The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The BBQ nerfs are giving me false info

wirh all of the counters to BBQ, such as lockers, Distortion, gen aura brightness, hiding behind gen auras, it convinces me that everyone is nearby, and that doesn’t really make it fun, especially how the survivor just sees me looking around nearby rocks to find survivors that learner there, it just is a little ironic that it convinces me to ‘camp’ more

Comments

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I dont like this, too.
    Survivors get tons of informations without and with perks.
    But killer must use perks for informations.
    Now the killer get false informations.

• ShyN3ko

I dont like this, too.

• doggieman
    doggieman Member Posts: 36

@ShyN3ko said:
    I dont like this, too.

Searching for survivors is a huge part of being killer you cannot expect the auras of all survivors to be shown to you every single time you do anything.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    edited January 2019

I actually can find survivors easier if they try to hide behind gens. It might be a bug or something that causes them to have a slight outline or have a bit brighter aura when hiding behind or on top (their back facing you) of the gen. But yeah, most cases I stand around the area and if I'm the Pig or Wraith with their aura add-ons I search the area.

• ShyN3ko

@doggieman said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    I dont like this, too.

Searching for survivors is a huge part of being killer you cannot expect the auras of all survivors to be shown to you every single time you do anything.

Yes but its rly annoying.
    Survivors have many informations.

Example:
    the survivor unhook someone
    survivor is exposed, because "Make your choice"
    survivor:"ok lets hide 60 seconds".

And killer must use perks for informations and now many informations are false.
    In my opinion both sides should have the same informations.
    And only with perks, they should get more informations.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@GT_Legend2 said:
    wirh all of the counters to BBQ, such as lockers, Distortion, gen aura brightness, hiding behind gen auras, it convinces me that everyone is nearby, and that doesn’t really make it fun, especially how the survivor just sees me looking around nearby rocks to find survivors that learner there, it just is a little ironic that it convinces me to ‘camp’ more

That's a mistake of yours. Knowing the perk has many counters if you don't see people you shouldn't assume they are all near.
    In any case I think it's ok that it has so many counters. Too many used it to camp more efficiently since they knew for certain that not seeing someone meant they were near, and that goes against the point of the aura reading.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

The locker idea is great.
    Other than that, you are right in my opinion.

• doggieman
    doggieman Member Posts: 36

@ShyN3ko said:

@doggieman said:

@ShyN3ko said:
    I dont like this, too.

Yes but its rly annoying.
    Survivors have many informations.

If you want to remove everything in the game that is "rly annoying" you're going to end up deleting the entire game.

@ShyN3ko said:

Example:
    the survivor unhook someone
    survivor is exposed, because "Make your choice"
    survivor:"ok lets hide 60 seconds".

And killer must use perks for informations and now many informations are false.
    In my opinion both sides should have the same informations.
    And only with perks, they should get more informations.

Your example makes no sense and isn't a valid reason to see the auras of survivors at all times. Survivors also need perks to see killer's auras so fairs fair.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    That's because you got used to play with BBQ. Drop it, get used to play without bbq and you'll see everything is fine.
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    BBQ is meta but not the best perk you can run. It’s not needed for higher ranks. I run Ruin, Nurses Calling, Deerstalker, and Brutal Strength on Spirit and tend to do pretty well at Rank 4. I haven’t even unlock BBQ because Leatherface is garbage and I only have him at Level 14.
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

The new changes aren't ideal for killer, but honestly, I think we should just role with it.

Now survivors have no reason to complain about BBQ anymore. Because there are so many counters for it now.

• TheWraith883
    TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

Why don't they just remove all the killers and make it a survivor game because the game is really ruined and no playable with killers?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Just because you don't see the survivor, doesn't mean you should assume they're nearby. I would say it's better to put pressure on the map than sit down and have tea with the hooked survivor. 

As for the statements about information, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. Survivors use perks for information, too, and it isn't false info to not see survivors. It's possible, even before the nerfs, that they had just came closer briefly to then turn around and run off. If you're wanting information, there's better perks for that. BBQ can be good for a general idea where people are and help locating survivors, but it's also for double blood points. 
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356
    edited September 2021

BBQ is best used for BP, with the auras a nice bonus you get sometimes. Looking at it any other way is a mistake in my opinion because, as you said, it has many counters. The BP are great so I always run it and I usually see at least one survivor, maybe more, but if BHVR got rid of the BP bonus I would drop the perk in a heartbeat because the aura reading isn’t that strong or necessary. If you don’t need the BP you’re better off with a different tracking perk.

And I just saw this thread is old AF but I can’t delete my comment. Idk why it showed up on the main page but okay.