Nothing is more satisfying then knowing a killer won because they had to resort to lagging the game

Options
Kept evading and doging a huntress so she lagged the game to screw me out of a vault to get me down lol

Comments

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Nope lagging my head off the hooked me once because I took it to get them off a guy could not get me after and boom game lags when they see me
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Vortexas said:
    Mad cause your connection tapped out.

I don't think that's what it is since I've had video of people doing it and 2 were so mad they couldn't win they did it to the point they disconnected themselves.

• redsopine01
    Options
    Well I think also might have messes up either way I pipped lol
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Vortexas said:

I don't think that's what it is since I've had video of people doing it and 2 were so mad they couldn't win they did it to the point they disconnected themselves.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AlivePluckyGalagoMau5

https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueGoldenAdminRaccAttack

https://clips.twitch.tv/BadFlaccidMangetoutCharlieBitMe

Lag switchers don't exist btw.

If it's our internet connection how is my beautiful face still streaming?

4Head

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@powerbats said:

@Vortexas said:

4Head

If those dont count as lag switches happening. Then what the heck is a lagswitch
  • Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

@Dokta_Carter said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@powerbats said:

@Vortexas said:

4Head

If those dont count as lag switches happening. Then what the heck is a lagswitch

Exactly.

People who are actually biased will defend killers to their death and say the lag is a survivors fault.

I have clips that show survivors speed hacking but you can see their names so wont be posting those, I've not had a speed hacking survivor in a while though, but as you can see those clips were within the last 30 days.

Dedicated servers can't come soon enough.

• Dokta_Carter
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Dokta_Carter said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@powerbats said:

@Vortexas said:

4Head

Exactly.

People who are actually biased will defend killers to their death and say the lag is a survivors fault.

I have clips that show survivors speed hacking but you can see their names so wont be posting those, I've not had a speed hacking survivor in a while though, but as you can see those clips were within the last 30 days.

If you ever do. Please edit it so in that a like you hear in the background a car xD ..or even the Initial D meme
  • Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    Lag switching is where you finish repairing a generator only to find youraelf frozen in place for 30 seconds and then your game updates to all of you being in the hook. Lag switching is not lag that makes you lose a chase.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Dokta_Carter said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@powerbats said:

@Vortexas said:

4Head

Exactly.

Just edit a line over their names and you're solid.
  • Dokta_Carter
    Options
    Cetren said:
    Lag switching is where you finish repairing a generator only to find youraelf frozen in place for 30 seconds and then your game updates to all of you being in the hook. Lag switching is not lag that makes you lose a chase.
    Ah i see. Makes perfect sense, when uou have a green bar to suddenly lag mid game. Got cha
  • powerbats
    Options

Yeah I've seen exactly 3 may'be speed hacking survivors and i reported them and haven't seen them since and have seen about the same or so speed hacking killers. But lag switchers I've seen lots of them on PC and sent videos into BHVR.

I've even gotten friends requests on Steam from time to time from those people who probably sent it to anyone they suspected to bash them.

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270
    Options

I do not know what a lagswitch is but isn't the connection hosted by the killer meaning if they have bad connection everyone does? I might be wrong.

• redsopine01
    Options
    Guys it was not a lagswitch what I'm saying is they lagged the game just to secure 4 kills and mess up survivors in a chase
  • powerbats
    Options

@Dead_by_David said:
    I do not know what a lagswitch is but isn't the connection hosted by the killer meaning if they have bad connection everyone does? I might be wrong.

What they do is unplug and replug their ethernet cable in and out really fast or queue up a bunch of downloads. Say free Steam games or music and pause them and unpause them as they go and you can also you software or even a hardware switch.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Guys it was not a lagswitch what I'm saying is they lagged the game just to secure 4 kills and mess up survivors in a chase
    Congratulations. It wasn't a lag switcher but simple lag spikes. Killer didn't cause them on purpose. 

People always assume a lag switcher when the game gets laggy. But there are far less lag switchers around than most people think.
  • redsopine01
    Options
    Ffs I never said lag switching I'm saying they started to lag the game with stuff to mess up vaults for hits
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    Ffs I never said lag switching I'm saying they started to lag the game with stuff to mess up vaults for hits

Same difference. You're claiming it was intentional.

• redsopine01
    Options
    When you go from no lag and juking and making a bunch of saves to seen picking a guy up and suddenly laggy enough to mess up a straight forward vault out of no where what would you think
  • Orion
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    When you go from no lag and juking and making a bunch of saves to seen picking a guy up and suddenly laggy enough to mess up a straight forward vault out of no where what would you think

I'd think "lag".

• redsopine01
    Options
    Orion said:

@redsopine01 said:

I'd think "lag".

Right at the moment they see you run away from them though 
  • Orion
    edited January 2019
    Options

@redsopine01 said:
    Right at the moment they see you run away from them though 

I've had to step away from the game after my first kill. I've even had to DC (or more accurately, was forced to DC) because the power went out in my street after all generators were powered. Correlation does not imply causation.

• JowDaddyy
    JowDaddyy Member Posts: 19
    Options

Some killers have to resort to lag switching, maybe if survivors weren't so painfully overpowered then this entire issue wouldn't have come up at all. BUFF THE KILLERS.

• Orion
    Options

@JowDaddyy said:
    Some killers have to resort to lag switching, maybe if survivors weren't so painfully overpowered then this entire issue wouldn't have come up at all. BUFF THE KILLERS.

Don't be so naïve. Cheating of any kind would only be significantly reduced, at best, if the game was balanced. Lagswitching will only go away with dedicated servers.

• JowDaddyy
    Options

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

Don't be so naïve. Cheating of any kind would only be significantly reduced, at best, if the game was balanced. Lagswitching will only go away with dedicated servers.

Just coming from me personally, a significant reduction in lagswitching would be better than no change at all for an entire year. just saying.

• Orion
    Options

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

Just coming from me personally, a significant reduction in lagswitching would be better than no change at all for an entire year. just saying.

Oh, definitely. I'm just saying, don't think balancing the game will completely stop lagswitching.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@Dead_by_David said:

If the killer has the "internet problem" then yes, all of the survivors will be having problems.
    If only one survivor is having problems, then this survivor's internet is the one which is not working properly.

I can't wait for dedicated servers.

• JowDaddyy
    Options

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

Oh, definitely. I'm just saying, don't think balancing the game will completely stop lagswitching.

I agree with you on that. I think it's an absolute joke that the game has had this issue for so long and were only getting dedicated servers now. I believe the game will be almost completely dead by the time dedicated servers are implemented.

• Orion
    Options

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

I agree with you on that. I think it's an absolute joke that the game has had this issue for so long and were only getting dedicated servers now. I believe the game will be almost completely dead by the time dedicated servers are implemented.

History lesson:

• The publisher didn't give them the budget for dedicated servers when the game first launched. This is because nobody expected the game to be a big success.
    • Afterward, they bought back the game from the publisher.
    • By this point, the game had already been built on P2P, so switching to dedicated servers would require a lot of manpower and money.
    • It was only now that the devs have been able to switch to dedicated servers.
  • JowDaddyy
    Options

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

History lesson:

• The publisher didn't give them the budget for dedicated servers when the game first launched. This is because nobody expected the game to be a big success.
    • By this point, the game had already been built on P2P, so switching to dedicated servers would require a lot of manpower and money.

Thanks for that, had no idea in all honesty. But is there any point now? It will have been three years since its release. Just kind of seems like its not worth the money.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@redsopine01 said:

Unfortunately, some killers switch on the lag when they start to lose a game. I can understand why you are wary.

Do not let them bother you and remember: In a few months, we will get dedicated servers. :)

• Orion
    Options

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

History lesson:

Thanks for that, had no idea in all honesty. But is there any point now? It will have been three years since its release. Just kind of seems like its not worth the money.

You'd think so, right? But the fact is, the game has only grown since release, and a lot more than anyone could have predicted. With console releases and everything, DbD is an unexpected success story - a niche game that sold ridiculously well.

• JowDaddyy
    Options

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

@Orion said:

@JowDaddyy said:

History lesson:

You'd think so, right? But the fact is, the game has only grown since release, and a lot more than anyone could have predicted. With console releases and everything, DbD is an unexpected success story - a niche game that sold ridiculously well.

Well I certainly hope that it stays alive, I find it addicting and as long as they can keep thinking of more perks, survivors and killers, it could keep going for a good while. Fingers crossed, anyways.

• JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    Options
    Tbh I’m scared for dedicated servers. People complain about killers being underpowered. But those within areas where fibre connections are unavailable will be severely damaged by no longer having the game be focused on drawing from their internet.
  • Dead_by_David
    Options

@Dead_by_David said:

If the killer has the "internet problem" then yes, all of the survivors will be having problems.
    If only one survivor is having problems, then this survivor's internet is the one which is not working properly.

I can't wait for dedicated servers.

I lag sometimes but so do other people soi think my Internet is OK 

• Dead_by_David
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Dead_by_David said:

What they do is unplug and replug their ethernet cable in and out really fast or queue up a bunch of downloads. Say free Steam games or music and pause them and unpause them as they go and you can also you software or even a hardware switch.

This is to much effort for something so little! 

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    I can count the lag switchers I've faced in 1100+ hours on 1 hand. But this might be my personal perception. Since I don't count simple lag as lag switching. 
    I've even seen people complain that a lag switcher messed up their skill checks. When those are client sided.

I don't know what to expect from dedicated servers. Since BHVR might not have the money to spread a ton of dedicated servers. So people might get even worse lag than they got now.

What I do know, is that people will always blame others for their failure. So if it's not a lag switcher, because the game is hosted on dedicated servers, they'll call out a DDOS attack as excuse. "Yeah that killer totally DDOSed me man!"