Can we revisit the bnp nerf?

Options
HeroLives
HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
I feel like it needs a buff. For the amount of points it takes to grab one on the blood web ,the in game use is deeply unsatisfying. Proposal it does 40-50% of a generator. Can consume toolbox. 

Comments

• HeroLives
    Options
    Or they could reduce the rarity. It doesn't feel like a pink add-on as is. 
    Yeah I’d be down for that too. It’s more like a yellow add on. So put and price it there Bc as it is I try my very best to just avoid them.
  • BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

I'm all for downing the rarity but it was nerfed for a reason because it was stupid that a SWF group could just instantly repair up to 4 generators, if of course they hit the skill checks. It really isn't worth the points and it's definitely not worthy of being ultra rare.

Buffing is definitely a bad idea but decreasing the rarity is justifiable.

• Vert3x
    Vert3x Member Posts: 125
    Options

@BrendanLeeT said:
    I'm all for downing the rarity but it was nerfed for a reason because it was stupid that a SWF group could just instantly repair up to 4 generators, if of course they hit the skill checks. It really isn't worth the points and it's definitely not worthy of being ultra rare.

One thing that I never understood, about the old brand new part and about instablinds (as well as instaheals which are still a thing) is why they didn't want to simply make sure that only one per type could be brought in a game.
    It wouldn't be that hard, the good old instablinds were quite fun to use, but sure a killer had a ######### time when dealing with 2 or more of them at a time. And same for the old instagen brand new parts.

• HeroLives
    Options
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

One thing that I never understood, about the old brand new part and about instablinds (as well as instaheals which are still a thing) is why they didn't want to simply make sure that only one per type could be brought in a game.
    It wouldn't be that hard, the good old instablinds were quite fun to use, but sure a killer had a ######### time when dealing with 2 or more of them at a time. And same for the old instagen brand new parts.

I made a post saying that they should of implemented the same one per match for that specific item add -on at time thing instead of nerfing. Great minds think a like.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@HeroLives said:
    I feel like it needs a buff. For the amount of points it takes to grab one on the blood web ,the in game use is deeply unsatisfying. Proposal it does 40-50% of a generator. Can consume toolbox. 

The gens are done way too fast without even any toolbox/addon

• HeroLives
    Options
    Master said:

@HeroLives said:

The gens are done way too fast without even any toolbox/addon

It needs to change one way or another. Bc bnp is Broken. Asks for refund.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

So only one can use it, but all 4 survivors have it in their loadout, and want it bad enough to argue over who gets it. What then?
  • HeroLives
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

So only one can use it, but all 4 survivors have it in their loadout, and want it bad enough to argue over who gets it. What then?
    Simply it Becomes unavaible upon the first person picking it. Like in the new cod 4 where first come first served to the character theY want to play in blackout. It greys out immediately once the first person added it
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    HeroLives said:
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

Simply it Becomes unavaible upon the first person picking it. Like in the new cod 4 where first come first served to the character theY want to play in blackout. It greys out immediately once the first person added it
    What if all 4 people put it into their loadout before they go onto the lobby?

Does CoD 4 have a mechanism to keep people from backing out of a match if they can't get the character they want?
  • HeroLives
    Options
    HeroLives said:
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

Does CoD 4 have a mechanism to keep people from backing out of a match if they can't get the character they want?
    Put it where you select add ons in killer lobby. The way cod 4 is set up everyone loads into game lobby the quickest gets who they picked you pick a different character if selected. Idk if there’s a block to back out Bc I’ve never tried to back out. I just pick another character I like.
  • Vert3x
    Options

@HeroLives said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

HeroLives said:

Rebel_Raven said:

Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

Put it where you select add ons in killer lobby. The way cod 4 is set up everyone loads into game lobby the quickest gets who they picked you pick a different character if selected. Idk if there’s a block to back out Bc I’ve never tried to back out. I just pick another character I like.

It wouldn't be that hard to design and develop anything like that. If more than a person with x addon on joins a lobby, either randomly or with a solid criteria, one is them is notified that he'll be able to keep x on, while the other will have the addon taken off itself, greyed out, locked and will be notified immediately about the occurrence as well, maybe getting his menu directly open to select another addon for the item.

This all could also apply to perks such as DS, so that the entire bullshit about having survivors using it without the killer being able to predict it stops.

A vaguely similar system should be applied to the killer as well, the amount of strong stuff (either it being perks, offerings or addons) should be regulated based on how many people are in SWF groups, and everyone in the lobby should always be aware on who is in a premade group and who isn't, which could probably end up letting swf groups stay together even when the killer lobby dodges or anything like that happens, since survivors would be just flagged to be in a swf team together.

Aaah, how many nice ways the game could improve that the developers will ignore for sure. I don't really blame them in the end, who doesn't love getting moried by a nurse while playing solo? Or how about getting 4 decisive strikes and 4 instaheals while trying to get the adept wraith achievement?

• HeroLives
    Options
    Vert3x said:

@HeroLives said:
    Rebel_Raven said:

HeroLives said:

Rebel_Raven said:

Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

It wouldn't be that hard to design and develop anything like that. If more than a person with x addon on joins a lobby, either randomly or with a solid criteria, one is them is notified that he'll be able to keep x on, while the other will have the addon taken off itself, greyed out, locked and will be notified immediately about the occurrence as well, maybe getting his menu directly open to select another addon for the item.

This all could also apply to perks such as DS, so that the entire bullshit about having survivors using it without the killer being able to predict it stops.

A vaguely similar system should be applied to the killer as well, the amount of strong stuff (either it being perks, offerings or addons) should be regulated based on how many people are in SWF groups, and everyone in the lobby should always be aware on who is in a premade group and who isn't, which could probably end up letting swf groups stay together even when the killer lobby dodges or anything like that happens, since survivors would be just flagged to be in a swf team together.

Aaah, how many nice ways the game could improve that the developers will ignore for sure. I don't really blame them in the end, who doesn't love getting moried by a nurse while playing solo? Or how about getting 4 decisive strikes and 4 instaheals while trying to get the adept wraith achievement?

It was imbalanced the way item add ons were especially on quantity, I just don’t like the way they went about it. But it’s liveable 
  • BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272
    Options

@Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

This would have been much better and the survivors have a minute in the lobby so if a survivor already has BNP equipped then it simply removes it from the survivors that join afterwards. At that point, there will have more than enough time to change their loadout such as completely changing item or just getting a new set of addons.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

Instablinds were insane imagine if the docs shock caused the expose effect with iridescent king. Billys saw inflicted no mither. Making an item ultra rare dosent excuse it from having a unbalanced broken effect.

Their is very limited coumterplay to an instablind that btw also has its duration increased. This supposedly crap bnp has been clutch for me getting me many unsafe gens. Its fine as is and ultra rare does not justify being broken unless you also combine disadvantages. Op instablind lights, bnps need a massive negative to justify its existence. 

Iridescent heads huntress for example has her ammo dramatically reduced to accomodate for her ridiclous power. Freddys paimt brush gives him a potential 0 tr freddy at the cost of ms. Myers judith tombstone reduces ms to allow him to mori multiple targets. 

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

The devs haven't even addressed gen rushing yet. It doesn't seem smart to enable SWF groups to be even more toxic.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Please this. Right now, bnp is not worthy of the BP.
    Post edited by DocFabron on
  • Vert3x
    Options

@Zarathos said:
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

Instablinds were insane imagine if the docs shock caused the expose effect with iridescent king. Billys saw inflicted no mither. Making an item ultra rare dosent excuse it from having a unbalanced broken effect.

Their is very limited coumterplay to an instablind that btw also has its duration increased. This supposedly crap bnp has been clutch for me getting me many unsafe gens. Its fine as is and ultra rare does not justify being broken unless you also combine disadvantages. Op instablind lights, bnps need a massive negative to justify its existence. 

Iridescent heads huntress for example has her ammo dramatically reduced to accomodate for her ridiclous power. Freddys paimt brush gives him a potential 0 tr freddy at the cost of ms. Myers judith tombstone reduces ms to allow him to mori multiple targets. 

Well, if there's one certain thing is that it made no sense to have the blindness lasting longer, I'd be fine with that going away, maybe for the blindness lasting longer they could create a different set of addons, and the odd bulbs and all the classical stuff should give you faster blind but shorter blindness effect to balance it.

Instablinds could be however anticipated and dodged, but I do understand how bullshit it was sometimes to deal with them (the old survivors camping around the corner and instablinding while you were carrying someone were pure aids).

What if they reintroduced them by making the Odd Bulb a 2/3 times usage thing, which would only consume the addon? That could fit in, in the end the whole reason why they made the pickup animation require a timing to blind a killer and perform a save at first was to incentive people to use strong add-ons on their flashlights to be able to quickly blind the killer while he's carrying another survivor and while he could potentially dodge the beam.

That old times change that they made to the pick up animation to have flashlight stun immunity (summer of 2016, if I'm not wrong), even though it eventually made flashlight saving just more skillwise, was first designed to make sure that the killer didn't have people rescued off his shoulders while he didn't have a proper chance to dodge the flashlight beam.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options
    HeroLives said:
    No
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

@Vert3x said:

@Zarathos said:
    Vert3x said:

@BrendanLeeT said:

Well, if there's one certain thing is that it made no sense to have the blindness lasting longer, I'd be fine with that going away, maybe for the blindness lasting longer they could create a different set of addons, and the odd bulbs and all the classical stuff should give you faster blind but shorter blindness effect to balance it.

Instablinds could be however anticipated and dodged, but I do understand how bullshit it was sometimes to deal with them (the old survivors camping around the corner and instablinding while you were carrying someone were pure aids).

What if they reintroduced them by making the Odd Bulb a 2/3 times usage thing, which would only consume the addon? That could fit in, in the end the whole reason why they made the pickup animation require a timing to blind a killer and perform a save at first was to incentive people to use strong add-ons on their flashlights to be able to quickly blind the killer while he's carrying another survivor and while he could potentially dodge the beam.

That old times change that they made to the pick up animation to have flashlight stun immunity (summer of 2016, if I'm not wrong), even though it eventually made flashlight saving just more skillwise, was first designed to make sure that the killer didn't have people rescued off his shoulders while he didn't have a proper chance to dodge the flashlight beam.

Instas as a one time empowered blind might work maybe five seconds after you activate the flashlight it will have an empowered blind and then be consumed. That would be more reasonable.