We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Overwatch 2 reward systems are actually depressing.

Options
OrangeBear
OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,141
edited December 2023 in Off-topic

I'll explain what's going on here.

Overwatch 2 is doing what is essentially a Winter Battle Pass.

I'll cut to chase and say the thing that i hate the most about it. Even if you upgrade to the premium pass you can't even unlock everything.

All the rewards amount up to at least 660 but this is assuming you can get all the name cards for 10 but it probably won't be so you most likely will need more.

And you can only earn up to 480 after paying essentially £5 for this seasonal battle pass when there already is a regular one at the same time!

You are also forced to come back each week for three weeks because there is a cap of earning 160 each week. You earn these tickets by playing matches, but it goes faster if you win. I am not aware of the numbers but even without knowing that i think it's bad.

I just feel like they are asking way too much and the rewards aren't good enough.

The fact you can't even get everything in the fair pass after paying for it is the thing that makes me the most sad because it's christmas, this is a digital video game and even after paying for this seasonal battle pass and grinding to earn the tickets you still have to choose what you can't have.

Seriously, #########!

Comments

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 544
    Options

"even after paying for this seasonal battle pass and grinding to earn the tickets you still have to choose what you can't have".

EEEEUGH!

And I was over here thinking the holiday trinkets were annoying. Thanks for reminding me that dbd's not all that bad.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 444
    Options

"Overwatch 2 is actually depressing" would sum up the game pretty much.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,225
    Options

The soul of Overwatch died the day OW 2 went live.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    Options

I never thought I'd say this but they made something worse than lootboxes. How do you ######### up monitization and the grind to the point its so hostile people want loot boxes back? Thats not even to say about the gameplay changes which just made it more frustrating and more strict for everyone.

• KateMain86
    Options

I actually liked the loot boxes because you were able to get everything in them just from playing the game. They were basically a way to speed up the grind or for players who couldn't play long enough to get everything. I played OW so much before OW 2 came out that I almost always had a lot of loot boxes available from leveling up. Even still I would sometimes buy loot boxes just to get certain skins I wanted faster during holiday events. I remember one time I saved up 200 loot boxes from playing just to say I did it. 😁 It took me over an hour to open them all so I never did that again.

OW 2 just felt like a huge monetization update to the game with less fun content. 5v5 was something I don't think anyone wanted. Reworks and nerfs ruined several characters for me like Wrecking Ball and Bastion. The new stat UI and rank system looked weird to me. There was just too much different from before. After awhile, I just lost almost all interest in the game. I log in from time to time and play a few matches, but I just can't get into it like I did before. It really sucks because OW used to be my favorite game.

• GroßusSchmiedus
    edited December 2023
    Options

Loot boxes work actually kinda well if they are tied to gameplay and not monetized, same thing why you don't hear any complains on them in R6 Siege, where you get lootboxes that you can't buy with money just for playing games to the end, it works to reduce the grind and discourage DCing.

The 5v5 is something i never understood, tanks were kinda miserable before, now its just insufferable, only a few are worth anything and in the same time as the only tank you carry a huge responsibility and get blamed pretty much every game for losing even if everyone else in the team was way worse than you. I feel like they only done it because they hoped they'd grab players from Valorant, Counter Strike or R6 Siege and made it 5v5 so its a bit more familiar for them rather than gameplay. They could fixed most problems regarding balance in OW1 in a 6v6 format by changing a few mechanics, such as introducing "sub-tanks" (non shield heroes) that can't feed revenge for example.

• KateMain86
    Options

OW was fun when the heroes were broken as hell. Being able to take out an entire team in seconds with Bastion and spin forever on the point as Wrecking Ball were some of my most fun memories of OW. They're trying to balance the game too much and end up taking so much fun out of it in the process.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,207
    Options

Honestly, I'll never understand why they thought 5v5 was a good idea. OW clearly wasn't made for that.

• KateMain86
    Options

I personally think it was all to make OW 2 look like a legitimate sequel to the game. They had to make enough changes to make the game feel like a new or better experience, but they failed horribly. Its a shame something like this would come out of a company like Blizzard because they used to produce really good games. The only hope I have left for them is that WoW may make a big comeback with the next 3 expansions now that Chris Metzen is back. As it stands, they're just a hollow shell of their former glory.