Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Crashing and Freezing + Penalty

Options
Nark
Nark Member Posts: 14

I was told to come here from the bug reporting forum so maybe you guys can help me.

I play dbd on Steam/PC and have a pretty consistent flow of crashes. It usually doesn't bug me but during event updates they're during almost every match as both killer and survivor. I wouldn't mind but this has been giving me match making penalties which feels entirely unfair. My game crashes, I get the report, I lose all my items/offerings/BP/etc. I'd get from the match, and I'm still told I can't play the game because I've been timed out. It's up to a half hour per crash now, I've dc'd on purpose only two times in the entire history of me playing so it just feels really crumby.

As for the crashes/freezing themselves: I'll be doing just fine playing and randomly my game will freeze visually. I still hear a loop of whatever noises were happening at the time (ie. if I'm being carried it's my struggle sounds and the killer's idle sounds) but after about 2 minutes it full crashes and pulls up the report feature. I've had this happen at the start, when I'm hooked or carried, when I'm in the exit gates, you name it. I'm sick of it I just want to play the game I've put money into and nobody has any answers for me. I'm begging someone to help me so I can just do this event.

I play with everything low or off at the 800x?? window size option. I'm playing with lower graphics and settings than my friend on Switch. I can run so many big games without a single hitch while in voice chat on discord yet mine crashes when I try to do the same with dbd now - all since the update. Help me PLEASE.

This is one of the crashes I managed to save before the window closed, idk what any of this means. I just want to play :o(

Answers

• Nark
    Options

update: It crashed 5 seconds into my match after my 20 minute penalty resulting in an even longer penalty. I'm sick and tired of this. I paid good money for a game that I can't even play how is this ok?? I'm not at fault for these crashes meanwhile real cheaters and people dc'ing in my matches get to keep playing. I'm so tired of it

• Nark
    Options

It's up to an HOUR each crash. PLEASE someone help me fix this I just want to play the event. :o( how do I fix this

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216
    Options

Have you fixed it? I have EAC DCing me in almost any game and DC's penalties for no my fault.

• Nark
    Options

Nope, I cleared my cache in multiple places, restarted my computer, updated all my drivers, etc. and it still keeps crashing randomly in matches. It's doing it as killer and survivor as well as in customs now. I had my friend play using my account to at least get the event items. I guess I need to save for a better system if I want to play...

• Pokedude1110
    Pokedude1110 Member Posts: 24
    Options

Ok so you're not alone here. I have a mid-level gaming PC and I've played DBD on it with good performance for 2 years now.

Suddenly after Patch 7.4.2, my game has been doing this off and on. No clue what's happening with it, as it was running fine at max settings beforehand. (Low bar, but still)

• Nark
    Options

Such a shame this game is getting harder and harder to play without a mega pc or console - both of which I can't afford currently along with most of the community I assume. Hopefully they release some patches that optimize things better soon. Since the event I've only had 2 crashes, both of which while I was in a discord call, so take that as you will. Goodluck man :o(

• Ronsone
    Ronsone Member Posts: 216
    Options

And now?

• Nark
    Options

Still get crashes just not as many as during the winter event. I don't play as much as I was before all of this started which stinks but I don't have many options unless I save for a big PC rig to run it easier.