If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

No Kindred basekit even in 2024?

Options

Why does it have to take at least 8 years before solos start having the same information that SWF have? Let's already reduce this difference between them to make the game easier to balance. Of course, without killer's aura. I haven't seen any good arguments against this, and I believe that this and perks of other survivors on esc button in trial are the last necessary adjustments for survivors.

I don't even think that this will change much, because HUD already gives enough information for this. I'm hanging on the hook, one person is in a chase and the other two are just sitting on the gens, ignoring me on the hook – a common situation in my matches. Therefore, terrible players will continue to be terrible and come here to write about the "awful state of soloq", and it hardly gives good players a significant advantage. But if it will help someone not to stay on the hook until the second stage, who will oppose it?

Comments

• Avo
    Avo Member Posts: 190
    Options

Naaah

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

Rest assured, the Trickster will be nerfed.In the most recent PTB alone, Trickster was nerfed from the base kit when only the UR add-on should have been adjusted due to the survivor mains continuing to make loud noises.Chucky also remains in a tough position as a 4.4/m killer.

Survivor has gained an action visualization HUD implementation, base kit BT, and an un-defensible generator system named AFC in the last year or so.Despite the tweaks to the park, Survivor play is getting more comfortable every day with the various features implemented as a base kit.Don't give up, in 2025 you will probably get two or three enhancements including kindred in the base kit.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 240
    Options

Year, it is sad that we still don't have kindred basekit (not with killeraura but just with survivors aura), because this would give SoloQ a huge QoL buff.

In general, it is so sad that the developers does so little to make the SoloQ experiences better - kindred basekit and let the players see the perks of the other survivors in the lobby so I can better play with them. For how long are we bagging the developers for these two things?

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Does so little? Maybe you've been playing for a few months, but in recent years soloq has become incomparably better. No need in BT anyomre, HUD literally game changing sometimes and gives so much useful info. Hook graps is gone and you don't even need 2 people to save from hook + you don't have to deal with facecampers.

So when I read "solo in the worst state ever", I immediately think that either this person has been playing the game for literally several months, or he is a very vile hypocrite.

• HolyDarky
    HolyDarky Member Posts: 240
    Options

I play the game long enough to remember how it feels when another survivor unhooks you without BT. Also don't put words in my mouth that I've never said, ty.

You also must differentiate: The HUD is a specific soloQ QoL change, while basekit BT, anti-facecamp mechanic, and no hookgrabs are a in general QoL change for the survivor gameplay experience - BT because it was unavoidable at this point and the other two for a better experience. Of cause, soloq got a little bit more better than swf with these changes but this is more of a sideeffect. In the end, year I would say they do little for soloq experience because the gab is still huge between a soloq and a swf when one side has to use perks and the other side not or if one side has to play with less information than the otherside. Thus, soloq will never be as good as swf but make it more enjoyable and better is possible but for this, the developers must to more QoL changes for soloq.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,164
    edited December 2023
    Options

Even if it matches what a swf might be able to do it also just makes swfs stronger as well, accurate information vs perfect information. Plus it doesn't even solve the problem if the killer has blindness perks and effects. It wouldn't be a one stop solution unless it also completely circumvented killer status effects like blindness which would just be a slap in the face for the current weakest status effect in the game.

Its hard to do "QOL" because its not really QOL its direct basekit buffs that can drastically change game balance then a lot of work has to be done around it to even get it's foot in the door if its actually impactful