We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Dredge's Nightfall... Chanting? What Exactly Are The Lore Implications Of It?

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,764

I started playing Dredge again, and normally during Nightfall, you hear the darkness and souls that formed the Dredge screaming out and it rapidly gets more intense as Nightfall starts to end (both as a way to amplify the feeling Nightfall creates but also to act as an indicator for Nightfall ending).

But I started to notice that when you swing and hit/down a Survivor, youll hear the souls chanting. Which makes me question, if they are in such agony, why do they chant on the Dredge when someone is getting closer to death?

In Dredge's Mori, the Survivors are consumed by the darkness entirely and removed from the normal realm. Perhaps the souls are chanting out because despite their misery, they want more people to join them?

Perhaps such a small detail is a bit more morbid the more you think about it.

Idk, what do yall think about it?

Comments

• Raconteurminator
    Raconteurminator Member Posts: 594
    edited November 2023
    Options

I mean, you're probably right. If you look at the "lore" behind poltergeists and other malevolent spirits, the idea is that they were mostly regular ghosts that grew to be resentful of the living. Dredge is probably nudging that process along and is just full of a writhing morass of genuinely angry souls that want to harm the living.

• edgargarciabe660
    edgargarciabe660 Member Posts: 44
    Options

Dredge forms his body from the things it can get like the doll skin suggests. Most likely when a living being is assimilated by him, they dont lose anything, they're still alive, just being deformed little by little until Dredge consumes them completely, so most likely their groans and screams are them suffering and wanting that to end