Hag transition to Spirit (Tips Needed!)

Options

So im still fairly new to playing killer. Im one of those people who took more comfort in playing survivor knowing there are at least 3 other people working with me out in the trial, but with killer you gotta beat the clock and i always get LOADS of anxiety when my killer lobby loads up lol However, i found comfort in playing the hag as i felt i didnt have too much trouble tracking survivors as i was pretty good at setting good traps. I however wish to transition into a spirit main as i am in LOVE with her design and over all aesthetic. But the few games ive played with her, i get WRECKT! Hardly hit anybody and my phase mind games be way off lol but i watch other play her well and it looks like so much fun and i want to get to that place too! I know shes one of the most difficult killers to get the hang of in the game, but does anyone have any tips for an infant baby spirit player? The build i use on her is BBQ, STBFL,Sloppy, Bloodhound. Thanks guys!

Comments

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options
    Add NOED for blood hound. You need more power from that slot.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options
    Practice is the best tip I can give. You just need to get used to tracking survivors while phasing. Stridor will also help a lot with that, as will predator if you're really having a hard time.

Just imagine you're playing hag except you have to drive to work each time you used your power.
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

So im still fairly new to playing killer. Im one of those people who took more comfort in playing survivor knowing there are at least 3 other people working with me out in the trial, but with killer you gotta beat the clock and i always get LOADS of anxiety when my killer lobby loads up lol However, i found comfort in playing the hag as i felt i didnt have too much trouble tracking survivors as i was pretty good at setting good traps. I however wish to transition into a spirit main as i am in LOVE with her design and over all aesthetic. But the few games ive played with her, i get WRECKT! Hardly hit anybody and my phase mind games be way off lol but i watch other play her well and it looks like so much fun and i want to get to that place too! I know shes one of the most difficult killers to get the hang of in the game, but does anyone have any tips for an infant baby spirit player? The build i use on her is BBQ, STBFL,Sloppy, Bloodhound. Thanks guys!

Spirit main here, first you'll need to understand the fundamentals of tracking! Having headphones are key to mastering her because you'll need to hear the survivor's grunts of pain and breathing to locate them while phasing! Another thing, grass is so important as the Spirit! If you see grass move while phasing, a survivor just walked there so get ready for an attack!

You'll need to plan one step ahead of the survivor so you can know what their next move will be! If you think a survivor will vault a window, make sure you phase to the other side for an attack instead of trying to phase to them and hope to beat them to the vault! Remember, if you stay completely still, the survivor will have no idea if you're phasing or not so use this to bait survivors! :)

My build: BBQ, Ruin, Monitor & Abuse, Nurse's Calling

Or

My build: BBQ, Sloppy Butcher, Monitor & Abuse, Nurse's Calling

Spirit is almost as strong as the Nurse so she doesn't need add-ons or perks to be viable.
  • JammyJewels
    JammyJewels Member Posts: 610
    Options
    My advice? Know your terror radius. If you are able to use it to hide your phasing then being somewhat stealthy or surprising should be easy. I’ve yet to experience with a Distressing build on the Spirit but I presume it would actually go down very well.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Options

To begin learning that character start by changing Bloodhound for Predator or Stridor. It anint really any reason to run Bloodhunt on her unless you have The Glasses.

I would also change Sloppy for Ruin but if you are not playing at rank 1 It doesnt really matter.

With Stridor and Predator you'll allways know where your preys are.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    @Spirit_Hag

When you are in a chase with a survivor just stand at the pallet, do not phase. Most of time they will drop the pallet and comes towards you. This will allow you to get a hit. If you see them move away from the pallet then you can go back chasing after them. 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Spirit has a lot of bugs right now. Wait until the next patch at least.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited January 2019
    Options

I like movement speed addons, or phasing on Lery's/The Game.

M&A, Nurse's Calling, Make Your Choice, Ruin -- my current build for her. You can use Stridor and/or Sloppy Butcher on her, too.

Due to sound occlusion being WAY OFF with Stridor, I've dropped it for now.

Maybe I'll record it in the future, but you can stand at pallets and see if survivors think you're phasing, and they'll come back across without dropping it. xD I've done that 3 times in a single match.

Post edited by Eninya on