If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Nurse blink recharge logic should be similiar to Wesker's

Options

I should say i really love concept of faster power recharge for splitting up your pressure and i hope to see it in future again on other killers besides Wesker and Singu's overclock mode. But i believe Nurse MUST have this feature in her basekit.

Personally, i think her range blink addons never were a problem, because with them it was much easier to make a mistake and fly over the target. My main problem with Nurse has always been recharging her blinks. It doesn't matter that she made a mistake, and you played well and avoided her attack – immediately after the fatigue, she will be able to repeat her attack.

So imo her power should work like this:

0 people injured - blink recharge time 6 sec

1 people injured - blink recharge time 5,25 sec

2 people injured - blink recharge time 4,5 sec

3 people injured - blink recharge time 3,75 sec

4 people injured - blink recharge time 3 sec

I think it also goes well with her lore.

In the same time i don't think we could butcher the only killer who can handle competitive SWF (if they will kill Blight's speed addons, i don't think he will be viable against strong teams). So maybe give her 4,0 instead? At least we could test it.

Comments

• Everllark
    Everllark Member Posts: 12
    Options

So you want to turn nurse into trickster and make her 4.6? Because a nurse doesn't just use her blinks for chases she also used them for navigation because she's slower than the survivors when she's walking.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 352
    Options

I don't think this concept works very well for nurse. She is the only killer in the game who is 100% reliant on her power. Limiting it could break her, especially in chase. On most maps, nurses only strength is her chase. her map mobility averages to around the same speed as a normal walking killer. Her insane chase potential is all that makes up for it, so forcing her to spread pressure and keep people injured all over the map just doesnt work. If we're nerfing nurse then it should be through adding counterplay and punishing misplays. Like bringing back lightburn and stun fatigue or smth idk.

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,127
    Options

I do not know if you are only reading what you want or just ignoring it, but I literally suggested making her base speed faster instead.

Wesker doesn't ignore everything on the map, his power significantly weaker. I still don't see problems change her power recharge (which you can still make the same as now by pressuring) and make her same speed as survivors, so you don't lose distance. I think it's healthier, when you need to be punished for missing with strongest power in the game and also need to earn it in some way as Oni does.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,635
    Options

If you make her base speed faster than that of the survivor, which would be needed to not mess her up with those changes you are taking away the only counterplay she has, line of sight blocking and making her mess up a blink and then make distance... If she is not forced to blink anymore, then this whole thing does not work.

• Archol123
    Options

Arguably Oni has the strongest power in the game. But some say so others so.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,645
    edited December 2023
    Options

Oni would be nurse-level if he had strongest power in the game

=====================

I don't think dynamic power recharge rate is good because when a player is not applying pressure, they're losing more so their cooldown is worse. When player is excelling at applying pressure, he will have shorter cooldown and therefore have more potencial chances to apply pressure. This is lose-more or win-more as mechanic with recharge rate. Recharge-rates should be balanced off some static number.

dynamic power recharge-rate works for Oni because his entire design is exactly about snowballing and winning more or losing more therefore being starved. The only issue with current concept of Oni is that Oni feels starved when he uses his power correctly and has no power at all if he gets no hits. Against strong teams, there is no point where you feel that you are feasting. It is either neutral or starving. The reason why I think it feels like that way is that -7 second penalty for putting survivors in the dying state because it drains a lot of his power gauge for successfully applying pressure. It makes Oni feel obliged to proxy-camp with demon fury rather aggressively pursue chases vs gen-rushing survivors resulting a reduction in his fun factor.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,164
    Options

at 4.0m/s she would still be 100% reliant on her power whether they read it or not also all this does is reward the nurse for snowballing, the meta with this would just to be slug survivors and use anti healing perks. Its not an improvement and it wouldn't make her fun for either side

• Archol123
    edited December 2023
    Options

Oni's power is time limited and he has a rough early game, Nurse does not have either of those things... Makes a big difference.

Like honestly just ask yourself if Oni had his power up 100% do you really think he would not be the strongest killer in the game?

Post edited by Archol123 on
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,411
    Options

I don’t think that really works for Nurse. Nurse is slow and as such she is fully dependent on her power. She cannot hit anyone without blinking, so her power recharge needs to be fast for that reason, otherwise she would feel really bad to play. The only problem with her recharge time was the recharge addons and those are gone now.

Increasing her movement speed to compensate for a longer recharge would take away survivors' ability to make as much distance on her which is a significant component of her counterplay.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

if Oni had his power up 100% do you really think he would not be the strongest killer in the game?

not really. i think both nurse, blight with best add-on's and chucky are superior to Oni with perma ability. I do agree he would be top-killer though.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

I didn't ignore it, but until this response, I didn't understand it when you said, "So maybe give her 4,0 instead?"

So, I assume you mean 4m/s now. Honestly, I was genuinely confused what you were talking about until now.

• Archol123
    Options

How even? Insta down, super speed, 180° flicks and what not, there is just no way they would be better my man ^^

• Devil_hit11
    edited December 2023
    Options

i have had games with Oni where I have had my ability almost every chase and outplayed the survivor in 1-2 dash with them attempting to outplay the ability and have still lost when playing for hooks. games like that have convinced me that it is not Oni's chase. it is the fact that even spending 10-20 seconds walking to the red orbs on a generator where survivor are not healing entire trial and major gen-rushing is too much time wasted for Oni. he is too inefficient regardless how effective your individual chases are. that is why his strategy is suppose to be slugging however slugging strong survivor is inaccessible if all 4 survivor are extremely good at looping Oni because each individual survivor will take 1/2 half Oni demon bar just to down.

weak/low mmr survivors on the other hand are so easy to down that you can sometimes down 3 people in 1 demon fury in span of 30 seconds. That is why people think Oni is strong. it is because at lower levels, survivors play so poorly that a single usage of demon fury is like game-ending where as vs good players, a single usage of demon fury is just 1 of many demon fury needed to close out the game.

• Archol123
    Options

First of all... This does in no way explain why Oni would not be the best killer in the game if he had his power up the entire time, Second if you have watched comp players doing scrims on Oni you will see that Oni performs quite good against good players as well.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

i have not watched any scrims for comp Oni. my point is that you should not be getting 1-2 kills when your successfully in demon fury for most of the game. He is obviously not a bad killer so he has potencial to down survivors at strong loops but my point is that he is not time efficient enough for the game. Demon fury is like any other anti-loop tool. it is just that anti-loop tool limited by a supposed dynamic cooldown. that dynamic cooldown is what keeps Oni from being a consistent strong killer.

• Archol123
    Options

If you have no duration to his power but have it the entire time he would be the strongest killer in the game... This is my whole point... Sure with his power being limited in time he is obviously not the strongest... But my point was his power is the strongest in the game and therefore has to be balanced out by being time limited, he can outplay most loops and can do 180° flicks and break pallets faster and it is an instant down... We can continue this argument but under the condition that his power would be up the entire time I don't see how it should be different...