New game mode

Options

Me and my friends were talking about a new game mode to spice things up for everyone. I came up with the idea that there could be two killers and 8 survivors. The killers would be split into two sections of the map along with 4 survivors with each killer. They would have to complete 4 generators on both sides. Then unlocking the gates that are on both sides which also unlocks the barrier in the middle making it harder for the survivors. This is a extremely big request considering you would have to create new maps specifically suited for a bigger game style. Hopefully this will be thought about and if this is unable to happen maybe consider just in general adding in a fun new game mode. What do we think? Open to suggestions 🙂

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

I know your new here but, that is the 50th post about a 2 killer 8 survivor mode

• MeG12345
    MeG12345 Member Posts: 15
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    I know your new here but, that is the 50th post about a 2 killer 8 survivor mode

My bad! I didn’t think that many people had the same idea!

• Hoodied
    Options

@MeG12345 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

My bad! I didn’t think that many people had the same idea!

I like the idea and all, but there is too many issues with this, I can name them, but that would take some time

• MeG12345
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:
    I like the idea and all, but there is too many issues with this, I can name them, but that would take some time

I agree with you on that as well that’s why I added in that if they couldn’t do it maybe it would be possible for them to add in a smaller game mode and just mix it up a bit 🙂🤷🏼‍♀️ I appreciate the feed back tho 💖

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Or or, hear me out, 8 killers and 2 survivors :p

Joking aside, I do like the idea of having two killers versus eight survivors. I feel like that'd be fun. How they'd do this I have no idea, but I know they are thinking of it.

• Hoodied
    Options

Here is one example, one can camp while the other looks for survivors

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

As long as it's Leatherdaddy or Daddy Myers.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Shad03 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

As long as it's Leatherdaddy or Daddy Myers.

true leathery boi is a powerful foe when camping

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

50th post in the last couple of months.

The 2v8 mode was suggested within the first week of the game's release over 2 years ago.

• Hoodied
    edited January 2019
    Options

@TheBean said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

50th post in the last couple of months.

The 2v8 mode was suggested within the first week of the game's release over 2 years ago.

sorry, I started the game in 2017, did not enter the forums with my original account until 2018 july, alivebydeadight, not banned

• MeG12345
    Options

@ToxicFengM1n said:

That’s why I said the map would have a barrier split in the middle so that it’s basically 2 games happening in one and only once all the gens are done does the barrier go down depending on how many they have killed and because both sides need all 4 gens done if one side gets wiped out the hatch opens for the other side.

• MeG12345
    Options

@Shad03 said:
    Or or, hear me out, 8 killers and 2 survivors :p

Joking aside, I do like the idea of having two killers versus eight survivors. I feel like that'd be fun. How they'd do this I have no idea, but I know they are thinking of it.

Glad to know you like the idea! Im not sure how they would do it either but it’s if they can’t do this hopefully they will add in a small game mode! 😄

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options
    i would honest like to play a game mode with Legion bwing like
    4 survivors and 2 "traitors" the traitors job is to keep the others inside without being noticed as traitors. Would be fun imo
  • Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options
    As much as I think the 8v2 game mode would be interesting I just feel like it would be much of the same.

One idea I'm in the process of working on is 4v2v4 where two teams of survivors work against one another to be the one team allowed to escape due to limited resources all the while two killers are out there to eliminate them.
  • MeG12345
    Options

@Dokta_Carter said:
    i would honest like to play a game mode with Legion bwing like
    4 survivors and 2 "traitors" the traitors job is to keep the others inside without being noticed as traitors. Would be fun imo

That’s such a great idea!! You should definitely post it! ✨😄

• MeG12345
    Options

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    As much as I think the 8v2 game mode would be interesting I just feel like it would be much of the same.

One idea I'm in the process of working on is 4v2v4 where two teams of survivors work against one another to be the one team allowed to escape due to limited resources all the while two killers are out there to eliminate them.

Another great idea!! I agree with you on the idea that it would be the same. You’re idea would be so much fun! ✨😄

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    edited January 2019
    Options

I am all for it, and despite a few survivors saying it could never work (likely out of fear of killers utilizing the same tools as survivors: verbal.communicarion) it is viable and feasible but would require a few game tweaks for that mode.

You wouldn't need 8 survivors. Six would probably work.

You would have to add an exit gate and probab!y a few gens.

You would have to limit certain perks and adjust them accordingly (ie some perks would have to affect the "team", both for killer and survivor).

With dedicated servers, the chief complaint of lag is off the table and it becomes feasible.

Tl;dr: yes. It actually could work and there are plenty of folks who want it and I believe it may be coming, despite the vocal few who will try to shoot it down.

• MeG12345
    Options

@Attackfrog said:
    I am all for it, and despite a few survivors saying it could never work (likely out of fear of killers utilizing the same tools as survivors: verbal.communicarion) it is viable and feasible but would require a few game tweaks for that mode.

You wouldn't need 8 survivors. Six would probably work.

You would have to add an exit gate and probab!y a few gens.

You would have to limit certain perks and adjust them accordingly (ie some perks would have to affect the "team", both for killer and survivor).

With dedicated servers, the chief complaint of lag is off the table and it becomes feasible.

Tl;dr: yes. It actually could work and there are plenty of folks who want it and I believe it may be coming, despite the vocal few who will try to shoot it down.

Awesome thank you for that and your support! ✨💖

• Hoodied
    edited January 2019
    Options

@MeG12345 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

That’s why I said the map would have a barrier split in the middle so that it’s basically 2 games happening in one and only once all the gens are done does the barrier go down depending on how many they have killed and because both sides need all 4 gens done if one side gets wiped out the hatch opens for the other side.

then would that be fair if its a 2vx less than 4?

• MeG12345
    Options

It’s not a completely thought out game mode🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m sure if the dbd team wanted to put this in they will altar it to suit ✨👍🏻

• Hoodied
    Options

@MeG12345 said:

It’s not a completely thought out game mode🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m sure if the dbd team wanted to put this in they will altar it to suit ✨👍🏻

true, they will set it up oddly tho

• Attackfrog
    Options

@MeG12345 said:

@Khroalthemadbomber said:

Another great idea!! I agree with you on the idea that it would be the same. You’re idea would be so much fun! ✨😄

I think the 4v2v4 would be a great idea. It would be fun if the killers couldn't tell who was on which team, but the survivors (obviously) could (maybe a glow similar to the killer's red stain that only survivors could see).

Imagine the post game salt!

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

the thing its that devs wont do it cuz it will be bad and i will tell you
    1.-1 killer camps the survivor while the other hunts (bad)
    2.-2 killers goes to attack or corner a very good survivor (bad)
    3.-perks of the killers will be insane an example nurse and legion or trapper hag or spirit doctor
    etc.

• MeG12345
    Options

@Tru3Lemon said:
    3.-perks of the killers will be insane an example nurse and legion or trapper hag or spirit doctor
    etc.

You guys need to read my game mode correctly the map would be split into two one killer on the left and one of the right with 4 survivors stuck with one killer on either side. The killer or survivors CANNOT pass over the barrier until all 4 gens are up DEPEDNING on how many they have killed. It’s like to see which team can get their gens up the fastest. If one side manages to die the hatch opens for the other cause each side MUST power their gens before the door opens

• Attackfrog
    Options

@Tru3Lemon said:

No different than camping now. Even with 1 killer hunting, they are still 5+ survivors roaming, which is actually better odds for survivor than current game (5vs1 as opposed to the current 4vs1). when you look at it like that, I would think survivors would PREFER this mode..

Same as a killer tunneling 1 survivor in current game. Currently, tunneling 1 survivor leaves 3 free to roam. If BOTH killers are tunneling just 1 survivor, this, again, leaves 5+ survivors to freely roam the map. I am not sure how this is bad for survivors since it actually leaves better ratio than the current game.

etc.

Perks would have to be reworked, but then again, so would many survivor perks. They would likely have to do an entire revamp of how and which perks would affect the team or have single survivor/killer effect.

Tl;dr - aside from the work involved in reworking the maps and perks, I am not seeing a downside.