Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

A whistle or shout (Hey!) function for survivors.

MuteNewt
MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
edited June 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I made this post on Steam discussions before so apologies to anyone that has to read my idea again. Its been still an issue for me and i'm guessing a lot of people that play with randoms. Is that you unhook or see an injured survivor and wanna heal them but they are unaware you are behind or even close to them. Sometimes you unhook and you are chasing them for trek of the whole map lol.It doesnt even have to be a sound to get their attention. Even a visual clue that pings on their end to let you know you are wanting to help.

Maybe this could be resolved in the form of a perk. As I know not everyone that plays wants to help others as much I do ha.

Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

Comments

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543

just press 2, if they want help, they will understand
    If you're going for shot out, killer will hear you and you couldn't heal them anyway
    people also run bond, so they see whoever around when in solo queue
    If they don't care and simply run away, well....

for console players: 2 on pc gives emote "come here"

• Dav105
    Dav105 Member Posts: 73

I think the biggest problem is when you have a key to open the hatch XD.. It's so small so people don't really see it. Also, when you try and signal with "2" they don't really understand that it's for the hatch and won't follow you. There should definitely be more emotes or at least one more which basically the character holds whichever item they have on their hand and it will have a shiny effect on it. So you can somewhat make out whether people have keys or not XD.

• MuteNewt
    edited June 2018

@Sarief I understand what you mean. But im saying in the case of them not being able visually see you do the ''come here'' emote. Then you run after them and they just don't stop. As for the killer hearing it maybe it could be only used for the survivor side of things. Because I wouldn't want it being used as another tool to taunt and tease the killer ha. Thanks for the input :)

• MuteNewt
    edited June 2018

@Dav105 That's very true! I think what we are getting at is a better emote system. Or it just reworked so it has auditory and visual cues for the survivors. Its a bigger problem with the rank reset and less experienced players will run at a sight of a crow ha. Another post I read earlier was lack of a thanks emote and everyone just teabags each other as way of conveying it :D Maybe a rework of the emote system is answer? Or just some simple additions :) Its a QoL change more than anything really. Thanks for for the input :)