We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Original Killer Idea - Bloody Mary

Options
kevlo7
kevlo7 Member Posts: 4

I’ve been thinking on this idea for a new killer I would like to share:

Killer: Bloody Mary - The Legend

Lore: Mary was a beautiful girl. So beautiful that her parents hid her away from the rest of the world to keep for their own. She was kept in her room like a caged pet, her parents only visiting to feed and look upon her maintained “perfection”. The only constant company she had was her reflection in a large vanity mirror. In this mirror, she would brush her hair and stare endlessly at her face, searching for any imperfection. As she got older, the isolation of her existence crept madness into her mind, and she became obsessive with her appearance. She would desperately attempt to keep her outward appearance beautiful, hiding the insanity that was creating a monster within her. The more she tried to hide it, the stronger it would become, until one day it was finally released. She smashed the mirror into shards, shards that she used to murder her parents as they rushed into her room. With the shattering of the mirror, the monster within had taken over, and she stabbed multiple shards into her body, attempting to release the evil from her body, but it was too late. The blood poured from the wounds, and her appearance matched the madness that had taken over her. In her final act alive, she took one last shard and gouged both her eyes out, blood pouring from them like tears mourning the death of the goodness in her. Eventually, word was spread of the murders and suicide of Mary and its gruesome tale gave her the infamous title of “Bloody Mary”. This infamy led to children creating a game where they summoned Bloody Mary in the mirror by saying her name three times by only the light of candle. Little did they know, Mary was an evil spirit lying in wait, the mirrors acting as portals for her to re-enter the world of the living, and stories began spreading of children found dead in front of a broken mirror with their eyes gouged out. The legend created terror, but curiosity still was stronger than the fear, and the legend allowed her to spread her evil to innumerable victims that uttered her name. This caught the attention of another evil, The Entity, who transported her to its own realm, where the monster within could roam free.

Appearance: A young woman covered in glass shards that drench her Victorian-style white tattered dress in blood. She also has empty eye sockets with blood pouring from them down her face. She crawls on the ground like a predatory creature, with a long glass shard in her hand that she uses as her weapon. 

Unique Abilities: The map is full of mirrors that Bloody Mary can crawl through to transport across the map quickly, but are broken once she goes through one, unable to be used again. Survivors can also break the mirrors so she cannot use them, but that alerts her of where they are. She can also use the power of the legend to fix a mirror, her name recited three times out loud as it fixes itself, allowing her to reuse them.

Would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, any other ideas for this character to build off of it. Also any survivor ideas to go with her. It’s been an idea in my head so I figured I would put it out into the world