it would be a decent idea to bring back the weapon CD and increase the MS, allowing you to get survivors must faster without the instadown. The no terror radius will allow surprise attacks for cocky survivors and the bloodwarden affect is to catch survivors and preventing them from crawling away.

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Im glad you removed the instadown when out of the gates. When I clicked on this I was expecting something bad but this is a solid rework.

• Ultima
    Ultima Member Posts: 16

Just tbag outside of the gates this changes nothing.

• Victory
    Victory Member Posts: 166

@MegChicken said:
    I really want a perk that makes survivors think twice about teabagging or waiting until a killer hits them. 

Once all generatiors are completed you gain haste 4-6% and gain decrease cooldown % on weapon hits. 

Once all gates are open, survivors no longer hear terror radius when in the vacinity of the exit gate, and are in the exposed status (not given icon to surprise survivors.) If a survivor is hit, the exit gates are closed for (1-4 seconds)

Is no longer a hex perk. 

Reasoning - With how controversial NOED is and DS getting reworked (hopefully), I thought it would be a decent idea to bring back the weapon CD and increase the MS, allowing you to get survivors must faster without the instadown. The no terror radius will allow surprise attacks for cocky survivors and the bloodwarden affect is to catch survivors and preventing them from crawling away.

Well balancing around survivors BMing is a horrible way to go, as killers have ways of bming as well. Anyways, in general rework seems solid and makes the perk more clutch instead of crutch. However, if the killer is at the exit gates after misplaying an unhook and the survivors get there, that will just reward bad play like the old noed.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

I like this. I think it's a decent idea! Needs some work here and there, but it's not a bad idea.

• MegChicken
    MegChicken Member Posts: 163
    Victory said:

@MegChicken said:

Is no longer a hex perk. 

Well balancing around survivors BMing is a horrible way to go, as killers have ways of bming as well. Anyways, in general rework seems solid and makes the perk more clutch instead of crutch. However, if the killer is at the exit gates after misplaying an unhook and the survivors get there, that will just reward bad play like the old noed.

It’s really not though. The “I’m gonna wait until killer hits me” game is tiring. Plus if a killer is blocking an entrance then go to the other, you don’t have to deal with the instadown, the insidious effect is annoying yes, but without it it’d be the same story again. Sure the killer is much faster, but you actually have a change to escape, unlike the instadown we have now. 
  • MegChicken
    Ultima said:

Just tbag outside of the gates this changes nothing.

It does change something, plus with the insidious effect you can easily wait or see if a survivor is waiting for you. Granted The Game or Doctor map won’t allow the surprise aspect. 
  • Divinitye9
    Divinitye9 Member Posts: 392
    I don’t see noed as “controversial.” It’s a perk that allows a “last stand” for a killer to make the game more difficult.

Do less skilled killers abuse it? Sure. I always get a chuckle when I see a leatherface or billy with, but it is what it is.

Same thing with DS. It’s an inconvenience.

I do like your idea though. 
  • TwistedRusty
    TwistedRusty Member Posts: 16
    What's wrong with messing with killers? Sure beats the anger they leave in you for camping. Teabaggin is light-hearted and ain't merely as bad as camping. Why do people complain of the littlest things?

• MegChicken
    What's wrong with messing with killers? Sure beats the anger they leave in you for camping. Teabaggin is light-hearted and ain't merely as bad as camping. Why do people complain of the littlest things?

Ok survivor main.
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I disagree with TwistedRusty.

First, while camping is annoying, there are times when it is needed and is a viable strategy. Teabagging however, is purly used to disrespect the player who just happens to play the other fraction of a game.

• TheWraith883
    TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

I think they should give a perk that makes survivor friends who keep bullying hate their life they are toxic and they are everywhere. They keep tagging and after the game finish, they get angry and aggressive.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    edited January 2019

While the teabagging itself can be insulting, I'm amazed at how many killers manage to have problems with survivors waiting around inside of exit gates. Am I that much more intelligent than the average playerbase to instinctively know how to get them out? And I even manage to get brutality, deviousness, and hunting bloodpoints in the process. But let me explain it for you killers of lesser intellect

Go and keep smacking the survivors till they leave. You get bloodpoints. If they still refuse to leave, they'll eventually go down and you can hook them. It's seriously that easy.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Takes my teabagging as earl grey....^^ j/k

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

i don't think teabagging is toxic....it's like neena neena neena....i won.....unless you are 8 and get offended by such? killers nod their head at you or shake it when hooked....yes they got you, as Homer Simpso says....woohoo...i find it more hilarious then teabagging....o.O

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Honestly, I think the entire end game should probably be reworked.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited January 2019

@MegChicken said:
    TwistedRusty said:

Ok survivor main.

“Ok survivor main.”
    -said my fellow Meg main. You can’t call somebody out for being a survivor main when your name literally insinuates that you are a survivor main

I do like the NOED rework idea though

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    Dehitay said:

While the teabagging itself can be insulting, I'm amazed at how many killers manage to have problems with survivors waiting around inside of exit gates. Am I that much more intelligent than the average playerbase to instinctively know how to get them out? And I even manage to get brutality, deviousness, and hunting bloodpoints in the process. But let me explain it for you killers of lesser intellect

Go and keep smacking the survivors till they leave. You get bloodpoints. If they still refuse to leave, they'll eventually go down and you can hook them. It's seriously that easy.

We get it.
    Some just don't want to give survivors the satisfaction anymore.
    The points are too low to put up with it.

Frankly some of us are sick of the fact the killer is basically powerless at that point. Outside of a few special builds, or a few killers you can't stop them from escaping. If they have any brains you can't stop them at all.
    The survivors know they're safe, and rub it in the killer's face.
  • JowDaddyy
    JowDaddyy Member Posts: 19

It just seems a little unnecessary to me. I don't really think teabagging warrants some form of perk rework, NOED is fine as it is and if you play better as killer then there shouldn't be any survivors left to teabag at the exit gate anyway.

• XxAtomicAlfiexX
    XxAtomicAlfiexX Member Posts: 395

maybe not a rework but a new perk would be nice. also take away the red stain so you can stealth round the corner.

• MegChicken
    JowDaddyy said:

It just seems a little unnecessary to me. I don't really think teabagging warrants some form of perk rework, NOED is fine as it is and if you play better as killer then there shouldn't be any survivors left to teabag at the exit gate anyway.

Not really, doing good depends on survivors, not your own skill.