Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

What is the purpose of the “dumb tech”?

Options

I’ve seen YouTubers call this move a dumb tech: when you stun the killer with a pallet then vault through them. What is the purpose of this tech? Is it just for fun? Is it supposed to confuse the killer?

Best Answers

• COLF44JC
    COLF44JC Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

It's for making them lose sight of you.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,815
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Depends on who you ask.

My explanation of it is as follows:

• It mostly works on new Killers, the "dumb tech" does not provide any advantage really, it only really puts you at a disadvantage, and I always saw it as BM since people often use it to make fun of new or unexperienced Killers.
    • The original name for the tech (seeing how it was used to make fun of people) had a far more harsh name as it used an ableist slur, obviously people stopped using the original name and started using "dumb tech" or "stupid tech" instead.
    • To put it bluntly, I always disliked it, it's origins, name, and usage is only there to make fun of people and mock them.

Obviously my perception of the whole thing is different from someone else's perception, we each have our own set of bias, I would recommend hearing all possible sides before formulating your own opinion on this.

Answers