The Trickster Feedback

Comments

• Liozio
    Liozio Member Posts: 64

I posted about it lower down in this thread but the tldr is that the addons are getting way more duration recharge than they should based on how the math is done

• sadbill
    sadbill Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2023

<What we want>

1.Revert old 4.4 trickster with deleted recoil.

2.Know main event is "Trash". 

3.Don't force us to use a bat. We want to throw kinves when we play him.

You make playing him boring and you forced us to do camping more. 

I wrote the reason at the bottom of this text.

<Reson: Your patch for Trickster>

(we: many trickster users)

*Buff

1. 4.4->4.6(walking speed)

-You think "4.6 speed" makes him ######### strong. But when he use knives, his speed is still slow(no changes). So it's meangless. Buff speed and nerf throwing knives, it sounds that you wanna me not to use throwing knives. Use a bat? Is he Legion? Is he Clown? 

Please, you have to know walking speed is not important for him.

2. Delete recoil 

-It's the only one good thing of his patch. I heard a lot of opinion of other killer users. Most of them said "I couldn't play him due to recoil.". But you know, when we throw knives, survivors move right and left a lot...So... actually, It's little meaning. It's still not easy to hit them with knives.

*Nerf

1. 12 knives heat(6+6)->16 knives heat(8+8)

-Sigh,,,

2. Laceration time 15s->10s

-Now, when we thorw knives, survivors go to structure(window, pallet, wall, building and the others). And laceration magically disappeared. So fast. we can't make them hurt.

3. Maximal throwing knives' speed nerf(1s: 4kinves->3kinves)/ Delete acceleration

-This speed is very peaceful for survivors. It's symbol of Peace. Nobody hurts. Seriously, you have to fix 4kinves or return acceleration. It's very hard to hit 8 knives with this speed. 3knives? Wow. To click left button of mouse is faster.

when I chased survivors around killer's house(old Trickster), I could hit them. But now I can't hit them there(New Trickster).

4. Total quantity nerf. (16/60->12/44->16/44)

-Do you think the new Trickster is much stronger than Nurse? Are you serious? 16/44? 

Newbie killers forgive throwing knives due to lack of that. And they think "why I have to play him? Other 4.6 killer is much stronger! Bye Trickster!"

5. Main event nerf(speed, time)

-> I felt you want us to use main event mainly. But Main event is SO ######### SLOW AND SHORT. When we use main event, its loading time still very long. We can't kill anyone with this skill. I saw a lot of guys who couldn't make survivors hurt in main event time.(can't hit 8 knives)

6.addon changes

-> There are 5 addons we can use. Album(pruple), Trick knife(Purple), Shoes(yellow), Momento knife(brown)

Various playing disappeared completely. Other addons are trash, you know ^^. We can't use them. There is no fun. There is no good performance. He doesn't have anything.

Post edited by sadbill on
  • LeGranEmi
    LeGranEmi Member Posts: 80

set the throwing speed to 4 knives per second and lower the laceratio to 6 or 7 but leave the knife decay speed at 10 s

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 252

I think one of my biggest disapointments is aside from one Iridescent add-on many have been made a lot worse, particular ones you can regularly use of lower rarity such as Fiz-Spin Soda.

• Binzo
    Binzo Member Posts: 3

My feedback would be:

The speed at which he is going now 4.6 is fine, that IS better I gotta give credit where it's due BUT his throwrate nerf and his mainevent nerf make it so you don't even feel he is 4.6- miraculously he feels even slower now than before. And weaker. His mainevent to us mains is not a key point of his gameplay but the throw rate? that just kills him. Softly. Just not that soft. Actually you hit him with a baseball bat and... he can't get up.

He's on the floor now.

And people who don't main him can't see it because they have no idea what they are talking about. Or how to properly play him.

I had so many Tricksters dc today because they couldn't even get a down and I feel them because- same.

The fun part is you as the Trickster struggle beyond believe but the survivors, yes they actually do that, give up and end themselves on hook despite them winning because they confuse you for nurse.

And you are just standing there- flabbergasted. Because HOW????

• Habil_K
    Habil_K Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2023

I didn't think it was that good even on the tester server.

Except for attack speed.

However, it was nerfed and applied.

I think these results are natural.

The current Trickster is too weak.

Here's what a trickster needs:

1. Return the laceration duration to 15 seconds

2. Increase the number of bullets to match the injury condition of 8 shots

3. Add-on reorganization

- Iridescent Photocard

Each dagger hit increases your movement speed by 1%. (up to 5%)

Duration lasts 10 seconds, updated each time it is hit.

(Also applies to ‘Main Event’ mode)

(All penalties deleted.. I think the activation conditions and duration alone are sufficient penalties.)

-Fizz-Spin Soda

Main Event Deactivation time reduced by 35%

- Ji-Woon's Autograph

Main Event Deactivation time reduced by 25%

I value variety in settings.

But I also don't want your efforts to go to waste.

There is a need to increase the performance of the dropped ‘Dagger Mode’ again.

There is a need to improve the performance of the ‘Main Event’ mode itself.

• Abseudus
    Abseudus Member Posts: 14

a rough summary of my opinion in this video. takes 9 minutes and I mentioned only the things I thought would be the most critical. Missed a lot of other major points, but there's also the google doc of wacek and endzej_ linked below the video (also refering to it in the video itself)

• Zygmyr
    Zygmyr Member Posts: 12

Hello, BVHR. I have at least a thousand hours played as Trickster (Prestige 100 and 30,000+ Lacerations) and I thought he was in a perfect place before the changes. This new update made the Trickster horrible to play, in my opinion. I loved his previous addons and base kit. They kinda reminded me of Warframe guns and mods but now the Trickster is just horrible to play.

The new no recoil feels unrewarding and the extra 2 laceration meter plus the 10 second laceration decay are abysmal. The buffed movement speed doesn't help at all, at times the survivor had turned a corner and their laceration had decayed before you could inflict injury. The current fire rate is fixed to 3 blades per second, unlike the old fire rate that increased each throw which you could also modify with Fizz-Spin Soda or Ji-Woon's Autograph. And the worst change was the Death Throes Compilation, that was the most skillful addon and it rewarded the Trickster for being good.

And the Main Event was special and not something you could use in every chase.

• Capa
    Capa Member Posts: 16

Faster fire rate with reduced laceration meter would be awful to play against. I don't mind 8 blades to injure but he needs to throw faster to compensate. That's why so many people play Trickster is for that rapid fire gameplay which this update killed.

• Noxaura
    Noxaura Member Posts: 1

Hello BHVR,

I think a complete revert to how he was before, minus adding recoil back, is the best course of action. A little more in-depth overview:

• Removal of recoil

Only good change to come from all of this. Kind of ironic how recoil was removed to help players land blades in the same rework that made using blades irrelevant.

• Reduced throw rate

One of, if not the biggest change that ruined him. Before this rework I was the type to always use blades over basic attacks, even if it took a little longer, because throwing blades with both speed and accuracy was the most satisfying thing in-game. Now, downing with blades isn't even feasible in most cases.

• Movement speed increased to 4.6 m/s.

If reverting his movement speed back to 4.4 m/s is what it takes to preserve his identity as a long range killer, then so be it. I personally don't find being 115 super impactful in chase (since his throwing state movement speed was unchanged) or out of chase (the best map pressure comes from downing and hooking survivors, which was much easier before this rework).

• Throw Rate, Laceration Meter, and Laceration Meter Decay

I think you guys found the perfect balance for these numbers with old Trickster.

• Add-Ons

Trickster had one of the best range of add-ons in terms of diversity and viability. No one knows or cares about what a combo is. Old Death Throes was the most rewarding and skill-based play style he had. Iri Photocard can stay the same as it is now, or be given current Death Throe's effect.

In conclusion, #RevertTrickster. Thank you.

• Wibwob
    Wibwob Member Posts: 65

Absolutely agree, I meant one or the other but I worded it badly lol

• ItWasIDio316
    ItWasIDio316 Member Posts: 4

For me, 4.6, 8 knives, no recoil, and a logical addon pass were all he needed to go from "you need to be a master to be a threat" to being better.

The throwspeed, the main event changes, everything else has made him miserable to play. Absolutely miserable.

The changes made it so that he can patrol gens better, which is cool I guess, but problematic tiles are more problematic thanks to the nerfed decay and throwspeed. If the goal is to make him Less Sexy Clown--an M1 killer with frustrating anti-loop--then you've done it. But he's not the trickster anymore.

• Kolramii
    Kolramii Member Posts: 17

Here I am thinking this would be post saying Trickster is not working as intended and a hotfix would be coming out asap.

• JDecker
    JDecker Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2023

*When I edited this post it disappeared, so I reposted it. The disappearance was temporary, but please refer to the new post below for my comment.

Post edited by JDecker on
  • 렌스마스터
    렌스마스터 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    [{"insert":"Revert old Trickster!!\n"}]
  • yuwal
    yuwal Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2023

With this patch, Trickster has lost his original charm. The killer who used to kill survivors with a knife now uses a melee weapon. The throwing speed of the knife is really slow. And his add-ons have become useless. 4.6 speed is not a buff for him. Roll back so I can play him. He says now he doesn't want to be a cheater. It's the worst.

• I do not have the experience with trickster as some of his dedicated mains do (refer to the changes suggested by Wacek and ENdZej_ as they have very insightful perspectives). I probably have only 100 hours on trickster. I cannot express how great trickster felt on the recent PTB. With 4.6 m/s movement speed, 4 knife/s throw rate, and 8 knives to damage, trickster felt extremely smooth, responsive, and rewarding to play. In my mind, the only parts that felt bad (and too powerful) were the free reload addon with the new Main Event requiring so few knives. Main Event no longer felt like a "Main Event" when you receive it so regularly. Before, it was rewarding to purposefully save main event for specific moments. Now, Main Event is largely useless/a detriment (due to a supposed bug making the thro rate extremely slow) and the downtime after it triggers. Main Event is more of a nuisance now rather than something you build up to. That being said, PTB trickster felt overall good besides the constant main event and addon reloading knives.

Now on the patch release, Trickster feels terrible to play. He feels extremely unrewarding and the game feels like it purposefully does not want me to use his power. With a static 3 knives/s throw rate, 8 knives-to-damage, AND 10 second laceration decay it feels terrible using his power. Especially since at 4.6 m/s simply M1 is stronger than his power in most situations. The current trickster is one of the worst feeling characters to play as---he feels sluggish and neutered. I think the team needs to focus on what they would like from a design perspective since all these tiny changes feel to be going in separate directions. Choose a movement speed and go from there. Either have:

• Movement speed: 4.6 m/s, ammo capacity: 60, damage: 8 knives, main event trigger: 30 knives, throw rate: 4 knives per second, laceration decay timer: 15 seconds, slow down while holding knives
    • Movement speed: 4.4 m/s, ammo capacity: 44, damage: 6 knives, main event trigger: 25-30 knives, throw rate: 3 knives per second, laceration decay timer: 15 seconds, NO slow down while holding knives, old death throes addon basekit
  • Shrimplover
    Shrimplover Member Posts: 34

Bhvr should have returned the money they had made from the Trickster costume back to him.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

All I've ever wanted is for the Trickster to go normal speed so I can wear a cool skin and hit stuff with a bat -- and this update gave me that, so I'm happy. For me, the character was unplayable before and now he's playable -- I understand why people who enjoyed throwing knives feel differently.

Also, as someone on controller, the knives feel a lot better, now. But I'm still personally happier with bat as the A option and knives as the B option, rather than the reverse.

• JDecker
    JDecker Member Posts: 21

* I'm not good speaking English. When I edited my post, it disappeared, so I'm reposting it.

Trickster's greatest feature as a killer is that he can "rapidly shot projectiles good feel and comfortably".

I think most people who like this killer use it because they enjoy throwing knives lightly and good feel.

Therefore, rather than adjusting the game balance by reducing the fun of throwing knives lightly and good feel, should focus on that fun, while adjusting the game balance in other ways.

Specific proposals are listed below.

Movement of starting and ending knife throwing stance:

Currently: Start = 0.35s , End = 1.25s

-> Start = 0.2s, End = 0.7s

* This allows Trickster to quickly switch between various movements and knife throwing, making it a killer that feels very good to operate. Also, make it easier for him to catch up to looping survivors, because it will reduce the amount of time he spends slow moving while holding the knife.

* It might be interesting to implement an add-on that speeds up these movements.

Aiming:

Among gamepad users, those who are not good at aiming using a gamepad may give up on using Trickster.

As an option for such people, it might be good to have an aim assist function limited to gamepad.

Throw Rate:

Currently: 3/s

-> Increase to within 3.3/s to 3.6/s

Laceration Meter capacity:

Currently: 8 Hits

I feel like 8 hits is just right. (This value may be increased or decreased a little, but I'd like you to consider it based on 8 hits for now.)

Laceration Meter Decay System:

Currently: Decay delay = 10s , Decay rate = -0.5c/s . It takes 24 seconds to decrease from meter 7 to 0.

-> Rework: Once the decay delay time has elapsed and the meter begins to decrease, and then the meter has decreased by one division, the meter will stop decreasing until the decay delay time has elapsed again. Repeat this. The Decay delay should be set to a longer time when the meter is low, and a shorter time when the meter is near full. Also make the decay rate faster.

Example: Decay delay = 14 - MeterCharges (seconds) , Decay rate = -1.0c/s . It takes 77 seconds to decrease from meter 7 to 0. When the meter is 7 the decrease starts after 7 seconds, when the meter decreases to 6.0 the decrease stops for 8 seconds, when the meter decreases to 5.0 the decrease stops for 9 seconds...

* As a result, if the knife fails to hit the target for a while, the survivor's meter will immediately decrease by about one division, but it will not decrease significantly in a short period of time. Therefore, it will be easier to increase or decrease the meter near full during the chase, making it easier for both the Trickster and the survivors to enjoy a heated and thrilling chase.

Main Event:

-> As an additional feature, by press the Main Event activate key during a melee attack, the melee attack movement will be interrupted and the Main Event will be activated! (Like the Cancel Combo in Fighting Game, so he will be possible to perform a combo that activates the Main Event immediately after the melee attack hits! It would definitely be more fun to be able to do it.)

-> The "Score Event Combos" not only increases the duration of the Main Event, also increases the Throw Rate of the Main Event as a new feature!

Score Event Combos:

-> It's too difficult to understand how much the next Main Event will be strengthened by completing a combo, which is unkind, so make it easier to understand with the graphics of the ability icons.

Example: When achieve the "S Combo" and the next Main Event is strengthened to the maximum, "S" will be displayed on the ability icon.

Ultra Rare Add-on "Iridescent Photocard":

-> If the blade shatter by the very rare add-on "Edge of Revival Album" hits a survivor, it will regard "Blade hit (+1% Haste Effect)" instead of "Blade didn't hit (loses Haste Effect)".

* This will make the combination of add-ons more interesting and fun.

Ultra Rare Add-on "Death Throes Compilation":

Currently: The Auras of Survivors hit during Main Event are revealed to you for 6 seconds.

-> Rework: Each time you hit survivors with a knife during the Main Event, one of the following effects will occur randomly on that survivor:

1. The Auras of survivors are revealed to you for a certain time.

2. Inflicts Blindness state on survivors for a certain time.

3. Inflicts Exhausted state on survivors for a certain time.

4. Inflicts Hindered state on survivors for a certain time.

5. Inflicts Mangled state on survivors for a certain time.

6. Inflicts Haemorrhage state on survivors for a certain time.

7. Inflicts Oblivious state on survivors for a certain time.

8. Survivors will scream and be unable to vaulting windows and dropping pallets for the next 1 seconds.(Like The Doctor's Shock Therapy)

Thank you for reading!

• Seladonia
    Seladonia Member Posts: 3

Just going to quote you, because I agree with everything you said, and you explain it much better than I can.

• Shrimplover
    Shrimplover Member Posts: 34

Give me my money back! 

• Capa
    edited December 2023

After playing Trickster some more, I think that this rework got a lot of things right. HOWEVER, the main glaring issue that Trickster has right now that is REALLY hurting him is his SLOW RATE OF FIRE on both his normal knives and Main Event, causing him to injure survivors much slower than before. I think if you were to increase his normal throw rate to 4 per second (making it so it takes only 2 seconds to take a health state with eight knives) and Main Event to 5 (not 6 since you get Main Event much more often now, otherwise it would be oppressive to survivors I feel), I think Trickster will feel much better as a killer. That's all he needs, is a small tweak/increase to his fire rate.

Otherwise, I think this rework is good. The buffs to his recoil, movement speed, and Main Event are all great, and even the increase to Laceration and decrease to decay allow for survivors more room to avoid Trickster's damage. But Trickster needs to be rewarded for constantly putting up pressure and I don't think this current update allows him to do that.

Please adjust. Thank you!

• Capa
    edited December 2023

After playing Trickster some more, I think that this rework got a lot of things right. HOWEVER, the main glaring issue that Trickster has right now that is REALLY hurting him is his slow rate of fire on both his normal knives and Main Event, causing him to injure survivors much slower than before. I think if you were to increase his normal throw rate to 4 per second (making it so it takes only 2 seconds to take a health state with eight knives) and Main Event to 5 (not 6 since you get Main Event much more often now, otherwise it would be oppressive to survivors I feel), I think Trickster will feel much better as a killer. There was no reason to nerf his base fire rate since the only OP aspect of the PTB was the infinite reload add-on. But now that that is gone, you went ahead and nerfed his fire rate for what reason? Please revert it back to 4 blades per second. That's all he needs, is a small tweak/increase to his fire rate.

Otherwise, I think this rework is good. The buffs to his recoil, movement speed, and Main Event are all great, and even the increase to Laceration and decrease to decay allow for survivors more room to avoid Trickster's damage. But Trickster needs to be rewarded for constantly putting up pressure and I don't think this current update allows him to do that.

Please adjust. Thank you!

Post edited by Capa on