Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

PC Fatal error: Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')

Options

Hello there 🙋‍♂️

I have had a crash every now and then for a few months when I play various games. I currently play DBD regularly and I get this crash once a day. The lock time is then extended by 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 and currently I'm at 360 minutes.

Whether I'm playing as a killer or a survivor, within the first online match the game crashes and I get the crash within five minutes.

Fatal error: "[File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')"

I have already tried various solutions

• Disabled the integrated GPU chip on the CPU
  • removed the overclocking from the GTX 970, default
  • uninstalled the GPU itself via device manager, installed, restarted
  • Game uninstalled/reinstalled and checked for errors
  • Adjusted power options ( maximum performance )

Unfortunately, none of these attempts led to the desired result. All drivers are up to date, including the Windows 11 operating system.

Does anyone have any ideas? Waiting 6 hours to be able to play DBD is something I can only manage at the weekend, but that shouldn't be the solution.

By the way, as long as I have had the crash once and have not restarted the PC, I cannot get the crash again and the crash has not yet been triggered in the tutorial - but always in the online game.

Please send help. Thanks for reading!

Best regards 😊

Answers

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,185
    Options

Uff you already got the stuff I would have suggested covered.

its apparently due to rendering issue of your Graphic card - maybe you could try to reinstall or go a version back with your graphic card driver?

as to the penalty - it will go back to low penalty times once you haven’t disconnect for a certain (not disclosed) time - something like 4 days without disconnect.

maybe if you can’t find a solution and it only triggers once you could try to trigger it via custom match as killer vs bots? (You only mentioned it doesn’t happen in tutorial..)

could also try to adjust your graphic settings in-game - and see if something there helps.

do you perhaps use something like Reshade? Then I would also suggest to try disabling it and see if the error persists.

• AntarasTV
    AntarasTV Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Mooks 😊

First of all, thank you for participating in this topic.

I really spent a few hours trying to fix the problem myself and I don't quite understand why it is triggered directly in online matches in DBD and in other games it takes what feels like ages for the same error to occur.

Do you have a specific driver version in mind that I could test or just any older version? (I currently have 546.33)

Oh, yes, I meant that the game doesn't crash when I play as a killer against bots or as a survivor with bots against the killer bot. The error only occurs in online matches with or against other real players.

I had already lowered the graphics settings, but unfortunately without any improvement.

No, I don't use anything like that.

I guess if I can't find a solution, I can only try to reinstall the operating system and hope that works. 😅

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,185
    Options

Do you have a specific driver version in mind that I could test or just any older version? (I currently have 546.33)

I really don’t know, if you know it worked with a specific previous one i would suggest that.. I also don’t really expect this to fix it but it’s worth a shot?

dang yeah I guess I should have gotten that you meant that with tutorial..

I had already lowered the graphics settings, but unfortunately without any improvement.

have you tried windowed/full screen mode change?