Scratch Marks are still a problem...

Options
Xernoton
Xernoton Member Posts: 5,302

I've been enjoying Chucky for a couple games now but I have one big issue, not with Chucky but with scratch marks. They are incredibly hard to see as of late. There have been quite a few changes over the years and it was discussed before but I can't accept one of the core game tracking mechanics not working sufficiently.

I have tested it on different maps with different killers, different color blindness settings and even with and without the perk Predator (which only made it worse). Scratch marks are incredibly desaturated, thin and randomly spread to the point where more often than not a survivor could run me around a stone and as soon as I lose line of sight I can only trust my ears because I have pretty much no chance to keep track of them otherwise. This may not be an issue for some people, but let me remind you, there are people hard of hearing and people, who play without head phones (myself among them).

I am unsure of what exactly it is that the devs themselves knowingly changed and what might be bugged but let me try and explain what makes scratch marks so hard to follow. They look desaturated (not as vibrant as they did in the past, which makes them blend in with the environment), quite thin (each mark on its own seems significantly smaller than about 2 years back), there is a significant delay between the survivor running and the scratch marks appearing (allegedly a result of dedicated servers), scratch marks sometimes skip entire patches so they don't appear for a few metres and then continue on at a further distance, increasingly often there will be no scratch marks on walls right next to a survivor and only on the ground (especially hard to follow from a distance) and for some reason they appear around corners and doorways more often, which indicates that a survivor ran there, when they didn't.

This topic has appeared quite a few times over the past months / years and at this point it is unclear what does and doesn't work as intended, which is why I ask for the devs, to keep an eye on this and see, if you can't make some tweaks to help with this issue and for you, dear reader, to share your own experiences.

Comments

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

Personally, I adjust a "brightness of the effects" in the game through Nvidia Experience. (I will not bring a screenshot, it's all Russian anyway)

It's actually helped out, scratchmarks at least brighter now, but still spread out in such an awkward way, so I'm still second guessing (looking around) each time I turn corners...

But hey! At least I don't need to break my eyes to see them properly anymore!

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,302
    Options

That's great. It's just a little sad, that it got so bad to begin with.