Should killers be able to see Dull Totem auras (only aura; no notification on cleansing, etc.)?

Options
Eninya
Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

This was something I had a thought of. Only killers paying attention can potentially make this a useful piece of information, but it doesn't overtly let all killers no.

Think of it like Surveillance, but as a base mechanic and could be very useful to the diligent, observant killer.

So, if you're chasing a survivor, and look around, you'll see a dull totem, but by the time you hook them and turn around, it's cleansed, so you know someone is/was over there.

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

It would be a nerf to hex totem aura and wouldn't want that to happen as a killer tbh.

Good killers already pay attention to cleansing sounds so I don't think it would help me much.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

@Delfador said:
    It would be a nerf to hex totem aura and wouldn't want that to happen as a killer tbh.

Good killers already pay attention to cleansing sounds so I don't think it would help me much.

This is for gauging locations at a distance, and they could simply have the Hex aura be different, so that the killer can differentiate them.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Eninya said:

@Delfador said:

This is for gauging locations at a distance, and they could simply have the Hex aura be different, so that the killer can differentiate them.

If it was a general location type thing like I've got a totem in this area it probably wouldn't be that bad but like @Delfador said good killers already pay attention.

The other issue is you'd have to deal with information overload in addition to gen auras, hooks, general noises etc.