We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Why do you use map offerings?

Options
HerInfernalMajesty
HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 834

I am curious to see why most people pick map offerings. I personally use them for aesthetic reasons depending on the type of feeling I want for the next match.

But I also know that many people choose map offerings for strategic reasons. Why do you use map offerings?

Whatever your answer is, what is it about the aesthetics/strategy that you make you choose?

Why do you use map offerings? 37 votes

Aesthetic reasons
48%
HerInfernalMajestyXyvieliaHPhoenixGeneralVcrystalkittiMarc_go_soloAurelleHugTheHagsaintjimmy456MechWarrior3RareFantom47Ariel_StarshineTheSingularityAstelCountMoneyboneAzrael_Moriexzachelyelipsxicon 18 votes
Strategic reasons
51%
xEaChordycepsInsaneCoasterFFirebranddLeFennecFoxkit_masonSpare_Them_Mori_Mehalcyondays93CorvusCorax86mikewelkDepressedlegionDubsaroniRFSa09corpsedanceomg_is_that_jesusBigHeadAssBafugabooSelfpreservatedTommyDorkelson 19 votes

Comments

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
    Strategic reasons

It is actually neither of those. I simply use them when i am tired of getting one terrible map after another like Nostromo, Toba Landing, RPD or other indoor maps.

Then i use mostly McMillian, Autohaven, Crotus Prenn or Coldwind Farm. They are equaly ballanced and for both sides enjoyable.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options
    Strategic reasons

I rarely use them but I remember using them for the RCPD challenge.

If it is not a map specific challenge or achievement I sometimes use an offering as I believe a challenge can be easier done on a specific map (e.g. for stuns go to pallet-ridden maps).

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I haven’t used any map offerings since the beginning of the year except once and that was because my friend had a daily they wanted to do and they asked me to bring the map offering for it

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 547
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

I use map offering for meme reasons.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 834
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

What do you enjoy the most about maps? The art style or the gameplay?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options
    Strategic reasons

The gameplay aspect, but it does not hurt if a map is also pretty.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I wanna add something

honestly I would love it if the devs could make badham balanced but keep its aesthetic cause I sometimes wanna bring the offering for it but I end up not doing so cause it’s not a fun map for the killer side and I’m also always low on bloodpoints so I usually just bring blood party streamers or escape cake offerings

• RareFantom47
    RareFantom47 Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

I mean, technically it's strategic to send Myers to RPD, but it gives an atmosphere to the trial if you know what I mean. I pick maps that I think are gonna be fun for both sides.

I do it for the fun of the game rather than a competitive advantage.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,807
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

It's simply whether they appear in the randomizer or not. Probably confuses the crap out of Survivors when my Hillbilly bring The Game to the table, but it makes for a challenge!

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 137
    Options

to not be sent to swamp or rpd

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,661
    Options
    Strategic reasons

More specifically I use them to go to maps that synergize with the power of the killer I'm playing. Midwich offerings on Dredge, RPD offerings on Nemesis, etc.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

Usually I use map offerings when I'm tired of getting the same maps over and over.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options
    Strategic reasons

Scratched Mirror Myers

Trying to do that without a map offering is just asking to have a bad time.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

neither. Be it for challenge reasons (say the game for a pallets challenge), or because i dont want to go emptyhanded into the amtch lol

I usually choose ome at random to offer

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Strategic reasons

I often use Midwich as survivor. Reason being is I know its one of the best maps for a lot of killers. As a survivor, I feel if I can improve, it'll be on maps that are clearly killer sided. I enjoy the challenge :)

R.I.P. if its nurse lol

• kit_mason
    kit_mason Member Posts: 241
    Options
    Strategic reasons

I think it's more nuanced than "Aesthetic" vs "Strategic" - I use them for achievement hunting, mostly. If I need to get a main building gen and escape I'll lock the map until I run out or get it.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

Realms are one of my most fav parts of DBD.

I don’t care which side is considered favored in a realm, or whichever role I happen to be playing at the time; When I feel like enjoying a certain vibe that any particular realm I wanna enjoy offers, I’m going to use that offering.

Atmosphere is everything for me, especially while gaming. I love immersing myself in the surroundings and DBD does well at providing that pleasing aesthetic to be enveloped within. It’s the enhancement to my fun levels, and where I prefer to be, casually speaking, as opposed to concerning myself with feeling the need to ever sweat or go overboard for a W.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options
    Aesthetic reasons

When i first started playing it was for SH. I kept using Mary's letter lol. Probably one of the coolest maps. That and RPD. I thought it was so neat when they had a replica of the one from the rer2 remake before they changed it.