We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Which do you prioritize? Playing to win or playing to have fun?

Options
Rareware0192
Rareware0192 Member Posts: 360
edited November 2023 in Polls

Play to win - whatever it takes to secure that escape / get that 3K or 4K. More likely to tunnel/genrush/use meta perks.

Play to have fun - play the game for pure enjoyment regardless of the outcome of the match. More likely to meme/give hatch.

Which do you prioritize? Playing to win or playing to have fun? 40 votes

Playing to win
20%
bebetterTheSingularityBlueMoonBRUHMOMENThexmilkSayonara45COLF44JComg_is_that_jesusFengMain61 8 votes
Playing to have fun
80%
EQWashualaenyiaHerInfernalMajestyrafikiSeekerOfSoulsRareware0192SlamitieglitchboiFobboMarc_go_soloGuiltiiAurelleMarc_123HalloulleChikyWextonRareFantom47CorvusCorax86mikewelkkinupss 32 votes
Post edited by Rareware0192 on

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,197
    Options

Where is the option to get rid of tome challenges no matter if I win or have fun in the game? ^^

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Playing to win

I play to win but without using scummy tactics such as camping or hard tunneling. I give hatch often.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,243
    Options
    Playing to have fun

Yep... same

I play killer very chilled and let a lot of survs go.

Surv i have to play normal. I play solo Q and a bit offensive so i die often.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Playing to have fun

I'd say play to have fun - but man, that would be setting yourself up for being extremely frustrated and in an extremely bad mood.

... Though, playing to win is just miserable too.

Atm I opt to play with friends while hanging out in vc... which I suppose is playing to have fun? With the friends, that is. Not with the game.

• COLF44JC
    COLF44JC Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Playing to win

I play to win as survivor and I'm playing Survivor basically all the time, but when I'm killer I play for fun

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options
    Playing to have fun

It's tricky because I always go into a trial to do well, but my aims change each trial. Perhaps the randomizer has given me a rare perk I want to learn and get some use out of, a challenge I need to complete, or even for the fun of watching the endgame screen of a 2-3k where everyone has meta and I have Deathbound or a selection of other weak stuff. Sometimes, if the trial is way too easy because of mmr I'll 2 hook everyone then let them all escape.

Whatever I choose, it's fun first, always. Even when I go into a trial with the intent of a 4k, it's never going to be through tunnelling and camping as the majority. There is nothing fun with that; only stress.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

A bit of both.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,562
    Options
    Playing to win

I feel vastly outnumbered here 😲

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options
    Playing to have fun

As long as I get a decent amount of blood points, I don't really care if I win or lose.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    Playing to have fun

I like having fun... but a 3rd option would be even more preferred: win or fun, it doesn't matter, just not toxic.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Playing to have fun

I don't really care if I win or lose as long as the match is fun and the opposing side isn't being extremely toxic.

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Playing to have fun

I play however the Survivors do. If they're competitive, I'm competitive. If they chill, I'm chill.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 615
    Options
    Playing to have fun

There pretty much is no such thing as "Play to win" for the solo survivor anymore. Since you will just be tunneled out of every match anyway, playing for fun is the only way to go.