Plague is still better at 3 genning

Options

I’ve always held the opinion that most killers in their own way can hold a type of 3 gen. However, even skull merchant at her peak was not comparable to Plague at max potential.

I ran a test before they reworked COB/OC to see who could hold a better 3 gen which sadly never got to be finished, but recently I’ve been testing various builds and tried the infamous dying light/thana plague but I decided to throw on COB and Pop to see just how long I could actually stall out games. Mixing these 4 perks with her add on ’Prophylactic Amulet’ made games DISGUSTING

for those of you unaware, prophylactic amulet makes it so 2 less pools of devotion spawn in the trial, meaning survivors have less spots to cleanse. However, Plague has the ability where once all the survivors cleanse and all pools are filled without being used, she is INSTANTLY granted corrupt purge. How does this play into 3 gens? Simple, you can gain Plague’s corrupt purge without once leaving the 3 gen area. “Well what if survivors don’t cleanse?” Then they have a minimum 20% debuff to generator repair speeds + whatever dying light tokens they have.

Playing with this build guaranteed 30+ minute games per match which, while incredibly boring, did prove to me how disgusting plague was at actually holding a 3 gen. And remember, plague can infect gens so even if a survivor runs before you can puke they’ll get infected and eventually get injured regardless.

with this build, I was able to keep gens regressing more than they were able to repair them, resulting in a long tug of war which results in 3-4ks 9/10. I haven’t lost with this build yet because this test is extremely time consuming and I’ve only done a few maps so far (rotten fields, ironworks 2, and torment creek) but they’ve all had the same result.

and I’m not saying this because I want plague nerfed I’m saying this because

Gen spawns are the problem and always have been

you can’t bandaid fix the problem by nerfing every killer to not be able to 3 gen, you need to find the reason why 3 gen’s spawn in the first place and work from there. This issue will never be solved if the reason 3 gens happen is never addressed and something tells me this next patch that nerfs killers damaging gens won’t be the solution.

Comments