New Demogorgon addon idea

Hey y'all! I've been playing Demo for awhile now, and have around 1000 hours invested in him. I've posted about this idea before, but have a couple small tweeks for it. Also, since Stranger Things is back, and there is an upcoming Demo change in Spring, this is alot more relevant. Anyways, let me know what you think about this addon idea below!

Unnamed addon: Whenever the Demogorgon teleports from one portal to another, all active portals on the map glow red as if the Demogorgon is about to emerge. Any survivor within an 8-meter range of the portal the Demogorgon actually emerges out of will be afflicted with the Hindered (5%) and Exhausted status effects for 5 seconds, once the Demogorgon has fully emerged. Any survivor within an 8-meter range of a fake portal emerging will be afflicted with the Deafness and Oblivious status effects for 10 seconds.

I think this addon will be fun to use, and keep survivors on their toes whenever you teleport, while also not being too strong. Let me know what you think, and if you would replace a current addon's effect with this effect!

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,395

so one of reasons why lepros lichen was so good as add-on for demo was because you could put closed portals at generators, tp through a nearby portal that was already opened, see everyone on generators then use one of closed portals to tp onto a gen.

without global lepros lichen, demo's portals are very ineffective in time efficiency. he has no base-kit information to use them and there is no good perks that give you information on generators for which portal to teleport on.

The only somewhat ok perk for info on demo is BBQ because it works on every hook but this means that demo has to commit to chases and get downs. The other possible perk combo is Oppression+Surveillance but this requires you to kick gens and oppression has 80 second cooldown. his anti-loop power is not good enough to straight to every chase and the time efficiency for survivor to break a portal is so minimal compare to the killer's time to walk to the gen and replace broken portals. It is like trapper trap problem.

one add-on that turns his portals into information system is Lifeguard whistle. The problem is that you have to place portals on generators and if survivors break your portals, you lose your information system and your teleport system. Lifeguard whistle is not as efficiency as old lepros lichen because demo only has 6 portals, so if he uses 1 portal as central control station tp, He has only has 5 other portals and he needs to double portal to use his teleport system and use info from lifeguard whistle in case survivors decide to break portals.

Demo needs a lot of base-kit buffs for demo to operate without lepros lichen. Virtually half of his kit is unusable with that add-on nerf. The only anti-shift w he has toward health-states is STBFL and dev want nerf this perk while his shred is not strong enough to stand on its own without stbfl. demo going need a lot of improvements with their upcoming spring changes.

Needs at least 11 portals, better shred cooldown, maybe faster wind-up so pre-dropping pallet is not such easy-mode counter to demo shred.